Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2811-green-on-tax-verdict

Charles Green there, saying it was "the club" (not "the company" you'll notice) that went into admin. Who's he trying to curry favour with now?

And if he mis-spoke or the writer of the piece made an error you'd think it would have been sorted fairly quickly to put a stop to the sniggering at the back of the class.

“For me as CEO of Rangers it’s a different thing and I have to focus on the future and not on the past.

Distancing themselves from the past from the past now? Coincidence that Rangers International have sprung up now?

Aside from the usual pedantics of the club / company thing, do you agree with what he wrote?

The CVA would have been accepted, he is at least correct in this

Should he go to the liquidators now and put the whole affair to bed by offering to buy out what is left of Rangers? Or are you happy to continue with the pretense of continuation?

Aside from the usual pedantics of the club / company thing, do you agree with what he wrote?

HMRC were still owed enough that if they voted "No" and everyone else had voted "Yes" there couldn't have been the 75% for it to be agreed. Even without the fabled "BTC millions".

That said, if the result had come well before the CVA proposal went out then who's to say HMRC wouldn't have voted yes or abstained and it would have gone through.

“We are where we are. We have said in our presentations and through the business plan that we will do what we said we would do – and what Ally said he would do – and that’s get the team out on the park week in week out and get promotion and work our way to the top division – whatever that top division is called.

huh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

This bit:

"It was finally revealed last week that Rangers had won the tax case brought by HMRC in relation to Employee Benefit Trusts used during the reign of Sir David Murray for a number of players and some staff.

Despite a concerted campaign from certain quarters, which was often hateful, that decided that Rangers were guilty of "cheating" it has been proved that is not the case."

...is only partially true. Rangers lost some cases and didn't contest others.

The moan about how long the verdict took is also utterly laughable, given how much the club held up proceedings by failing to cooperate.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Pedants, Tedi, those people who strive for accuracy are pedants.

incidentally, why would you describe these people as such?

This bit:

"It was finally revealed last week that Rangers had won the tax case brought by HMRC in relation to Employee Benefit Trusts used during the reign of Sir David Murray for a number of players and some staff.

Despite a concerted campaign from certain quarters, which was often hateful, that decided that Rangers were guilty of "cheating" it has been proved that is not the case."

...is only partially true. Rangers lost some cases and didn't contest others.

The moan about how long the verdict took is also utterly laughable, given how much the club held up proceedings by failing to cooperate.

As all three judgements noted, if I recall correctly, including the two that are supposedly unimpeachable and must be accepted in toto by all.

The dissenting opinion was even more scathing, but since the author wrote that Rangers won a game that they actually lost, her opinion is apparently tainted beyond all credibility.

Or so I've been told.

I dont think our Charlie had anything to do with that

Of course he didn't have anything to do with it - the case involved the dead club - which he wanted nothing to do with, until he could rob the corpse.

You must remember us all talking about it way back in Ju.... Oh, hang on a minute!laugh.gif

As for your following magnum opus - no, no meltdown here, nothing to see, carry on.......laugh.gif

Tedi, a veritable master of grammatical punctuation. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

My guess is there was a bountiful harvest of commas and a drought in the growing regions of full stops.

It would appear the punctuation harvest has been bought up by HellBhoy for his personal (over)use, leaving us mere peons to scrabble around for stray semi-colons, overlooked hyphens, underdeveloped commas and the occasional wild full stop. (look! there's one!)wink.gif

Usual stuff, the supposed Killie fan running round with his English Teacher skills keeping us all in check, well I say us all, if you are anti Rangers you could speak in swaheli and he would applaud

If you could SPELL "Swahili", you'd get a fucking standing ovation....

Oh, this, that and the other. and a bit of thon. That's about it, really.

Oh, I like a bit of thon. Is there anything new? I'm getting a bit bored with the Amigos' relentless shoite, and even bored with slapping them down - it's not fair having a battle of wits when your opponents are unarmed.

Wow. For a brief moment there we were having a wee discussion. And then it went away. *sigh*

:P

There are many of us who would love to have a reasonable discussion.

I know I have a habit of responding in kind to some of the insults levelled at me - you want me to take that shite?

I do have an interest in this story - unlike some, I've been here for the duration, and hoped the events of the last few days would tempt back the likes of yourself, and some of the others who shared the Summer of Sevco with us. Don't give up just yet, if we can talk and debate sensibly maybe the fuckwits'll get bored and go back to whatever these people do when they're not on here.

Not holding my breath, mind.rolleyes.gif

Still living in Fantasy land supposed Killie fan?

I can assure you he is, back in the heady days of Rangers death we had a few set too's on here over various things, 'twas before your time Tedi but if you search you will find. Got quite heated at times, ahh the good old days :)

Their is no pretense ;) I am happy you also think the same

But aye, I would be happy to revisit the CVA, I dont think Charlie has any thoughts of this though

I dont think our Charlie had anything to do with that

Sure lets have the same argument over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Again :rolleyes:

Would you prefer we vote thru things 1v2 then?

Usual stuff, the supposed Killie fan running round with his English Teacher skills keeping us all in check, well I say us all, if you are anti Rangers you could speak in swaheli and he would applaud

Still living in Fantasy land supposed Killie fan?

There is no accuracy with your above question

HTH

Aye the supposed Killie fan entered the room, he has this affect

Tedi - I have quoted above all your posts since I came on the board this evening. Given the repeated complaints from other posters about the quality of this thread recently - which I and others have acknowledged publicly here - Remind us what YOU add to the debate again? Other than agreeing with everything Bennett and Bendarroch post, that is.