Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Last time Rangers made a bid for one of our players we turned it down (£1 mil for Mark Reynolds) - I can't remember the last time before that that we actually sold a player straight to them.

Andy Kerr might have had a point if he'd said the presence of Rangers (and Celtic) bumps up the price when selling down south - pretty sure Dundee United were just using Rangers to get more money for Goodwillie from Blackburn. But I'm not certain Mr Kerr would have been able to articulate a point as sophisticated as that.

Doncaster in Scotsman again stating he doesn't see any real distinction between CVA and newco. I.e. straight back in. Refused to discuss the improper registration question. Also amazingly reckons that a newco could provide more money for creditors than a CVA, although he could provide no examples of where this had ever occurred in football.WTF????

My mate tried to put the argument forward that Killie etc spent money which wasnt theirs. The difference is that Killie have an agreement with the bank, therefore the funding is from a legitimate source. Rangers didnt have that with the paye. That was theft/fraud.

We once owed 13m+, its now down to under 9m.

All our debt is secured against assets and 100% to bank.

The majority is due to building Hotel.

Rangers stole NI and Tax, with no intention of ever paying it.

Scumbag club, scumbag fans.

Ridiculous. I can't remember us ever selling a player directly to Rangers since Ian Ferguson and that was 25 years ago FFS, so the transfer fee point is totally moot.

I'm sure Stewart Gilmour also doesn't sit at night and hope Rangers are interested in taking Kenny McLean or Darren McGregor off our hands. Nor does the Motherwell Chairman sit and hope they swoop for any of their talents.

Deluded. Totally, deluded.

Last one they paid for was Naismith in 2007. Wallace doesn't count as they never paid.

....but to get it right, you have to say it with that Weegie accent - not 'bears', more 'berz'. ;)

Aye, as in herr (crowning glory), merr (an increased amount), sterr (a structure desinged to increase one's elevation), ower therr (at a point some distance away) . Oh, where is Stanley Baxter when you need him!! I'm married to a Weegie,so I kinda speaka da lingo. She still lapses into into the Weegie patois now and again and I have no compunction about ripping the pi$h out of her when she does it. I slip into my most gutterall Weegie ned accent and she hates it. I particularly love her pronunciation of Hospital, when she totally misses out the "t" and replaces the "a" with a "u", quali-eh, maaan.

So what is the best outcome for us diddies, realistically?

Rangers are hit by another couple of body-blows at the conclusion of the BTC and the SPL double contracts investigation. Rangers, despite having played the "Scottish Football is nothing without us" card as hard as they can, jump before they are pushed and resign from the SFA/SPL. Rangers attempt to set up a European/Atlantis/Orange League from scratch, it all turns to shit in short order and everyone gets to point and laugh.

Meanwhile, back in Scotland, Celtic realise that it makes no commercial sense to piss money away on a one-horse race of a league. They cut back their spending accordingly. The differential between Celtic and the rest of the league, in terms of both player quality and wages, narrows.

Suddenly, the league is more competitive and the other clubs realise that with a run of decent results, just about any club could be challenging for top 3 finishes. The league becomes much tighter and more competitive, racking up wider local support, interest, and spectator numbers.

The sectarian nonsense that has plagued Scottish football is reduced to the sound of one hand clapping now that one half of the problem has left the building. As it fizzles out and stops, Scottish Football becomes a much more attractive option for a Saturday afternoon family outing. Clubs aren't slow in taking advantage of the marketing opportunities. Average spectator numbers double.

There's a real buzz around Scottish Football. Clubs increase their local involvement by encouraging their players to obtain coaching qualifications, and running football coaching sessions with local schools and community groups. All the kids in the coaching groups are offered discounted family tickets to the club. Local interest rises to an all time high. Spectator numbers treble. Club Chairmen look at the figures and see that they are getting three times the spectator income for no more expenditure on the park. They thank their lucky stars that Rangers walked, because they know in their heart of hearts that this wouldn't have happened if they had voted to keep them in.

