Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1) 18 million worth of PAYE not paid.

2) Debt owed to Hearts, Celtic, Dundee Utd, Rapid Vienna amongst others;

3) Four years of season tickets sold off to Ticketus;

4) Trying to sign players whilst in administration (Daniel Cousin anyone);

5) An administration that saw the redundancy of ZERO employees;

6) A transfer ban, subsequently appealed through the courts;

7) The interest of FIFA in the matter;

8) A war correspondent from C4 becoming deeply involved;

9) An American bidder who was run out of town;

10) McCoist publicly having names of disciplinary committees published so the Rangers mob could try and run them out of town;

11) a CVA proposal offering pennies in the Pound, while the bidder was talking about a 30million transfer budget, signing players from the Euro's and now Rino Gattuso was set to sign (despite a transfer ban and being in administration;

12) the CVA proposal saying all season ticket money and player sales would go to Green, and not the creditors;

13) The SPL allowing a Newco Rangers to have a vote on whether they get into the SPL or not!

14) NOT ONE HINT OF AN APOLOGY FROM ANY RANGERS FAN, SUPPORTER, FORMER DIRECTOR OR PLAYER.

Please Do the right thing. Integrity is more important than money.

Thanks for taking the time to read my letter.

Kind Regards

belfastsaintee

ps COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!

Belfast saintee - Im a rangers fan. If I need to apologise to anyone on behalf of the club its because of the PAYE that wasnt paid from May 2011 onwards. Craig Whyte and any others involved in that tax evasion should be hung by the balls. David Murrays tax loophole scheme ( scam?) from 2001 onwards is still innocent until proven guilty. I cant be arsed explaining tax avoidance loopholes but if you think any business doesnt or shouldnt pay as much tax as they need to and shouldnt or dont use loopholes then you must have a zip up the back of your head. Topshop chairman ( also Mr Green) , Bono and U2, and anyone that keeps savings in an ISA instead of a normal bank account. They are all examples of tax avoidance. Not saying its right at all but thats the way the world works, and Mr Murrays EBT method was an extreme example of this

Also, there are Rangers fans who have staged fundraising events to pay the debts to local business who were creditors to rangers. That was on channel 4 news recently, for example that glassware company in east kilbride who made a small trophy for Davie Weir and never got paid by Whyte. Plenty of decent rangers fans and supporters are ashamed of the club owing money to people like that and the debt to Dunfermline. The fighting fund raised thousands of pounds and personally gave a cheque to the pars out of sheer embarrassment that they never got money.

Also, Im sure what ive saidf has been debated a thousand times before on here so apologies. I just joined this website to see if anyone else is swapping euro 2012 stickers and its lunchtime and felt the need to respond to some unjustified bile#

anyone got the euro 2102 panini album and want to swap doublers. Ive posted on that thread

I know this was posted many,many posts ago,but i have to say that i actually have full respect for you No8.I know we have been giving you a lot of stick,some more than others as well :lol: but you have taken it all on the chin.I appreciate you will be angry and upset,it's not easy watching the club you love and have followed die,i should know as i watched mine do this also.

Difference with you is that you are not taking it out on everyone else,blaming them for the mess your club has got itself into.You know your club is too blame...i correct myself...you know the people who ran you're club are too blame,and the only people who are actually suffering are the genuine fans like you.

Wait till he's been on the Buckie.. laugh.gif

Airdrie United *is* the continuation of the old Clydebank - a renaming of an existing company. There's nothing unclear about that and Airdrie United's history (as far as the SFA goes) reflects the fact

NewCo *Isn't* the continuation of the old Rangers. Old Rangers are being lowered into the coffin and soon will not exist. The history is an intangible asset and the jury is out on whether it will be transferred under these entirely different conditions

Celtic should make a bid for the history, would be hugely funny.

But you could form a new company to take over and restructure your club without an insolvency event taking place. The company that owns the club is irrelevant as far as history goes, what matters is what honours are lodged against what SFA member. As long as the SFA membership is the same the club is the same, simples.

