Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm going multiple choice for the turf laying:

a) El Papa

b) Gerry Adams

c) Bono

d) Janet Street-Porter

e) Paddy Power (turf accountant)

In all honesty I don't know :(

Michael Davitt. Irish Republican turned politician. I didn't know either and was praying nobody asked before i found it.

It was a rejection .. anyone is free to argue the semantics of it.

It was made clear to the SFA that Dave would be applying .. at a press conference they stated that he would not be able to and specified the grounds that he failed on ..

Rejected in my book .. even if the formal paperwork did not cross their desk.

STV are asking that very question ,.. have the SFA replied yet, or are they remaining silent as usual?

So at a press conference at the time a hypothetical question is posed and you now imply that the answer given as being a de riguer fact on their commitment? Where is the due process for Mr King from a press conference from premature comments?

I was looking for the name of the IRB man that laid the turf at Parkhead and came across a Rangers inspired conspiracy page. I know they are dangerous but funny at the same time. It was explaining how celtic had their own men in positions of power in Scottish football. Neil Doncaster is celtic minded because he was at Norwich and Norwich owner , Delia Smith, is a devout Roman Catholic. Well that's me convinced anyway :thumsup2

Big Delia.

"Let's be avenue" :lol:

On a different note, would rangers fans rather have king on the board but with no money and none of the current board to hold him down

Or

All of kings reported wealth at the clubs disposal but no board seat/none of his business acumen and the current board still presides at ibrox?

On a different note, would rangers fans rather have king on the board but with no money and none of the current board to hold him down

Or

All of kings reported wealth at the clubs disposal but no board seat/none of his business acumen and the current board still presides at ibrox?

I'd rather not rely on one man and his wealth. Having said that we need all the parasites out and the club run properly. Can't be too much of an ask........

I'd rather not rely on one man and his wealth. Having said that we need all the parasites out and the club run properly. Can't be too much of an ask........

My, my, what an unusual berr. The last twenty-odd years must have been torture for you, especially when you were organising marches to keep the MBB out of ibrox.

SFA spokesman .. check

Hypothetical question (based in fact) that they had plenty to time to consider their response to as they were well aware it would be asked... check.

During a breakfast briefing with daily newspaper correspondents, it also emerged that Rangers director Dave King will not be permitted by the SFA to be an official at the Ibrox club post-administration as he was still serving on the board when they entered their current insolvency event under Whyte

Quite possibly the reason he said that is due to this available fact.

Whatever way you dice it .. The SFA clearly stated King is NOT PERMITTED to be a director or chairmen of the new club as he was fiddling while Rome burned on the OLD SHIP ..

You can argue the semantics about the terminology used by me .. rejected, due process and other insignificant factors .. but the underlying facts are clear.

The SFA stated that King by their rules is not allowed to be an official of a club post administration.

I have stated that the SFA can make any decision they like .. however they will have to justify their previous stance.

“To put the fit and proper issue to bed for a second, we have to say we rely heavily on a plc managing their own due diligence and the directors of that plc managing the transfer of ownership in the best interests of the club."

“We need to understand this idea of a ‘fit and proper person test’,” said Regan. “It’s a myth. There is no test."

From same Hootsman press article.

Where's the up in arms ref Paul Murray, same applies to him?

It's a red herring wind and piss from the SFA IMHO.

Edited by Bloomogganners

54 titles BT...54 titles and still going strong.

I would rather my club died with our history than had to live with yours.

I'd rather still have a club to support than one that gambles its very existence on short term success.

Block him on what grounds? The fact he has tax convictions in a foreign country? Funny as the Easdales have tax convictions in THIS country but there were few Ps & Ds who objected to them being on the board.

For the a start being on the board of a club that was liquidated within the last 5 years.

SFA .. not really keen on statements since April last year ...

What do they do to earn their keep?

This. Please don't tell me how many squousandz of pounds they get paid for eating, drinking , watching fitba' and sitting in big motors.. Blazery, suity kants.

Gie's a joab. Ah could dae that.

A non statement that fools nobody. It's not a test correct .. so what?

He has to submit an application and the content considered in conjunction with SFA guidelines and rules .... it's not a test ... whoopee !!

Really?

As for Paul Murray .. he would fail as well .. what's that got to do with the price of fish?

His names going forward to be voted on if they survive long enough to hold an AGM. I don't know why you Tic fans seem so focused on King, all that will happen if he gets onboard is sevco fans will demand spend spend spend, the old rangers men will demand spend spend spend as they don't know any different and his wonga will go down the plug hole..............only reason I can see for TIc fans concern is that it will be their own CEO who will rubber stamp King's apponitment if it happens.

His names going forward to be voted on if they survive long enough to hold an AGM. I don't know why you Tic fans seem so focused on King, all that will happen if he gets onboard is sevco fans will demand spend spend spend, the old rangers men will demand spend spend spend as they don't know any different and his wonga will go down the plug hole..............only reason I can see for TIc fans concern is that it will be their own CEO who will rubber stamp King's apponitment if it happens.

I think even Willie Hills would close the book on the certainty of that!

Let me see if I've got this right.

King will probably NOT get on the board of TRIFC plc However, he COULD possibly (?) join the board of TRFC ltd.

If he gives bundles of money to TRFC ltd to buy players, pay wages, etc then these improved assets would be owned by TRIFC plc. So the beneficiaries of King's possible return would be the majority shareholders in TRIFC plc and King would have SFA, ( :) ), just a place on a board of a private limited company which is owned by a public limited company.

Have I understood things correctly? The two company, one club thing has me confused. If this has already been explained for the hard of thought, I apologise.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Let me see if I've got this right.

King will probably NOT get on the board of TRIFC plc However, he COULD possibly (?) join the board of TRFC ltd.

If he gives bundles of money to TRFC ltd to buy players, pay wages, etc then these improved assets would be owned by TRIFC plc. So the beneficiaries of King's possible return would be the majority shareholders in TRIFC plc and King would have SFA, ( :) ), just a place on a board of a private limited company which is owned by a public limited company.

Have I understood things correctly? The two company, one club thing has me confused. If this has already been explained for the hard of thought, I apologise.

The SFA "fit and proper" will have no bearing on his appointment, will be rubber stamped by those in Hampden. He's best to wait and buy them out of admin.