Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The lack of news about the tax dodgers today has dented my faith in the P&B family. Surely if nothing is happening, then in the spirit of the Scottish sports media, we can just make things up.

Craig Whyte is an alien who has been sent to destroy earth by a process of destabilising the worlds greatest institutions starting with Rangers Football Club.

Craig Whyte is an alien who has been sent to destroy earth by a process of destabilising the worlds greatest institutions starting with Rangers Football Club.

That's what they're saying on Twitter anyway.

craig-whyte-007.jpg

When you read about some loser on Facebook getting jailed for saying,,,,,let's go start a riot ,,or ,,,hope that f,,,,n,,,b dies,, makes you wonder how these retards can safely say worse on a daily basis.

When you think of all the overtime Strathclyde's finest must earn policing rangers' matches, they won't be in a hurry to give up their holidays and new cars by rocking the boat. Mind you, if there's no OF derbies or European nights, that income stream would disappear, so maybe it's time to start using all those new religious/race/sectarian hate laws...

KTID

When you think about it surely the best thing for a 'Rangers 2012' would be to start from the 3rd division? Most fans on here are demanding this happens as if it would be a terrible hardship for a new Rangers but it would probably be in their interests.

If a new club is formed by some sort of Rangers-minded consortium they'll have the expense of buying back assets from the old company and they'll also have no/few players in the squad. When you add to this that they won't be able to compete in Europe for 3 years it actually makes sense for them to want to start from the 3rd division. They'd have no chance of competing with Celtic in the SPL and they couldn't qualify for Europe, so why not spend three years building up a trophy cabinet and getting your finances in order for re-entry to the SPL. They could bring through plenty of young players in this time and sign/re-sign a few fans favourites who are finished at a higher level - David Healy, Barry Ferguson, maybe even Kris Boyd after a season or 2. Radio Scotland would likely send a reporter to every match and they'd probably still manage to talk more about them than the remaining SPL clubs (excluding Celtic). No doubt SKY would also follow them. The whole thing would be packaged as a romantic fairytaleand after 3 years they'd be back in the SPL with a healthy bank balance and an enthusiastic support who've just seen 3 consecutive league title victories and probably 3 Challenge cups as well. No doubt they'd regularly be drawn against Celtic in the Scottish Cup as well, with a brave performance to be expected from the young Rangers side resulting in a replay.

Like an "At home with the Osbornes" type show?

Reading that Rangers Media site has made me realise I am hopelessly out of touch with the OF wind-up lingo these days. What the hell is a 'tarrier'? Im assuming it's some kind of derogatory term for a Catholic?

In a similar vein, where does the 'h' word come from in reference to Rangers fans/Protestants? And why do some celtic fans call them 'war dodgers'?

It depresses me that I'm asking these questions. sad.gif

Noun: tarrier (plural tarriers)

• A layabout or loiterer; Someone who tarries.
  • (slang, derogatory, UK, ethnic slur) A Roman Catholic of Northern Ireland or Scotland

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tarrier

Personally I'd always thought it was a synonym for "tink". I've learnt something today

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

The lack of news about the tax dodgers today has dented my faith in the P&B family. Surely if nothing is happening, then in the spirit of the Scottish sports media, we can just make things up.

Kyle Laffertys a fud....

Oh wait, I aint got the gist of this have I...I am meant to make stuff up not state the truth..:lol:

Could be. Or maybe we'll be the best-supported team as we were over the three seasons right before Souness arrived. :P

You can talk history all you like . The team that you follow ( if you're very very lucky ) next season will have no history at all . No past glories to gloat about and certainly no reason to spout your bigoted bile in the name of tradition !!

Good luck East Stirling 2013 !!! ;)

Rangers will take the first steps to liquidation tomorrow

No they wont. It isn't going to go that far. nobody believes it. Sadly my twitter feed has been riddled with Celtic fans foaming at the mouth about this 'charity' game and that Rangers will liquidate.

Sadly we are going to have weeks of this. tit for tat shite.

With regard to the "Charity match" the biggest irony of the whole thing is the Rangers team will in the majority be made up of players who have been paid via EBT's, possibly managed by someone who was paid via EBT's

Up until Now Smith had been very very quiet on the whole thing. Does the phrase "Walter knew" spring to mind and he is in some way as responsible for the mess as is Murray and Whyte.

Now if some of these former players loved the club as much as they say they do then could they not give some of this money back to Rangers?

If they make it to the end of March it will be so funny to watch the supporters turn up to watch the players who's greed got them into this mess doing their bit to help Rangers.

This is rubbish. Nothing on Scotland Tonight, nothing on Newsnight Scotland, not even Jim Traynor talking out of his arse.

Puzzling.

Which could mean for all we know Rangers have been put into liquidation and all their mates in the media have promptly topped themselves!

Come to think of it, when was the last time anyone saw Chick Young? :huh:

As some will know there is an alternative take on the EBTs and the BTC which could still be won by Rangers.

EBTs have been used by over 5,000 businesses in the UK and some english clubs until they became illegal in December 2010.

At the FTT, Rangers argued that the EBTs were correctly administered and that the club met all their legal responsibilities and complied with all tax laws.

They weren't as has been suggested written into the players' contracts of employment. They were totally separate and administered offshore in Guernsey. The letters to players referred to by the Sun (and which SFA would have had to rightly investigate if they amounted to a contract of which they were not aware) may not exist. The Sun getting a story wrong?

Edited by MacWatt