Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What would be a rationale for an administrator to go straight to liquidation so early? They've not laid any players off yet; Paul Murray says his plan will be ready 'at the end of the week'; they've not asked SPL to forward prizemoney to help buy time (a.k.a. reach split/May).

What would be a rationale for an administrator to go straight to liquidation so early?

Hodit and dodit haven't finished pishing themselves at Rangers accounts and problems yet.

Every time they open another drawer in the RFC filing cabinet another bunch of wetting yourself material spills onto the floor.

What would be a rationale for an administrator to go straight to liquidation so early? They've not laid any players off yet; Paul Murray says his plan will be ready 'at the end of the week'; they've not asked SPL to forward prizemoney to help buy time (a.k.a. reach split/May).

Coz they ur kafliks likesy ken

Its all a conspiracy.wink.gif

Edited by Zeus

I wish I'd bought shares in popcorn 2 weeks ago. I'd be minted enough to buy Rangers and put some final nails in there.

Shares in popcorn aren't required. £1, some creative fund-raising and brass neck are the only requirements to own Rangers.

I seen Grant Holt scored today, didn't Rangers put a bid in of just over a £1m not long before they went into admin?

Now surely they must have known they couldn't afford to make good on that bid.

Now I might be over thinking this, but isn't there some kind of law that makes it illegal to try and obtain goods through fraudulent means?

The offer was grandstanding. They had no intention of signing Holt, and knew that he would have no intention of ever joining them.

I seen Grant Holt scored today, didn't Rangers put a bid in of just over a £1m not long before they went into admin?

Now surely they must have known they couldn't afford to make good on that bid.

Now I might be over thinking this, but isn't there some kind of law that makes it illegal to try and obtain goods through fraudulent means?

That bid was the equivalent of me bidding £3.20, a Beano and an Irn-Bru bar for a16-bedroom mansion and trying to convince my wife I really could afford to buy our dream home.

The offer was grandstanding. They had no intention of signing Holt, and knew that he would have no intention of ever joining them.

Aye we'll never know what Norwich would have sold at, but considering it was for an under-contract captain heading for double figures halfway through a Premiership season with a typical lower division side, I'd have thought towards the £4-5m mark.

It's quite good - he's become the 'loving cup' for me - every time I see him, I think of Rangers! :lol:

Twitter is going a bit crazy with rumours that Rangers are going to be liquidated on Thursday afternoon.

Won't get my hopes up about it though

Twitter is the modern equivalent of saying "some fat bloke in the pub told me"

Wont get excited about anything till it says they are dead on the news.