Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

These offers include caveats which are not acceptable to the current 'controlling shareholders'. They are not giving up their power to do as they see fit for themselves.

The directors are acting in the interests of the shareholders that 'matter' ... "the club" or it's best interests are secondary. It's business.

Ashley will lend the money and secure the assets. I suspect he already has the 'rights' to the "name" and badges.

When they go into administration he will ensure his contracts and any rent will be on his terms ...

The new club owners will have to pay the piper Ashley. King's consortium tried to play hard ball ... Ashley could simply liquidate and hold onto the assets if he so desires.

He's well aware of what makes these 'Ragers men' tick.

Tick Tock ...

I agree with most of that......in that he'll end up gaining the assets via secured loans but in order to receive benefit from these assets he needs a team in blue playing at Ibrox every other week.........which kind of rules liquidation out (not necessarily administration though(.

These offers include caveats which are not acceptable to the current 'controlling shareholders'. They are not giving up their power to do as they see fit for themselves.

The directors are acting in the interests of the shareholders that 'matter' ... "the club" or it's best interests are secondary. It's business.

Ashley will lend the money and secure the assets. I suspect he already has the 'rights' to the "name" and badges.

When they go into administration he will ensure his contracts and any rent will be on his terms ...

The new club owners will have to pay the piper Ashley. King's consortium tried to play hard ball ... Ashley could simply liquidate and hold onto the assets if he so desires.

He's well aware of what makes these 'Ragers men' tick.

Tick Tock ...

Right, again I need to stress how clueless I am about insolvency and suchlike (and it's not in some knowing Columbo way; it's genuine), but that sounds sane enough to me.

What is it you're suggesting then? That Ashley acquires the property (intellectual and physical) then admin happens anyway, meaning any subsequent buyer is buying what exactly - this ethereal entity that is a club, but one it's impossible to raise serious money from or with, as rent and merchandise all go Ashley' s way?

Is that what you mean or am I mistaken here?

Right, again I need to stress how clueless I am about insolvency and suchlike (and it's not in some knowing Columbo way; it's genuine), but that sounds sane enough to me.What is it you're suggesting then? That Ashley acquires the property (intellectual and physical) then admin happens anyway, meaning any subsequent buyer is buying what exactly - this ethereal entity that is a club, but one it's impossible to raise serious money from or with, as rent and merchandise all go Ashley' s way?Is that what you mean or am I mistaken here?

FWIW That's how I read it mate.

Yes .. agreed.

However if King (unlikely) or others fail to agree on favourable terms during negotiations ... I'm sure Mike's pockets are big enough to be satisfied with the profits so far and liquidate, he'll worry about selling or utilising the secured assets later,

There is also the matter of Chuckie's onerous contracts to consider.

True.....but like the assets, the onerous contracts rely upon the supporters coming through the turnstyles.

Liquidation will be the final bargaining chip for those who own the Assets/Contracts.

It's a fcuking strange one for sure!

Was watching the woeful Goal 3 last night when who should make a cameo appearance in a discussion with agents but Mike Ashley. He delivered one line and some quick Googling reveals he paid £3million for the privilege. That sort of approach to finance shows why he's the ideal man to turn Rangers around.

Ashley knows that if the company/club/entity goes into admin and he has claim over Ibrox/MP/the badges, etc then all he needs to do is let the company be liquidated. There will be no shortage of rich "Rangers men" queuing up to pump money into "their club" and there is no way this club will not play at Ibrox. He will have them and the fans over a barrel and won't even come under surveillance by the SFA as he won't need to have any shares in the company. He will just sit back and rake in the cash.Rent on Ibrox rising once in Premier League, rising again once in Europe. Club responsible for all maintenance on the stadium. Percentage of sales of young players from MP. He'll even own all the trophies and the "history" of the club.

What is there not to like about it?

I agree with most of that......in that he'll end up gaining the assets via secured loans but in order to receive benefit from these assets he needs a team in blue playing at Ibrox every other week.........which kind of rules liquidation out (not necessarily administration though(.

Why would it rule out liquidation? A new club would spring up, calling itself Rangers only this time they'd be renting their properties instead of owning them.

It's probably been the plan all along and the SFA have been cornered into changing their rules to facilitate this very scenario.

Shrewd work by Chucky and his gang. Between severance payments, share handouts, loan securities, exuberant wages etc they have tied up everything.

Why would it rule out liquidation? A new club would spring up, calling itself Rangers only this time they'd be renting their properties instead of owning them.

It's probably been the plan all along and the SFA have been cornered into changing their rules to facilitate this very scenario.

Shrewd work by Chucky and his gang. Between severance payments, share handouts, loan securities, exuberant wages etc they have tied up everything.

Liquidation would mean starting back in SPFL2 (or would that be SoSL?).......if crowds are dropping now with fan apathy what would it be like if they knew they were just feeding the very spivs they currently want rid of in spite of "Rangers men" owning the "Club"?

The only question would be who would want to buy them after liquidation? Unless they want them truly for the club, the lack of assets the shell of the club actually has, means that there is no money to be made by anyone coming in. It would be costly to get these things back.

The only question would be who would want to buy them after liquidation? Unless they want them truly for the club, the lack of assets the shell of the club actually has, means that there is no money to be made by anyone coming in. It would be costly to get these things back.

You obviouly haven't been following Scottish football for very long.

"It's not a club. It's not a passion. It's a way of life! WATP"

How are 500 million bears going to survive if they don't have a club to support? These people will pour millions into a bottomless pit if they believe that the next manifestation will get them back where they belong. This time, they will be ready to put up with a team of young players, rising slowly through the divisions if they believe that there will be a warchest waiting for them at the end which will win them the CL.

Edited by WeeHectorPar