The SFA membership won't be the same though. NewCo will need to re-apply - Green has admitted as much. Had the membership been transferred in any other way (as part of a CVA, for example, see Leeds Utd) then I would fully agree with you. But in this case it hasn't - it will go with Rangers.

This history line is all in the mind.

Non-Rangers fans can taunt them with it, but they'll hang on to it in their minds. Each to his own, and I don't really care either way.

What I want to see is Rangers punished, and suffer. If they weren't so arrogant, they'd get some sympathy. Well, maybe not.

Come on, missed SSN yesterday. Need to see an Andy Goram clip. Even hear one. Or any Rangers fan in distress!

I said earlier that Goram looked like an alcoholic down n out - I fear the poor bloke was kipping at the Ibroke gates last night. Maybe Green knows McGregor is cheerio and Andy thinks he could be keeper again.

Oh I agree absolutely! The rules must be kept to. No exceptions. Thats why I don't buy into the KILL THEM, KILL THEM ALL hysteria. When Airdrie were liquidated, before buying Clydebank, they applied to join the SFL, and put in an offer like the other teams. The SFL voted not to let them in. In all honesty, I think Rangers can demonstrate they bring far more to the league than anyone else who will apply, and if Airdrie could apply, then why not Rangers?

Indeed.

Rangers should be treated no more harshly or leniently than other clubs. They aren't a special case. Yes, they dodged taxes, but as far as I'm concerned that sort of issue has nothing to do with football on its own. Going into admin and subsequently liquidation does though (since it is a form of financial doping - helping Rangers at the expense of other clubs) But they are hardly the first football club to do either of these things.

The SFA got their fingers burnt with the transfer ban, which was illegal - since it was not specified as a possible punishment. Circumstances have perhaps now overshadowed that situation but the danger remains clear. Blindly pandering to the baying mobs of the majority of non-rangers fans should not be the default position.

I've been simplifying where we now are for my pal, let's call him 'Ally'. He wants transparency. I've aimed for 5 'transparents', and 5 'unknowns'

Transparent: the Rangers fans saying 'put us in Division 3',as they would toil against Celtic in the spl no matter what happens now.

Transparent: Green's anger over HMRC, he always wanted anewco situation which he could sell on in a short period of time.

Transparent: journalist cheerleaders such as Traynor, formerRangers players such as Goram, all predicting the death of Scottish football.It's Rangers FC which has died.

Transparent: Rangers FC were running a double contractsystem contrary to the rules of the competition they agreed to be part of, andcompromising sporting integrity.

Transparent: this affair has dragged on, and been allowed todrag on, on purpose. The hope is that this has the effect of diluting fans'opinions in the event of a newRangers being in the spl, especially as the startof season 2012-13 gets closer.

Opaque: whether Green will walk away?

Opaque: the replacement penalty to be decided by SFAindependent tribunal?

Opaque: spl decision regarding admittance of newRangers?

Opaque: what Doncaster/Topping et al will do about thedouble contract system?

Opaque: what more is to emerge (I reckon a lot more)? And who will be charged?

Feel free to alter/dismiss/offer further guidance to 'Ally'.

2l9pitc.jpg

OK. So do you consider Clydebank's history to continue onto Airdrie United. Should honours won by Clydebank be allowed in the Airdrie United trophy case?

If the answer is yes then you also must surely recognise that new Rangers would be entitled to the honours of old Rangers since they will be the same club under the same SFA membership.

Companies don't win honours and have histories clubs do. And clubs are administered by the SFA and not some number at company's house.

Ok,

So by the same logic, if Gala Fairydean apply for the league spot and get it, they would then assume the history of Rangers FC(Decd) as they would be taking on the SFA membership registration that is being made available thanks to the death of Rangers?

David Murrays tax loophole scheme ( scam?) from 2001 onwards is still innocent until proven guilty.

HRMC have already found them guilty for misusing EBTs. It's the appeal that Rangers made against their punishment that is still being decided on by the tribunal.

