Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Could this be what the documentary is all about?

How was the shares rights issue money spent? I bet a few fans have lost a fair chunk of their savings there.

Part of the documentary is allegedly about phone taps / surveillance on The Bunnet and Alan MacDonald in late 90's / early 00's. Murray allegedly seeking injunction to stop the broadcast.

The best part is that without them it guarantees a non-OF team in the final. Happy days.

Exactly my first thought - a Rangers-less Cup would actually improve the tournament - as everyone would think they had a chance at the final. Please make this happen :)

Do Rangers not still owe Dundee Utd their share of the gate money from the sparsely attended Scottish Cup tie at Ibrox? Yet they've been staying in luxury hotels before every game while they've been in administration? The SFA should be chucking them out of the Scottish Cup before they can boycott it.

Do Rangers not still owe Dundee Utd their share of the gate money from the sparsely attended Scottish Cup tie at Ibrox? Yet they've been staying in luxury hotels before every game while they've been in administration? The SFA should be chucking them out of the Scottish Cup before they can boycott it.

Argument thrown back at me when raised with RFC fans is that, as they are in admin, they cannot legally pay this money. They went into admin around 9 days after the cup game, unsure if that's relevant.

Aye, throw them out! biggrin.gif

Its tremendous news if they do boycott it. We are half way towards what we have all dreamed of for Scottish Football. Just need rid of those tedious fucking Celtic morons.

Be quite interesting to know whether or not clubs have to formally enter the cup, or they are just expected to participate and put into the draw.

It'd be tremendously funny if they refused to honour their tie and the SFA punished them with a 10 year Scottish Cup ban :lol:

I've heard from an insider that contrary to what most people think, that when david murray was chairman he was putting money into rangers from his businesess, he was actually putting money from rangers into his businesess. Not sure if this is true but it raises the question, how did the bbc or other journalists not know this.

Succulent lamb at it's best probably.

Exactly my first thought - a Rangers-less Cup would actually improve the tournament - as everyone would think they had a chance at the final. Please make this happen :)

I would imagine that within 2 seasons of Deathstar Athletic's extinction, the SPL would be on a very healthy footing. More families would go along to games, we wouldn't have to put up with their ridiculous mediaeval sectarian ditties (there's another subject The Succulent Lambs daintily sidestepped), the air inside football grounds will be less polluted and the most important thing, FOOTBALL WILL BE ENJOYABLE AGAIN !!!

Be quite interesting to know whether or not clubs have to formally enter the cup, or they are just expected to participate and put into the draw.

It'd be tremendously funny if they refused to honour their tie and the SFA punished them with a 10 year Scottish Cup ban :lol:

I'm sure they do actually have to enter each year just as promoted clubs have to apply to join the SPL. There was talk on here of both Dundee and Falkirk applying for next years SPL just in case.

Oh, now that would be fantastic. I would love that :D

I'm basically all for anything that fucks up their club and their fans but I'm surprised how bad they are making things for themselves. The moronic fans seem hell-bent on destroying any reputation they have and this talk of boycotting grounds etc just means if they are kicked out it won't make any difference.

Love it.

This is probably the funniest part of the lot. On the one hand they're aggressively pleading that without them in the SPL, everyone is fucked, but prior to a vote, where SPL chairmen are half expected to vote in their favour because of their large travelling support, they're going to organise a boycott to negate that ONE "ace" that they hold.

What a bunch of fucking social failures. :lol:

Can see this saga going to page 2000!

Just when you think you're getting to the last page on this thread and caught up, another appears!

Can't say I've read all pages but most of them.

News, comedy and vitriol with the occasional spat of off topic stuff too.

A must read for me. keep it up troops! biggrin.gif

A hilarious excerpt from the minutes of that meeting. So much win, I don't know where to start, but the bit I've italicised is especially laugh.gif.

His idea is to have investors owning from 1% to 15%. All 26,000 current fan share holders will be invited to invest and given 2 or 3 years to fund their investment. The press have found out about Kevin McDonald and Freddie Shepherd and approached them. Both have declared an interest in investing but as yet, have not done so. Mr Green has 5 or 6 people who have already committed to invest and who have paid money to be part of the dream. Some are from the Middle East and some are from the Far East. None are Rangers fans but are football fans. Their dream is to fund soccer academies in the Far East and to see Rangers progress in Europe, where the creation of a European League is seen as a reality.The company will be listed and everyone will be able to see all who invest. At the moment they have asked for privacy.
<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; ">

From the meeting today. I wish I could've been there, would've been funny as f**k :lol:

The Meeting commenced at 5:30 and ran until 6:50. There was an agenda produced by Mr. Green then the floor opened for questions.