Nobody misses Rangers.

Rangers are hit by another couple of body-blows at the conclusion of the BTC and the SPL double contracts investigation. Rangers, despite having played the "Scottish Football is nothing without us" card as hard as they can, jump before they are pushed and resign from the SFA/SPL. Rangers attempt to set up a European/Atlantis/Orange League from scratch, it all turns to shit in short order and everyone gets to point and laugh.

Meanwhile, back in Scotland, Celtic realise that it makes no commercial sense to piss money away on a one-horse race of a league. They cut back their spending accordingly. The differential between Celtic and the rest of the league, in terms of both player quality and wages, narrows.

Suddenly, the league is more competitive and the other clubs realise that with a run of decent results, just about any club could be challenging for top 3 finishes. The league becomes much tighter and more competitive, racking up wider local support, interest, and spectator numbers.

The sectarian nonsense that has plagued Scottish football is reduced to the sound of one hand clapping now that one half of the problem has left the building. As it fizzles out and stops, Scottish Football becomes a much more attractive option for a Saturday afternoon family outing. Clubs aren't slow in taking advantage of the marketing opportunities. Average spectator numbers double.

There's a real buzz around Scottish Football. Clubs increase their local involvement by encouraging their players to obtain coaching qualifications, and running football coaching sessions with local schools and community groups. All the kids in the coaching groups are offered discounted family tickets to the club. Local interest rises to an all time high. Spectator numbers treble. Club Chairmen look at the figures and see that they are getting three times the spectator income for no more expenditure on the park. They thank their lucky stars that Rangers walked, because they know in their heart of hearts that this wouldn't have happened if they had voted to keep them in.

Nobody misses Rangers.

Thank you sir. :bounce2 This should be forwarded to all chairmen of non-OF clubs in Scotland.

Nobody misses Rangers.

Delightful as this sequence of events would be, I don't really see them as a realistic denouement. There will be a Rangers in the Scottish leagues next season as far as I'm concerned.

Is it more crippling for them to be down in Div 3 as newco/oldco (if that's even possible), or to be newco in SPL or oldco in SPL?

ETA: the post by the aberdeen fan on previous page linking to RM kind of explained it.

Edited by madwullie

If this disgusting club do go bust, I for one would take enourmous pleasure in seeing fat cunt bastards in Inverness greeting into their stomach overhangs when they have no team to support.

I'll mention to them, as they watch Sky Sports News on a Saturday afternoon, whilst I have my pub lunch before watching my club play in my home town, that they deserved everything they got for both their club being cheats, and for the countless times I got ripped into after my team was turned over 3/4/5-0.

I'll never, ever let it lie either, every time I saw one, be it in person or on a Social Networking site, I'll mention Rangers to them and how funny everyone thinks it is that their club is no more.

Morning Rangers Media inbreds with your Red Hand of Ulster avatars. How's the nerves today?

Nobody misses Rangers.

:wub:

I'd always thought Sky saw it as a two way street with the viewing figures v attendance argument. For every home game they show from Ibrox or Parkhead there are between 45 and 60 thousand folk inside the ground that can't be watching the game on Sky.

Can't imagine the viewing figures for SPL games are high enough that they'd want to regularly take that number of people out their figures.

It's about protecting the potential for OF in-house tv selling home games as pay per view, one of the first negotiations around the 11 to 1 vote at the start of SPL. That's all.

If this disgusting club do go bust, I for one would take enourmous pleasure in seeing fat c**t b*****ds in Inverness greeting into their stomach overhangs when they have no team to support.

I'll mention to them, as they watch Sky Sports News on a Saturday afternoon, whilst I have my pub lunch before watching my club play in my home town, that they deserved everything they got for both their club being cheats, and for the countless times I got ripped into after my team was turned over 3/4/5-0.

