Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The juniors would NOT want them. .I am sure there is some Glasgow league suitable. Stick them somewhere in your SFA pyramid, which of course the juniors do not participate in, nor intend to

Why not? Because the senior game is riddled with corruption.

or maybe because Junior clubs are more than happy living in there own wee bubble also.

If Green and Haudit & Daudit had any faith in getting Rangers out of this alive they would be issuing season ticket renewals as well as CVA proposals this coming week, time is tight.

I don't expect the Royal Mail collections from Ibrox to be too busy in the next few days

Has everyone else set their prices and launched their tickets.

St Johnstone have not sent anything out yet. At first I thought it was because they were waiting on the cup final re Europe but 8 days on there has still not been an announcement from Saints.

Right, I'm off to France for two weeks and I'm not taking the laptop with me.

Please please please let them be dead by the time I return.

I would dread having to catch up on a fortnights worth of this thread!!

Given one of the biggest senior clubs had their (EBT) brown envelopes, I would be cautious about accusing junior clubs of anything underhand.

I could name half a dozen senior clubs who do the cash in hand (double contracts). One run by drugs money, one by a convicted fraudster, couple by guys who have had their own companies in administration(s).....not to mention the shadow directors, who legally can't be there but still run the club.

Junior clubs answer to their supporters who for usually a pound a year own their own club. And at AGMs they turn up and ask what they want and vote in who they want to run the club.

It is called democracy. Senior clubs in Scotland do not do democracy.

So are we talking about Rangers doing the same thing in 5 parallel universes?

How come no-one has done one of those Hitler speech video things regarding the Orcs' current situation ?

Adolf would never be associated with such a bigoted, nasty, club as The Rangers. Plus he was too small to be seen above the level of an Orc and far too eloquent a speaker. Even in German. Not even a nazi would want to be associated with such a bunch of horrible horrible Peepul.

Heinrich Himmler on the other hand.......

I'm not worried about the SPL having a 2 down policy at all. I've said before that I think there should be a play-off.

I'm blaming the SFL fans for throwing stones when they live in a glass house. If they want to criticise the SPL's relegation places, they should also do what you have done and acknowledge the issue in their own league.

Is this not a total irrelevance on this thread? I am sure there is a one somewhere for pyramids, promotion, relegation, SFL, Killie stuff, how an egotistical lawyer owner can screw a club, but let's keep on topic here - it is called "The Big Rangers in Administration". .

Oh, so close, although that is transfer fees they list, not the actual money spent on players which includes wages, however if that is actually what you meant then fair enough. It's not how I read what you wrote but that's just one of those things about ambiguous statements on forums.

Edit: That page does throw up an interesting statistic, and one relevant to the topic..

Balance of transfer spend over five years

Aberdeen ... £900,000

Celtic ... £177,000

Dundee Utd ... £1,109,900

Dunfermline ... £208,040

Hearts ... £11,123,000

Hibernian ... £14,828,000

Inverness ... £679,000

Kilmarnock ... £2,518,000

Motherwell ... £2,780,000

Rangers ... -£13,135,000

St Johnstone ... -£39,560

St Mirren ... £375,600

It's pretty incredible that Hibs have done the best out of all the SPL clubs. OK, they did sell almost a whole team but it just goes to show. However the statistic that really sticks out is Rangers who managed to lose £13m in terms of players in and out. Maybe it's just typical of the OF you say? Well no, Celtic more or less break even.

Edited by Ric

Is this not a total irrelevance on this thread? I am sure there is a one somewhere for pyramids, promotion, relegation, SFL, Killie stuff, how an egotistical lawyer owner can screw a club, but let's keep on topic here - it is called "The Big Rangers in Administration". .

the diddies are all onside against rangers but we have our own real concerns as well

Current SPL 12 plus Ross County

Former SPL clubs - Hamilton, Falkirk, Dundee, Partick Thistle and Livingston

Airdrie Utd, Queens Park and Raith Rovers also meet the SPL regs. Dunno if any others do.

We meet the seating quota, but don't have the ridiculous requirement for undersoil heating.

To bring things back on topic, I was searching the UEFA rules to find something to shut up a deluded Celtic fan on Twitter who was talking about them moving to the Eredivisie.

While I was there, I found this little bit (Article 51.3). Not sure I've seen it on here yet.

"Altering the legal form or company structure of a club to facilitate its qualification on sporting merit and/or its receipt of a licence for a domestic league championship, to the detriment of the integrity of a sports competition, is prohibited. This includes, for example, changing the headquarters, changing the name or transferring stakeholdings between different clubs. Prohibitive decisions must be able to be examined by the Member Association’s body of appeal."

Would I be wrong in saying that would apply to a newco Rangers?

To bring things back on topic, I was searching the UEFA rules to find something to shut up a deluded Celtic fan on Twitter who was talking about them moving to the Eredivisie.

While I was there, I found this little bit (Article 51.3). Not sure I've seen it on here yet.

"Altering the legal form or company structure of a club to facilitate its qualification on sporting merit and/or its receipt of a licence for a domestic league championship, to the detriment of the integrity of a sports competition, is prohibited. This includes, for example, changing the headquarters, changing the name or transferring stakeholdings between different clubs. Prohibitive decisions must be able to be examined by the Member Association’s body of appeal."

Would I be wrong in saying that would apply to a newco Rangers?

Think so. First sentence makes it look that way. No doubt there's an out somewhere.

no chance! That has to be somebody at the windup (or the SFA actually touching their toes)

claiming you don't need to be an SFA licence holder or even member to compete in the SPL or even the Scottish Cup?

I call shennanigans!