Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This latest news is absolutely sensational; here I was thinking that this week would be a slow descent into the EGM, when the most obvious element of entertainment would be the pop-up tent in the corner of the park, and then dear 'ol Mike twists the screws just that wee bit tighter. I was right - as are many on here - about one thing; no matter who's sitting on the board, Mike's playing the tune now.

Even the most indignant Rangers fan must acknowledge that Ashley has played this brilliantly. That he can exert so much control from what is essentially a fairly weak shareholding is nothing short of a masterstroke, and again proves that the club was exposed to schemers and asset strippers while the support languished in fragmented groups, more interested in supremacy amongst themselves than coalescing into something that might have prevented all this from happening. For notes on how this should have been done, see Hearts and, to a lesser extent, Dunfermline.

King's assumption of power will likely not be halted by the drawdown, as his ego will carry him over the top. What he'll find when he gets there might convince him that it wasn't worth the effort in the first place. Again, if the HMRC rumour is true, and Mike turns off the tap, King might not mind the idea of Administration and can blame it on Ashley throwing his toys out of the pram, but the longer-term problems will reverberate for some time to come.

What a ghastly mess, but it has ever been thus. Bring on Friday!

A magnificent post tae wake up tae.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:I THOUGHT I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SEETHING :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by shull

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31721301

Hmm, "The same applies to King. Whyte tried to remove him from the board, but King stayed in place until after administration, during which time he passed information on to the relevant authorities about events at Ibrox."

That's not what happened now, is it.

“…From May 2011 Mr David King was aware that he was being excluded from the governance of the company and he appears to have done little about it except repeat his demands to Mr Olverman and Mr Craig Whyte for information.

There was no information about any other steps he took as director when matters were plainly out of the control of the Board and information and accounts were kept secret from the Board.

The question might be “What could they do?”. The answer is “They could have made public the activities of Mr Craig Whyte of which they were aware or ought to have been aware”. Their fiduciary duties owed to the company might for example have led them to disclose to the PLUS Stock Exchange that no accounts were likely or that no AGM was likely to be held on account of the conduct of Mr Craig Whyte and that there was a complete breakdown of the corporate governance of Rangers FC.

These are matters which did not determine the liability of Rangers FC but which bore upon the question as to what extent it could, with merit, claim that it was powerless, and that the sole responsibility was that of Mr Craig Whyte.”

A left-field idea - just to keep us going until Friday.

The state of repair of Ibrox seems to be getting increased focus. I wonder whether the Health & Safety guys will step in and shut the place down. On Monday - give the fans a weekend of celebration first.

mmmm do you not imply in the post below that the typo was the reason it was incoherent pish ,as claiming it doesn't make perfect sense seems to be a strange defence, because you seem to have gotten the gist of the rest of the incoherent pish rather well :P

No, I also made the point about it appearing to suggest the whole of Scottish football would get behind No 8's suggestions although I am pretty sure that's not what was meant either. Just out of interest the phrase used "and as are you suggesting" is that meant to read "and as you are suggesting" or is the 'as' superfluous and is he asking "and are you suggesting". Either way it's far from perfect sense.

King and Ashley are in things together. Long after the soap opera calms down that will become apparent. People like king don't go publicly after people like Ashley.

sound plausible - like all the previous smoke and mirrors stuff that has gone on.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Israelism

Israelism (also called Anglo-Israelism) is a doctrine based on the hypothesis that people of Western European descent, particularly those in Great Britain, are the direct lineal descendants of the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel. The doctrine often includes the tenet that the British Royal Family is directly descended from the line of King David.

Of course that might have nothing to do with it.

The same people who spent months digging up the Hill of Tara looking for the Ark of the Covenant in 1898. Hmm ...

it is like one of those illusions. Do you see a young woman or an old woman?

18914d1240514260-did-you-see-jesus-optic

Are 'Rangers' now saved and heading 'back' to hearing Champions League music at Ibrox again?

or

Are 'Rangers' more fucked than ever and will continue to provide us with more hilarity for years to come?

I've looked at that drawing for ages. All I can see is a white and gold dress.

The same people who spent months digging up the Hill of Tara looking for the Ark of the Covenant in 1898. Hmm ...

It seems bizarre to modern eyes in a predominantly secular age where we have DNA analysis but this kind of thing wasn't as Fringe as you might think.

I remember, as a child, reading about it in a Children's history of Scotland that had originally been my Grandfather's back in the early 1900s

It was explained that the Scots arrived from Ireland, Ireland was called Hibernia and Hibernia sounds too much like Hebrew to be a coincidence.

I was sceptical even then

No, I also made the point about it appearing to suggest the whole of Scottish football would get behind No 8's suggestions although I am pretty sure that's not what was meant either. Just out of interest the phrase used "and as are you suggesting" is that meant to read "and as you are suggesting" or is the 'as' superfluous and is he asking "and are you suggesting". Either way it's far from perfect sense.

It's much closer to perfect sense than it is to incoherent pish. Indeed you were obviously able to make perfect sense of it from your comments. Hence it must make perfect sense.

Unless you are a complete moron having a word out of order does not make something incoherent.

It's much closer to perfect sense than it is to incoherent pish. Indeed you were obviously able to make perfect sense of it from your comments. Hence it must make perfect sense.

Unless you are a complete moron having a word out of order does not make something incoherent.

Master Yoda, with you agrees

So, the rangers are actually a club with a proud, albeit brief, Israelite tradition? Was Jericho an early, failed, attempt at wall-guarding?

Not by the Israelites, no, they were attempting to breach the walls of Jericho, not guard them.

Obviously it was a failed attempt at wall guarding by the inhabitants of Jericho.

So wages, normal monthly outgoings, the rest of Fat Salary and McDowall's payoffs, DL and BL payoffs, Quarterly VAT bill ... how much do you reckon will be left (assuming MA sorry SD authorises the drawdown) from the second tranche ?

Dig deep bears ... Your club needs your wallets emptied and your 'piggy-banks' as well.

The_Kincardigan will be on soon with a bit of GIRFUY triumphalism to keep us diddies and plastics in order.

it is like one of those illusions. Do you see a young woman or an old woman?

18914d1240514260-did-you-see-jesus-optic

Are 'Rangers' now saved and heading 'back' to hearing Champions League music at Ibrox again?

or

Are 'Rangers' more fucked than ever and will continue to provide us with more hilarity for years to come?

Neither. That's Elbows McCulloch.