1. Season ticket prices.

Despite no increases in the past three years and the desperate need for money coming into the Club, the prices will not be increased for the forthcoming season. An official announcement will be issued soon. The Ticketus deal is over.

2. Meeting with the SFA/ SFA Appeal.

Mr Keen, our Q.C. presented a strong case why the penalties were harsh. The sanctions were not actually in the SFA Rule Books. He stressed we were very likely to lose players. He spoke for one and a quarter hours. The SFA's lawyer then presented his case. Both Mr Green and Sandy Jardine stressed the panel were independent and not "football men". Rangers asked for a quick decision in order that we may plan what to do next. The panel went away for an hour and a half and returned with the verbal decision, to be confirmed in writing, that the decision and sanctions stand

3/4. Deal Structure/ CVA/ Newco and CVA letter issue date.

Mr Green's preferred route is a CVA. Funds are in place to pay the creditors. On or around next Friday Duff and Phelps will write to the creditors with the offer. The creditors then have 14 days to decide if they will accept. If all say yes, Duff and Phelps stand aside and Mr Green pays the creditors, although he will not yet be the new owner. From making their decision, the creditors then have a 28 day cooling off period in which they can change their minds but Mr Green thought it unlikely any would do so having made a decision. Once the debt is settled, Rangers are out of administration. Crucially, the SFA looks upon things differently, and once the creditors accept - not when they get paid - Rangers are, in the SFA's eyes, out of administration.

Scottish football is working to new rules, so it is vital all is settled before the 4th August - or we may face further punishments.

If we go down the newco route, it is along similar lines to Bill Miller's except Mr Green will pay the creditors now. Bill Miller's idea was to pay them off over three or four years.

Mr Green stressed that whatever happens we will not lose the history or the trophies. The Club was founded in 1872 before the days of incorporation. In 1899, we incorporated. In 1981, we re-registered. All with the history intact. All we get is a different number in companies house against our name.

5. Investor information.

Mr Green was looking into the purchase from 18th February. His idea is to have investors owning from 1% to 15%. All 26,000 current fan share holders will be invited to invest and given 2 or 3 years to fund their investment. The press have found out about Kevin McDonald and Freddie Shepherd and approached them. Both have declared an interest in investing but as yet, have not done so. Mr Green has 5 or 6 people who have already committed to invest and who have paid money to be part of the dream. Some are from the Middle East and some are from the Far East. None are Rangers fans but are football fans. Their dream is to fund soccer academies in the Far East and to see Rangers progress in Europe, where the creation of a European League is seen as a reality.

The company will be listed and everyone will be able to see all who invest. At the moment they have asked for privacy.

6. Craig Whyte agreement.

Mt Green has met Mr Whyte on three occasions and has paid him £1 for the Club. He also paid him a second pound so that Mr Whyte could make a 100% profit on the deal. The thing is set in stone and Mr Whyte cannot back out. Mr Green stressed that anything David Murray or Craig Whyte did should be consigned to the history books and we now look forward.

The floor was opened to questions.

Asked what would happen if one, two or three of our recently called up International players got crocked playing for their country and we could not sign anyone because of the embargo, Mr Green and Sandy Jardine expressed their amazement and anger at how the situation may develop. Mr Whyte pointed out to the panel at Hampden that we had three goalkeepers on our books and asked what would happen if they all got serious injury, would we have to field a team without a keeper? No satisfactory answer was forthcoming. They looked at the team sheets and saw almost 40 signed players from 17 years of age up. Sandy Jardine asked them what would happen if all the experienced players left. The answer was that we still had enough on the books to put out a team. Sandy Jardine answered that you cannot blood a youngster too soon. One bad game and he may be finished. But he told the Meeting the people he was talking to were not football people.

Asked if we should plump for Division 3, Mr Green replied that without Rangers there is no SPL and the other Club Chairmen know it. While other clubs fan may want us demoted, their Chairmen are businessmen.

Mr Green stated that while not a test case, if we were Crewe Alexandria or Arbroath, the punishments would not be sever, indeed there may be calls to assist us.

Mr Green stated that there may be a "year of pain" but that we would emerge from it and regain our place. Asked where he saw us in 5 years, he said "top of the League".Mr Green paid great tribute to Ally McCoist, the management team, the players and to Rangers men such as Sandy Jardine and Jim Hannah who had given so much.

Asked about further investors, Mr Green said that he had held meetings today and would hold more tomorrow with Rangers fans keen to invest. They were, he said, major names in Scottish business - and Bluenoses.

Asked about future players Mr Green reminded the meeting that he had built and sold the largest sports agency in the world and still had the contacts. "who would not want to come and play for Rangers?" he asked.

Lastly, Mr Green stressed that it was most important that there should be no disruption to the Cup Final at the weekend. It would not be beneficial to Rangers