Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Did you not hear? The Rangers died yesterday.

Heard something but was also told that there will be a club known as Rangers playing in Scottish football next season. Only question is,SPL or SFL. Whichever it is Rangers will still be a significant part of Scottish football. That is the reality.

Don't metion Erkine Bridge - you'll feel guilty afterwards! No8., can RFFFFFFFFFF buy yez all TomToms?

No, I won't. The staff at the Glen Lusset Steakhouse under the north side of the bridge had a sweep going, using the parking bays in the car park and if a jumper landed in your space, you collected the pot. Now that should be a guilt trip.

Oh aye? You're apparently an East Fife fan. Do you like it when people repeatedly ask you "aye, but what is your real team?". Why should I have to take abuse off you just because I disagree slightly with your hysteric and overboard point of view?

hahahaha - re-read, I'm not hysteric, Ranjurs dying is fun idea, questioning others' "big team" is a joke - what is your Lodge number?

New Club, new history. You definitely aren't the same team. I'm sure Airdrie United fans have fond memories of their 1976 Second Division title. ;)

I don't know what the definitive answer is in the Airdrie Utd/Clydebank history debate but the Sky Sports book, formerly the Rothmans, has Airdrie United's history starting in 2002 and no Clydebank honours carried over.

3 years ago...

Rangers on brink of move to Atlantic league. Walter was quoted as saying it would result increased gates.

http://www.heraldsco...-smith-1.926500

Although now, it doesn't suit, Scottish football needs Rangers?

GTF!

I think you are all missing the point on this one. The difference is, in the Atlantic league case, both Rangers and Celtic would be leaving the SPL, making the SPL a competitive league. In the current scenario it would only be Rangers leaving the SPL and the remaining competition may as well be handed to Celtic before it starts.

The other difference if you had read the article is that in the event of an Atlantic league both Rangers and Celtic would have left a second string side in Scotland. Meaning the reduced revenues of the SPL would be mitigated.

Live Rangers Live.

hahahaha - re-read, I'm not hysteric, Ranjurs dying is fun idea, questioning others' "big team" is a joke - what is your Lodge number?

What?

Go back and read that "KILL THEM, BURN THEM, DON'T EVEN CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION THEY ARE DEAD DEAD DEAD AND NEVER COMING BACK" shite that some of you are coming out with. Even as someone who wanted to see those nails hammered in, its embarrassing.

I don't know what the definitive answer is in the Airdrie Utd/Clydebank history debate but the Sky Sports book, formerly the Rothmans, has Airdrie United's history starting in 2002 and no Clydebank honours carried over.

The SFL website has Airdrie United founded in 1965. Airdrie United *is* Clydebank renamed.

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/club/airdrie-united/

1339588671[/url]' post='6330854']

I have not read every post since yesterday, so apologies if I'm covering old ground.

I do not understand why Green&Co are getting the business for 5.5M.

I would have thought that BDO should take over and flog all the assets for as much as they can get.

Surely more than 5.5M?

What happened to the idea that the administrators first duty was to the creditors?

Still something not right here.

The valuation seems low from the outside but it's probably capable of bing justified. First, the valuations on Rangers' books for Ibrox etc. are irrelevant - they aren't required to value them at liquidation auction prices and you would expect that to much lower. Second, The real assets are restricted in various ways a) Ibrox has a listed facade and some talk of enviromental issues, b) Murray Park is limited to sporting use by planning. Third, the real assets are in a grim area and things have changed since the financial crisis as far as funding for real estate speculation. Fourth, football assets are strange -- Ibrox is of great value as a sporting venue but with Glasgow filled with decent stadia tenants are scarce and it's not a particularly good venue for concerts, etc. The intellectual property is essentially worthless unless Rangers are playing as I doubt Rangers candy bars or RFC hip-hop apparel would sell. Fifth, despite the manifest failure of the Bears boycott threats anybody buying a chunk of Rangers as part of a transaction that killed the club could expect some backlash from the fans.

