Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Its unlikely they would have been paid in that way though. More likely just a lump sum each month/quarter.

I think the letter in the Sun specifed amounts after every appearance, and a lump sum. If it was genuine and typical, it may amount to an additional playing contract. I guess there is a legal argument to be had there.

I think the letter in the Sun specifed amounts after every appearance, and a lump sum. If it was genuine and typical, it may amount to an additional playing contract. I guess there is a legal argument to be had there.

Yeah, but its unlikely the actual deposits of money were made after every appearance, which is what Jussy was suggesting.

Yeah, but its unlikely the actual deposits of money were made after every appearance, which is what Jussy was suggesting.

It was indeed, I'd forgotten about the wording in the Sun letter suggesting they'd be paid every six months or year. I wonder if it would be possible for them to figure out exactly what was going on by simple division. If a player played once in a season and got his payment at the end of the year then they have a base figure to go off. Though it's unlikely someone so far from the first team would have had an EBT I suppose and it would be dependent on all the players having a very similar amount stipulated in their "contract". Into the realms of circumstantial evidence I'd have thought. Nevertheless, I retain my faith in HMRC to do the right thing and destroy the b*****ds.

The Department of Health have today issued health warnings across Scotland because of severe diarrhoea as a result of Jelly & Ice Cream overdose, popcorn induced blockages in the colon, Kia Ora provoked acid reflux, muscle damage brought about by prolonged hysterical laughter & thigh slapping and RSI caused by overindulging in high fiving.

Fainting and dizzy spells are now adding to the list of ailments as a result of waiting with baited breath for any kind of news from the slow-as-shit administration process.

A spokesman for the DoH said, “Still, it’s worth it, eh?”

I'm sick of these sob stories for these hard done by millionaires in the paper.

WIELD THE FUCKING AXE

Exactly!

If they are any good they'll get a club no bother.

I bet the likes of McCulloch,Whittaker,Healy and Laugherty are shitting themselves at the though of finding a new team that are daft enough to pay them 10k a week.

No-one disputes that EBTs were a perfectly legal way to manage one's affairs prior to 2010 - if they were run properly. The question is, did Rangers run them properly. That's what the case is about - if they were run improperly, then they're not legal and therefore not a legitimate form of tax planning.

As a slight aside - EBT's are still legal. All our companies use them. We just use them legally and in the U.K. - not illegally and offshore for tax avoidance.

Unfortunately this whole affair gives the ebt structure a bad name it does not need nor deserve.

The greedy always screw it up. :(

As a slight aside - EBT's are still legal. All our companies use them. We just use them legally and in the U.K. - not illegally and offshore for tax avoidance.

Unfortunately this whole affair gives the ebt structure a bad name it does not need nor deserve.

The greedy always screw it up. :(

I would get a second opinion on that given the changes that came in on 9 December 2010.

FFS, much as I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread, I find I'm opening it up expectantly to read any new post only to be a bit disappointed that it isn't confirming the news we all crave.

This sense of disappointment comes a close second to that which I've been experiencing today each time I receive a text message and it isn't the anticipated proposal of marriage from Natalie Imbruglia :(

1330520803[/url]' post='6012866']

FFS, much as I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread, I find I'm opening it up expectantly to read any new post only to be a bit disappointed that it isn't confirming the news we all crave.

This sense of disappointment comes a close second to that which I've been experiencing today each time I receive a text message and it isn't the anticipated proposal of marriage from Natalie Imbruglia :(

Well, I opened the thread expecting the same and all I saw was this post.

I would get a second opinion on that given the changes that came in on 9 December 2010.

We hold majority shareholdings in the EBT to avoid individuals/ small groups becoming too powerful and abusing their power.

We don't pay salaries, bonuses etc through them, just use them as counter-weights to mis-use of power and influence. The EBT trustees can use their vote where they see decision making in the company not in the best interest of the beneficiaries (employees). We are therefore OK.

Ironically, used properly, Rangers could have avoided all this with a similar structure and strong trustees.

It's the future for clubs who don't hold outrageous & not-achievable European ambitions, but wish to compete in a well-structured, equitable , competitive domestic league only.

The Courier saying this morning that United have had assurances from the administrators over ticket money for the forthcoming game at Tannadice on March 17th.

United will receive most of the cash before the match, with the balance being paid from the administrators own bank 72 hours later. A similar offer will apply to Motherwell for their game against Rangers March 31st.

read that in the courier today as well, but no comment on the monies due from the cup game at Ibrox though

You must be feeling Torn over all that.

HMRC has litigated twice on the taxability of loans from EBTs and lost on both occasions. The courts have essentially ruled that EBTs were a legitimate form of tax planning prior to HMRC's clampdown in December 2010.

Bless, straight from the school of thought that had Craig Whyte being the financial world's equivalent of Machiavelli, conning the taxman for the good of Rangers just a fortnight ago on this same thread.

Eventually people will come round to the evidence that Rangers don't have a clue what they're doing, and have been utterly incompetent over the past decade. Their come-uppance in financial terms will not be avoided.

Edited by vikingTON