I'll never, ever let it lie either, every time I saw one, be it in person or on a Social Networking site, I'll mention Rangers to them and how funny everyone thinks it is that their club is no more.

Morning Rangers Media inbreds with your Red Hand of Ulster avatars. How's the nerves today?

Well said, Sir. I remember going on holiday to Arbroath (I know, I know, it was a long time ago), when i was just a nipper and wondering why all the buses were going in the other dirction as we passed through Dundee, with RFC scarves hanging out of the windows, and had signs up saying "Aberdeen Loyal"

From the Scotsman

Kerr said: "My initial reaction was that I was extremely disappointed. There was also an element of anger, which I'm sure will be felt across the supporter base."

"When we looked at the reasons for the decision, the rationale behind it and the circumstances in which it occurred, we had a clear view that Craig Whyte was the villain of the piece here. It looks as though the way they have reasoned the case is that effectively the actions of the owner apply equally to the actions of the club. We think that was totally unreasonable."

Quite obviously this idiotic clown hasn't even read the report from the tribunal. If he did (or could?) all would be explained. He talks about "the way they reasoned the case" as if it was a pub chat about who was the best Rangers centre forward ever. The tribunal was based on facts and precedent. Read the damn thing man mad.gif

How do people like Kerr end up as a spokesman for anything?

He said: "Over the years Rangers have bought players from other Scottish clubs. They have effectively propped them up with pretty sizeable transfer fees. If I was the chairman of, for example, Motherwell or St Mirren, and I had a promising player, I would be thinking that Rangers might be interested in signing him. That money would be very welcome by them I'm sure."

No comment needed.

In the bad old days, before the transfer window thingy, if a guy played a blinder against the OF on a Saturday, he'd be signed up by them by 5pm on the Monday. I specifically remember this happened to Bobby McKean, and I think to Ally McLeod, from The Saints. Not that they wanted them in their team, it was just to stop them playing against them.

So Willie Puller is obsessed with people being 'football men', is his new bff Mr. Green?

I would say that it was 'football men' that got Rangers into this, from greedy players saying 'more more more' with their hands out, to their agents playing all sides against each other for their own betterment, to ex-players still involved, whether it be the club or the media who perpetuate the myth that the big hoose must indeed, stay open.

All we have got from Fat Sal et al , is that they don't understand the business side ''we're only fitba men'' is the cry, well I suppose they could have a point, a competant business man would have checked into whether or not double contracts, dodgy EBTs, etc etc were legal or not. Or then again they could just be shadey feckers.

Having listened to them whine my conclusion is that indeed they are shadey feckers, and keeping this type of 'football men' out of the decisions regarding Rangers, indeed all of Scottish football decisions, would be extremely beneficial to the game.

What he means is it would be better with three "football minded men" making the call. say, Donald Findlay, Chick Young and Mark Hately. Ah, the good old days!

You've got to love this bloke Charleton Green.

20 investors, oops I really meant to say "five or six". Is this guy arithmetically challenged?! Which is it? 5 OR 6? These are not difficult numbers to keep tabs on!

I reckon ra peepul better hit the panic button again soon. So far he has only spent £2 as far as I can see. St Johnstone will have comped him into the game as well, so he's quids-in so far!

'Wha's in cherge here?'

This must be used as the diddy slogan going forward.

It's almost as if Dundeebarry's lucid imagination was a gift from Jesus to us. To all of us.

I'd be interested to know Jocky Scotts take on this whole affair

20 investors, oops I really meant to say "five or six". Is this guy arithmetically challenged?! Which is it? 5 OR 6? These are not difficult numbers to keep tabs on!

I reckon ra peepul better hit the panic button again soon. So far he has only spent £2 as far as I can see. St Johnstone will have comped him into the game as well, so he's quids-in so far!

I read that as Chorlton!

Here pictured with his consortium of Wheelies Investors.

book-pix-037.jpg

Is this from today's newspaper?