Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sevco supporters' cries of "You need us because Celtic will win the title every year" means f**k all to supporters of every other club. We've grown up with the knowledge that one of the Old Firm will win the title. That isn't going to change for a few years.

I don't think it's a huge leap to suggest however that most diddies find the impending doom of The Rangers (and indeed the death of Rangers) funnier than than it would have been for Celtic because prior to that we had to endure decades of triumphalistic bullshit from their fans. Seeing them all squealing like stuck pigs when their club died was therefore fucking brilliant.

FFWD a couple of years and we're in a similar-looking situation. Except it's even better this time, because we've had nearly two years worth of teary-eyed pish like "we'll be back to claim our rightful place at the top" or "We'll be back to see the SPL in ashes" and other shite like "enemies of Rangers" and so on. So if Sevco fans thought they were getting it tight in 2012, an administration event in 2014 is going to be astoundingly unpleasant for them. It's even better that dog-whistler-in-chief, fatboy McCoist is going to have a ringside seat while it unravels around him.

All in all, rather pleasing. :)

Edited by jupe1407

I like his solidarity with the players as it appears he still hasn't signed up to his 50% pay cut.

About two minutes into the video.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/rangers/260726-ally-mccoist-backs-rangers-players-over-decision-to-reject-pay-cut/

It's been agreed, but he hasn't signed anything. Seems legit.

I did post last night, you must have missed it. A bit worrying that you have me under surveillance tho.....

you really need to stop being so aggressive Norman, it isn't good for you.

What site was that on, then? Because you were conspicuous by your absence on the big thread, and I can't recall seeing your sparkling wit displayed anywhere else...

Oh, hang on - I didn't realise that 1826hrs counts as "night-time" :rolleyes: . Do you ever decide to live a little and stay up late to watch Coronation Street? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There wasn't even any sign of you over on the top 5 Women over 40 thread - any reason you paid that one a visit,you creepy, stalking little moron?

So are you saying that a £20 million investment isn't a heavy investment?

20 million of doubtful provenance converted to 16 million nice clean pounds is actually a pretty good deal, according to the rates I've heard about.

Not an unbelievable scenario, given King's activities.

Investment? You're smarter than that, youngsy.

6 seasons out of 25 is not exceedingly rare.

Most of those were due to Celtic nearly doing a Sevco back in the days if the biscuit tin. How many teams split the Old Firm when neither of them were suffering financial difficulties?

Either way, it's winning the league that matters.

I've not really been following this story all that closely.

But given were liable to be in direct competition next year I figure I should take a bit more of an interest.

Who does this incarnation of Rangers owe it's money to?

The Rangers

I've not really been following this story all that closely.

But given were liable to be in direct competition next year I figure I should take a bit more of an interest.

Who does this incarnation of Rangers owe it's money to?

They aren't currently in debt as far as I'm aware, but they have massive outgoings with little or no cash to pay them.

I like his solidarity with the players as it appears he still hasn't signed up to his 50% pay cut.

About two minutes into the video.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/rangers/260726-ally-mccoist-backs-rangers-players-over-decision-to-reject-pay-cut/

Quote:

"And McCoist says he has sympathy for his players, stating they were not to blame for any financial problems at the club.

He said: "I don't know who is responsible but I do know who is not responsible and that's the players and supporters, who have given us two years of 36,000 season tickets.

"I have my own ideas about who is responsible, but I would rather keep them to myself.""

Two-faced, rabble-rousing, little sh*t.

We demand to know their names, ya slimy little b*stard.

£800,000 a year, plush hotel rooms for away games. Yeah, we have our own ideas about who is responsible.

Could a Rangers fan explain why the supporters didn't try to pool their resources and buy the old club's assets? It would have cost £25-40 pfim (per fan in Manchester ). Also are there any moves to attempt it in the future, since they all seem to agree the board / major shareholders are mainly chancers or incompetent? Just interested (lol)

Good points.

There's no question that Rangers fans could have done more to stop their club being liquidated. There's also no question that fans of the new club could have done more to acquire the assets of the old club.

Instead, on both occasions, they sat and let the worst happen. First they sat idly by and let the old club die and secondly they let the new club and the assets of the old club fall into the hands of snake oil salesmen.

I wonder why these fans never done more? Maybe they just aren't that bothered about their club?

Quote:

"And McCoist says he has sympathy for his players, stating they were not to blame for any financial problems at the club.

He said: "I don't know who is responsible but I do know who is not responsible and that's the players and supporters, who have given us two years of 36,000 season tickets.

"I have my own ideas about who is responsible, but I would rather keep them to myself.""

Two-faced, rabble-rousing, little sh*t.

We demand to know their names, ya slimy little b*stard.

£800,000 a year, plush hotel rooms for away games. Yeah, we have our own ideas about who is responsible.

Not to mention big fat contracts to SPL players, Who's idea was that then ally ?