Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just read the statement. are they trying to perform a Jedi mind trick?

"You will not punish us for cheating, there is nothing to see here. Its for the good of everyone that you move on and don't punish us for cheating."

Desperate scenes as they try to kid on that they are bigger than the game.

THE SPFL Board has stated they held a conference call to be given a factual update on the Court of Session EBT ruling and so it would be remiss of the Rangers Board not to state the Club’s view.

The first thing to be said is that Rangers has made it clear it wishes to reach out and work with all clubs to help revitalise Scottish football, which has also suffered in recent years. There is much to be done and Rangers wants to be part of the way forward.

Our game has to become more attractive to potential sponsors and partners if the finance levels required are to be generated but this can only be done if we present a coherent and united strategy. Therefore, a line must be drawn now if we are all to prosper.

It is our irrevocable belief that this Club’s history, including its many successes, is beyond debate. Rangers cannot countenance or accept any talk, attempts or actions designed to undermine what this Club has achieved throughout its long history.

So, as far as this Club is concerned there is no need for further SPFL consideration of court judgements or appeals. They should be saying it is time for everyone to move on and work together for the greater good of the game. Scottish football has suffered enough.

What a heap of p*sh. As soon as I saw 'factual' in the first line I knew it would be rubbish.

In other words ' The titles are our history but the cheating isn't'.

Edited by NewBlue

https://twitter.com/rangerstaxcase/status/663706758955700224

Rangers Tax-Case ‏@rangerstaxcase 1 min1 minute ago

On title stripping, who better than David Cunningham King to comment on cheating. http://tinyurl.com/py4njrm

‘With regard to EBTs, I was on the board so I have to take some responsibility.

‘And I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage.

‘I believe that, on behalf of myself and most of the board members who were with me and probably agree with me, that we should apologise for that.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

The "irrevocable belief" bit is what epitomises the club, the previous club, and their acolytes. Basically, it's a KinCarCrash-esque way of saying, "we don't care what you lot think - this is how it is."

Or, as Tedi and Vicky would say, "la la la, Mad Phil, diddies, la la la".

We should be thankful, really. Sane people with a bit of self-awareness, contrition and intellect would have been nowhere near as much fun for the last few years. In a funny sort of a way, I'll miss them when there's nothing more than a SD warehouse on Edmiston Drive.