Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Apart from owing HMRC a 'reported' £150m, D&P were only going to sell to one group....

Doesn't make sense

It's not used as an excuse to do nothing, I've already stated that we have a scheme implemented to buy as many shares as possible over a period of time. So where is the inaction?. We are doing something but if the current board don't want to sell no one, not the support or anyone else can change anything in this respect. As for stating "a deluded sense of entitlement", that is nonsense, there are many Rangers fans who know exactly where the club is at the moment and don't see any sense of entitlement in being at the top of the game in Scotland, we realise the club has a long road ahead.

The inaction is on the part of 95% of the support who aren't taking part in the long, slow share scheme. And as has been pointed out, the time to organise and do something was when obvious chancer Charles Green was able to buy the old club's assets for very little. It was just assumed someone else would step in and provide.

There might be a good few of you who are more realistic about the grim reality, but nonetheless the majority expect a Big Man to step in and give them a successful club at great personal cost. I genuinely think people think they are contributing because they 'put their hands in their pocket' - but by and large they aren't contributors, they're just plain old customers. Totally passive in real terms, whatever din they might make on phone-ins or those grim side-columns in tabloids.

All of which makes 'we are the people' very, very funny

Let get this right. We need to bring in another Assistant mananger to help out a guy taking £800,000 wages + bonus. He has already got 2 assistant managers who are taking £600,000 + bonus between them.

We will have to sell our better players or release them and we will still be too strong for the Championship that could include Dunfermline,Raith,Dundee , Falkirk, Hamilton, Hearts and another top division club such as St Mirren,Killie,Ross County,Thistle...FFS we lost games in the bottom tier never mind the Championship

You honestly don't see crowds dipping when we are selling our better players and being pumped on the park and yet we have to pay 30% more for the privilege?

And i am leaving the best to last...You don't think there is anything seriously wrong at the club? FFS and you call others fucking mentalists?

Spot on...although I still think you'd find enough for the Championship.

Ticket income won't alter drastically unless they play a very dangerous game on pricing and not overstepping the loyalty point where sales go down. Don't see a lot of change to their usual commercial income from being in lower division, nothing seems to have changed scale wise and TV money...it's not a lot...certainly not enough to bolster a £1mllion monthly loss. It's a club/company in need of really drastic cuts but whether they'll see the reality this time remains to be seen. I can't see it and the manager isn't showing much sign of it.

Ticket income won't alter drastically unless they play a very dangerous game on pricing and not overstepping the loyalty point where sales go down. Don't see a lot of change to their usual commercial income from being in lower division, nothing seems to have changed scale wise and TV money...it's not a lot...certainly not enough to bolster a £1mllion monthly loss. It's a club/company in need of really drastic cuts but whether they'll see the reality this time remains to be seen. I can't see it and the manager isn't showing much sign of it.

The ticket pricing for next season is due to rise around 15% to 20% and who knows maybe the world's smallest violin will be playing in the background as Walter Smith once again pleads with the fans to pay that extra bit more to help the spivs erm !, I mean the club stay solvent till their impending return to the top tier and they will be rewarded somehow.

The Rangers fans know what is coming round the corner now, but it is how they react to the impending administration event and financial problems being touted everywhere. Do they act like cash cows again and plough their hard earned money into the club hoping everything pans out in their favour. Or do they say "No more" and then force the club into administration to oust the spivs, and suffer any chance of promotion to the top tier in order to get the right people in control of the boardroom making savage cuts and decisions and then plough the money into the club by on the day ticket sales and merchandise ?.

Or do they sit on their arses as usual hoping and praying some mug with billion's throws tens of million's at the club in order to get one over ra Sellick and stop them getting 10 in a row and surpassing their 54 top tier titles ?.

Winning the Championship is only worth about £280k more in prizemoney than winning League One.

(And those figures were based on having a naming rights sponsor).

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/229106-how-much-money-does-your-club-stand-to-make-from-league-reconstruction/

That's, what, 1 week's losses? Hardly worth considering.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Sevco supporters' cries of "You need us because Celtic will win the title every year" means f**k all to supporters of every other club. We've grown up with the knowledge that one of the Old Firm will win the title. That isn't going to change for a few years.

I don't think it's a huge leap to suggest however that most diddies find the impending doom of The Rangers (and indeed the death of Rangers) funnier than than it would have been for Celtic because prior to that we had to endure decades of triumphalistic bullshit from their fans. Seeing them all squealing like stuck pigs when their club died was therefore fucking brilliant.

FFWD a couple of years and we're in a similar-looking situation. Except it's even better this time, because we've had nearly two years worth of teary-eyed pish like "we'll be back to claim our rightful place at the top" or "We'll be back to see the SPL in ashes" and other shite like "enemies of Rangers" and so on. So if Sevco fans thought they were getting it tight in 2012, an administration event in 2014 is going to be astoundingly unpleasant for them. It's even better that dog-whistler-in-chief, fatboy McCoist is going to have a ringside seat while it unravels around him.

All in all, rather pleasing. :)

Edited by jupe1407

I like his solidarity with the players as it appears he still hasn't signed up to his 50% pay cut.

About two minutes into the video.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/rangers/260726-ally-mccoist-backs-rangers-players-over-decision-to-reject-pay-cut/

It's been agreed, but he hasn't signed anything. Seems legit.

I did post last night, you must have missed it. A bit worrying that you have me under surveillance tho.....

you really need to stop being so aggressive Norman, it isn't good for you.

What site was that on, then? Because you were conspicuous by your absence on the big thread, and I can't recall seeing your sparkling wit displayed anywhere else...

Oh, hang on - I didn't realise that 1826hrs counts as "night-time" :rolleyes: . Do you ever decide to live a little and stay up late to watch Coronation Street? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There wasn't even any sign of you over on the top 5 Women over 40 thread - any reason you paid that one a visit,you creepy, stalking little moron?

So are you saying that a £20 million investment isn't a heavy investment?

20 million of doubtful provenance converted to 16 million nice clean pounds is actually a pretty good deal, according to the rates I've heard about.

Not an unbelievable scenario, given King's activities.

Investment? You're smarter than that, youngsy.

6 seasons out of 25 is not exceedingly rare.

Most of those were due to Celtic nearly doing a Sevco back in the days if the biscuit tin. How many teams split the Old Firm when neither of them were suffering financial difficulties?

Either way, it's winning the league that matters.