The bottom line (pardon the phrase) is that Rangers have been in the shop window for years, in administration since February and in potential liquidation mode for at least a month. If someone really thought Ibrox would make a good place for a Tesco or thought a Highbury style flat conversion would work they would have shown their hand by now. If Glasgow Warriors wanted to gamble on a ground share they would have made that clear by now. And despite all the second guessing of H&D most people would agree that they tried (perhaps to a fault) to identify going concern bidders and Green was the best they found. The market has had a pretty good chance to value Rangers and Rangers are, in the eyes of the market, worth substantially less than Aidan McGeady.

Given the running costs for Rangers assets and extending the time to find potential buyers I'm not sure HMRC, Ticketus etc. would want to do so even if they had the option.

I wouldn't rule out the liquidator looking over the independent valuations H&D got and maybe a bidder will appear for something like iMurray Park or a fortified wine maker will bid for the name and crest to throw a spanner in the works, but I'm not sure this is as shady as it may appear on first glance. Rangers are just objectively worth less than Aidan McGeady (God I love pointing that out)

Aye and, if anybody here isn't banned from RM it would be good there too.

OK, it's on there. Thread entitled SPL or 3rd division.

I'll check back later and see if I've been outed as an Eastender.

Edited by Happy Buddie

What?

Go back and read that "KILL THEM, BURN THEM, DON'T EVEN CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION THEY ARE DEAD DEAD DEAD AND NEVER COMING BACK" shite that some of you are coming out with. Even as someone who wanted to see those nails hammered in, its embarrassing.

Can you quote the post where I said that bitte - I must have been drunk. I'm a realist and think new Ranjurs will be in SPL next season, albeit heavily penalised. It is nonetheless fun to take the pish.

Just thought, when was the last time a bottom six club wrote a letter along the following lines?

Dear Mr Doncaster,

Regarding the set up of the upcoming fixture list which will shortly be generated, I offer this plea: The money generated by Rangers visiting our ground makes up a large part of our income and therefore is essential for our club. As we are bookies favourites to finish in the bottom six again this season, I beg you to make sure that two of our three games against Rangers are played at our stadium and not at Ibrox. The large visiting support is absolutely essential for our club remaining solvent and without this extra source of revenue, we will fail to attract quality players to our club, increasing the quality of the product that is the SPL.

I know that you will make this so and not let our historic club die.

Kind regards

(insert chairman's name)

I think you are all missing the point on this one. The difference is, in the Atlantic league case, both Rangers and Celtic would be leaving the SPL, making the SPL a competitive league. In the current scenario it would only be Rangers leaving the SPL and the remaining competition may as well be handed to Celtic before it starts.

The other difference if you had read the article is that in the event of an Atlantic league both Rangers and Celtic would have left a second string side in Scotland. Meaning the reduced revenues of the SPL would be mitigated.

Live Rangers Live.

They're all heart

Both Dundee and Falkirk applied ages ago, just in case County collapsed or Rangers died. It's a standard bureaucratic procedure..

Just to clarify a point if it hasn't been done in a new page that will have opened before I write this. It is necessary for all div 1 clubs who have a chance of promotion to make application to SPL by 15th March. As league doesn't finish till May then it is normal for those with a chance of winning league to submit application. Falkirk, Dundee and Ross County will all have applied for membership of the SPL to replace the relegated team.

Can you quote the post where I said that bitte - I must have been drunk. I'm a realist and think new Ranjurs will be in SPL next season, albeit heavily penalised. It is nonetheless fun to take the pish.

You're not the only one to take that line, we only have to go back one page to see that post from someone else (a Killie fan I think) who more or less said that, and you're not the only one I'm criticising here. I've said it before though, if Rangers are in the SPL next season then I'm done with Scottish football altogether.

I have not read every post since yesterday, so apologies if I'm covering old ground.

I do not understand why Green&Co are getting the business for 5.5M.

I would have thought that BDO should take over and flog all the assets for as much as they can get.

Surely more than 5.5M?

What happened to the idea that the administrators first duty was to the creditors?

Still something not right here.

Just saw the lunchtime news. BDO may well have something up their sleeves. Heh heh.