Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

3f0e3be8c9266376d4b102987d1d5c94.jpg

Gotta be patient Dave. Takes a while to con people into spunking their own personal fortune on The Rangers' wet dreams of reflective glory.

"Looking into the books and checking contracts" is merely corporate waffle for "trying to come up with a viable plan that won't make our public chest beating and bluffery look like the bullshit it really was"

Buying time while they figure out what the actual f**k they do now they have the keys to the money pit at last.

:lol:

post-35393-0-77680100-1426959108_thumb.j

Edited by GreenockRover

The "fit bill" implies it's a bill for them getting Ashley's players in shape ... poorly executed I agree but that's what I assumed they meant.

Nah, too tenuous. He just fkd it up. :P

Unless he's playing the tabloid game of using shitey puns for every headline and sub-headline. Surely not in the Torygraph?

Its been discussed many mnay times....

Write this season off, concentrate on youth/fringe players till the end of the season and rebuild for next season. If funds are available then bring in players to bolster the younger players.

Coaching and Scouting needs improved, we have started there.

Financially i can't say what state the clubs in as i that information isn't available yet and i suspect it may take months before we know the true extent of the many onerous contracts. Some folk on here think they know the details but i prefer to ignore the various blogs where they get their info.

If we show signs of slowly improving by playing youths/rebuilding for the future then i think the fans will show patience but if we continue with the "doontoolers" then i can see a lot of fans saying fcuk it.

Also with 4 or 5 years of constant negative headlines surrounding the club we need to start doing things right, imo some fans have also stayed away due to the various "going ons" ... that needs rectified.

What do you mean by 'write the season off'? Surely you still want to get to the playoffs? Or do you mean, its just a whatever happens, happens kind of thing?

Can the club afford another season in the 1st? I genuinely have no idea.

I cant see why scouting is even on the radar at the moment for you as with the money issues I would have thought it was an unnecessary expense in the short term.

The youth is an obvious way to go as it would be much cheaper, makes perfect sense.

When we dropped down from the Premier we had to go with the youth as we couldnt afford to do anything else, we are now financially sound (as far as Im aware) although not competing enough for some of our fans. (I guess its fine balancing act for the board)

Im wondering how the Rangers fans would cope with a potential mid table 1st division team for a season or so to try and balance the books and rebuild slowly. Im sure some would be perfecly understanding and prefer it to losing money hand over fist but Im sure some would find it difficult to cope with. Playing youngesters does tend to make the fans more understanding, its just HOW understanding is the big question.

The main thing I would assume would be to find out why the club is hemorrhaging money and trying to turn that around? 70 Million (if that figure is accurate) is such a ludicrous sum to be in the red after 2 seasons in the lower leagues that I can even fathom whats been going on and thats AFTER taking money in via gates, TV etc. so its actually even more than that. Frightening.

Edited by MattBairn

What do you mean by 'write the season off'? Surely you still want to get to the playoffs? Or do you mean, its just a whatever happens, happens kind of thing?

Can the club afford another season in the 1st? I genuinely have no idea.

I cant see why scouting is even on the radar at the moment for you as with the money issues I would have thought it was an unnecessary expense in the short term.

The youth is an obvious way to go as it would be much cheaper, makes perfect sense.

When we dropped down from the Premier we had to go with the youth as we couldnt afford to do anything else, we are now financially sound (as far as Im aware) although not competing enough for some of our fans. (I guess its fine balancing act for the board)

Im wondering how the Rangers fans would cope with a potential mid table 1st division team for a season or so to try and balance the books and rebuild slowly. Im sure some would be perfecly understanding and prefer it to losing money hand over fist but Im sure some would find it difficult to cope with. Playing youngesters does tend to make the fans more understanding, its just HOW understanding is the big question.

The main thing I would assume would be to find out why the club is hemorrhaging money and trying to turn that around? 70 Million (if that figure is accurate) is such a ludicrous sum to be in the red after 2 seasons in the lower leagues that I can even fathom whats been going on and thats AFTER taking money in via gates, TV etc. so its actually even more than that. Frightening.

They're not £70m in the red though. That's just the kind of money they're reputed to have got through, although the destination of much of it is unclear.

The question regarding the willingness or otherwise of most Rangers fans to display patience regarding fielding a team of youngsters to piss around mid-table in the second tier, is an interesting one.

However, the answer is not tricky.

It's probably worth pointing out that cutting our cloth was a factor in our relegation in the first place.