Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ive two empty irn bru bottles in my van so add that to the pledge total....

hey... dont thank me.. thats just the kind of guy i am... :)

There were some curly wurly's thrown in, but well... I got hungry when I was counting the pledges.

Would you like to laugh at Rangers plight and the media meltdown (BBC) or would you like to listen to tears and defiance of fans (Clyde 1)? It is a difficult choice.

If the answer is "laugh at the greeting media" then here's where you want to go: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17939195

Yeah, I know, but Danny Lennon has been there himself during Gretna's demise. Or ask Colin McMenamin, who has witnessed it at several clubs he's been with (bloody Jonah!)

Even if they are getting paid what guys in most other clubs that suffer financial problems can only dream of, even for an institution as morally repugnant as Rangers, it's easier for us than it is for people who are in the same industry as the Renegers and know from experience what those are going through down at player and coaching staff level.

In this instance, cut Danny some slack.

His surname is Green. It's obvious where his allegiances lie.

So they'd rather have no club than one that is run by anything even slightly related to Celtic.

Fuds.

Surely even you know that Green is a religion, not a f****ing colour :D

Would you like to laugh at Rangers plight and the media meltdown (BBC) or would you like to listen to tears and defiance of fans (Clyde 1)? It is a difficult choice.

They don't let nutters on the phone-in on Clyde anymore. I'm sure half of them are actors to give the 'panel' an easy ride.

And AMAZINGLY a different journo in the Courier pretty much said exactly the same...Indefensible mate :angry:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...r-the-SPL.html

And Lomas said: "If Rangers go out the SPL then it affects everyone — that's the bottom line. "And those who think otherwise are deluding themselves.

Apart from the word deluding, which is of course up there with the likes of amazing, awesome and legend at the moment, what he actually said is correct.

What he did not say was...

STEVE LOMAS claims fans who want Rangers booted down to Division Three are DELUDED

That is not defending anyone. It is simply pointing out the truth.

I forget who it was, but somebody on this thread has been saying for weeks that it looked like H&D had quickly spotted that Rangers were boned, then set about clocking up as many fat fees as they could by dragging RFC to the end of the season. Now we're nearly there, they're about to sell the whole thing and drive away with their pockets bulging.

Whoever it was, the geezer looks like Nostradamus for prophesying this excellent situation.

Is`nt the strangest part of this the fact that a team with so many thousands of supporters (which apparently includes countless top businessmen and millionaires) and a supportive media, can`t come up with what is in the big scheme of things a fairly insignificant amount to buy this Scottish `institution` which is apparently loved by millions throughout the world

Rangers heading for CVA -> UEFA say CVA will be treated like a newco so 3 year ban

Rangers probably not going for a CVA -> UEFA say they're redrafting the rules so it might not be as harsh.

:lol:

@alextomo - Right - word back from UEFA. They're redrafting rules on CVAs. Won't treat them as seriously as Newcos - so CVA "won't necessarily incur a 3 y Euro football ban - but could be 1 or 2 year ban depending on circs. That's as clear as I could get it.

radio clyde has bee fatastic already haha

Sportsound's been a big disappointment so far. I make a point of never listening to SSB on a Friday though, as I find it highly annoying, so I shall stick this out and see if we get any decent breakdowns later on.