ICT statement:

"It is never good to see a Scottish club going into liquidation and it is a pity that Rangers have come to such a position," said Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron.

"As to what happens now at SPL level, as far as our own club is concerned, this is a time to consult and to take stock.

"In the first instance we will sit down as a board and consider what the various potential outcomes are and how the different scenarios may play out.

"Following that, we will be consulting with our fans through our Supporters Trust, as we have done previously on many occasions.

"I would expect the SPL to call a meeting of all the clubs very shortly to appraise us of the current position.

"At our last all club meeting we were virtually assured by the administrators that liquidation was not on their radar following discussions with the leading creditors, but as we now know this was not the case.

"This is not a time for snap judgments or rushed quotes on the issue. We will consider our position and listen to our supporters once the picture becomes clearer.

"Any speculation by certain parties as to how Caley Thistle may or may not vote on a NEWCO is purely that and we find it strange that some seem to know how the club would vote under certain circumstances. They must have a crystal ball."

Get more emails/letters into Chairman telling him to vote "no newco parachute" please! ;)

But you could form a new company to take over and restructure your club without an insolvency event taking place. The company that owns the club is irrelevant as far as history goes, what matters is what honours are lodged against what SFA member. As long as the SFA membership is the same the club is the same, simples.

Wrong, the SFA set a precedent by taking Rangers the club to task for the actions of Craig Whyte the company chairman, stating then that the club are the same as the company.

Rangers themselves tried, in vain, to argue this point saying that the club should not be punished for the actions of the company's chairman who was no longer at the club.

Edited by stonedsailor

Wait till he's been on the Buckie.. laugh.gif

I was a strictly Eldorado man in my younger days. The best thing to come out of Greenock except for the M898.

Anyway cheers Forever Diamond.

Tattoo removal sales to rocket this summer with all the h**s getting their stars removed :lol: .

Meanwhile sales of Ranjurs new tap rocketed - eBay is quoted as saying "This item is hotter than a Third Lanark strip, get it while you can"

Settle.

Rangers are never going to be "killed" or "deleted". They literally are too big a club for that. There will always be a Rangers in one form or another. Plus the SPL might not need Rangers (it doesn't), but Scottish football as a whole would be poorer without Rangers (I am NOT saying it wouldn't survive), purely because of the number of fans they have. We can't have TOO many fans lost to the game altogether. If all of these people drift off and start watching the EPL (as neutrals, the EPL is obviously where all the better players are), then it will get even more media coverage. On one hand sporting integrity must be maintained (hence my opposition to Rangers in the SPL), and bringing them in at the very bottom of the SFL ladder allows sporting integrity to be maintained, without losing too many fans to the Scottish game, but on the other hand, we need to have a bit of perspective and get over this gleeful desire to see them obliterated from the game altogether.

Dearie me. Still in denial. once more, slowly, watch my lips.....

RANGERS ARE DEAD. They are going to be liquidated. End of story. No matter what the apologists try to convince themselves of, the stain has been removed from our game. Anything Hughie (or anybody else) salvages from the rubble will NOT be rangers, will have NO history, NO right to play in the SPL, NO right to queue-jump over clubs who have run within their means to enter Div 3. This is the message that we must all promulgate throughout our days - emails to clubs, letters to the press, supporters' trust statements, even putting the fat orc in the local off his Monster Munch:

RANGERS NO LONGER EXIST. ANY ATTEMPT TO RESURRECT THEM AS THE BIGOTED, HATE-FILLED ENTITY THEY HAVE PROVED TO BE SHOULD BE RESISTED AT ALL TURNS. SCOTLAND IS A BETTER COUNTRY WITHOUT THEM. THEY THEMSELVES SAID THIS TWO YEARS AGO, WHY SHOULD WE DOUBT THEM?

If the SFL or, God forbid, the SPL re-admit these scum, it would only be acceptable on one condition: One instance of sectarianism or bigotry and you're out. No appeals, no negotiation. End of. Let's see those "decent" rangers fans try to keep the lid on that.