Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This history line is all in the mind.

Non-Rangers fans can taunt them with it, but they'll hang on to it in their minds. Each to his own, and I don't really care either way.

What I want to see is Rangers punished, and suffer. If they weren't so arrogant, they'd get some sympathy. Well, maybe not.

Come on, missed SSN yesterday. Need to see an Andy Goram clip. Even hear one. Or any Rangers fan in distress!

Fair enough, I can see where you are coming from - in some ways, the way you put it does sound reasonably positive. It's certainly all possible but depends on a number of factors going their way - not least the assumption that the sfl are effectively willing to forfeit a promotion place in order to have rangers there.

It is vital Rangers are treated as per the letter of the law, as set out in the SFA and SPL rule book. If the punishments are not felt severe enough then tough, tighten the laws for future situations. Otherwise, messy legal challenges are there which can threaten the whole of scottish football. Making up ad hoc punishments is not the way to go imo. We, as diddy fans, cannot scream for maintaining the integrity of the SPL and Scottish football then in same breath demand entirely made up punishments. Unless no provision is made for newcos - in which case all bets are off and just f**k rangers royally.

Oh I agree absolutely! The rules must be kept to. No exceptions. Thats why I don't buy into the KILL THEM, KILL THEM ALL hysteria. When Airdrie were liquidated, before buying Clydebank, they applied to join the SFL, and put in an offer like the other teams. The SFL voted not to let them in. In all honesty, I think Rangers can demonstrate they bring far more to the league than anyone else who will apply, and if Airdrie could apply, then why not Rangers?

OK. So do you consider Clydebank's history to continue onto Airdrie United. Should honours won by Clydebank be allowed in the Airdrie United trophy case?

If the answer is yes then you also must surely recognise that new Rangers would be entitled to the honours of old Rangers since they will be the same club under the same SFA membership.

Companies don't win honours and have histories clubs do. And clubs are administered by the SFA and not some number at company's house.

Ahem, Naw. We are still fucking here.

1. You'll notice that I SPECIFICALLY said that Scottish football would not die. Yes, some will go to Bayview, but be realistic. If East Fife went under, would you pop along to Raith? If Arbroath went under, I sure as hell wouldn't be going along to Montrose, Brechin, or Forfar games. Given that I live near Stirling now, I might pop along occasionally to see some of the Stirling area teams (Alloa, Shire, Stenny, Albion etc.), but I wouldn't ever become a fan of them. If I was a neutral, I'd probably watch more of the EPL, generally has a better standard of football for the neutral to enjoy.

Money WOULD be lost to the game, as would media coverage. I AM NOT SAYING THAT SCOTTISH FOOTBALL WOULD DIE (capitalised so you notice), but it would get a bit less attention, and be a bit poorer for it.

Nope, I wouldn't pop along to Starks Park - and some money WILL INDEED go out of the game. But hell, the money is still there - hasn't disappeared to an offshore EBT account. Are you unwilling to pay the price of Ranjurs deid? Should we all just call it quits and let them bash on?

BelfastSaintee, you forgot to add in "bidding" for Sandaza saying they'd pay money over time when they were well aware that they had no such intentions. dry.gif

just shows you how badly rangers have been when i list all their sins and forget the fact they unsettled the best striker we have had since ebt billy dodds !! ph34r.gif

What does the DEATH :rolleyes: of RFC mean for the likes of Goram, Hately, etc with their ghost-written rag columns/ nae mair of their inane shite? Ya beauty, ya dirty wee dancer :lol: .

Aw naw, no more "Craig Conway will set up loads of goals for David Goodwillie at Rangers next season". How will we cope without the oracle?:lol:

Goram will be fine, soup kitchens don't turn you away, no matter how much of a fud you are.

ICT statement:

"It is never good to see a Scottish club going into liquidation and it is a pity that Rangers have come to such a position," said Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron.

"As to what happens now at SPL level, as far as our own club is concerned, this is a time to consult and to take stock.

"In the first instance we will sit down as a board and consider what the various potential outcomes are and how the different scenarios may play out.

"Following that, we will be consulting with our fans through our Supporters Trust, as we have done previously on many occasions.

"I would expect the SPL to call a meeting of all the clubs very shortly to appraise us of the current position.

"At our last all club meeting we were virtually assured by the administrators that liquidation was not on their radar following discussions with the leading creditors, but as we now know this was not the case.

"This is not a time for snap judgments or rushed quotes on the issue. We will consider our position and listen to our supporters once the picture becomes clearer.

"Any speculation by certain parties as to how Caley Thistle may or may not vote on a NEWCO is purely that and we find it strange that some seem to know how the club would vote under certain circumstances. They must have a crystal ball."

When you say 'develop it into' I assume you mean 'keep it as'?

Well, in a manner of speaking, yes. But it should be deep-cleaned at the very least, as the homeless disenfranchised and destitute have some rights (not to mention standards), after all.

OK. So do you consider Clydebank's history to continue onto Airdrie United. Should honours won by Clydebank be allowed in the Airdrie United trophy case?

If the answer is yes then you also must surely recognise that new Rangers would be entitled to the honours of old Rangers since they will be the same club under the same SFA membership.

Companies don't win honours and have histories clubs do. And clubs are administered by the SFA and not some number at company's house.

Airdrie United *is* the continuation of the old Clydebank - a renaming of an existing company. There's nothing unclear about that and Airdrie United's history (as far as the SFA goes) reflects the fact

NewCo *Isn't* the continuation of the old Rangers. Old Rangers are being lowered into the coffin and soon will not exist. The history is an intangible asset and the jury is out on whether it will be transferred under these entirely different conditions

ICT statement:

"It is never good to see a Scottish club going into liquidation and it is a pity that Rangers have come to such a position," said Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron.

"As to what happens now at SPL level, as far as our own club is concerned, this is a time to consult and to take stock.

"In the first instance we will sit down as a board and consider what the various potential outcomes are and how the different scenarios may play out.

"Following that, we will be consulting with our fans through our Supporters Trust, as we have done previously on many occasions.

"I would expect the SPL to call a meeting of all the clubs very shortly to appraise us of the current position.

"At our last all club meeting we were virtually assured by the administrators that liquidation was not on their radar following discussions with the leading creditors, but as we now know this was not the case.

"This is not a time for snap judgments or rushed quotes on the issue. We will consider our position and listen to our supporters once the picture becomes clearer.

"Any speculation by certain parties as to how Caley Thistle may or may not vote on a NEWCO is purely that and we find it strange that some seem to know how the club would vote under certain circumstances. They must have a crystal ball."

Like it. Sounds like they are skeptical of Zombie Rangers and Traynor et als Crystal Baws. Good start 8)

No it wont and Rangers wont die without you so on you go...Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

f**k Off back to Rangers Media or wherever else you came from and continue to blame the taxman for wanting the money he is owed...Blame the SPL chairman for not voting us back in even though you all vowed never to darken their doors again or give them another penny...Away and blame the SFA for expecting their clubs to obey the rules of the game and the laws of the land.

The people we should be blaming are those who sat back and did nothing while Whyte and Murray totally destroyed our club and 140 years of unrivalled success. A club founded on the Fleshers Haugh and Glasgow Green by '4 young men' which grew into 1 of the biggest clubs in football. Brought to its knees by a handful of corrupt businessmen.

Never mind eh...Not our fault it was the taxman..Just f**k Off!!!

I know this was posted many,many posts ago,but i have to say that i actually have full respect for you No8.I know we have been giving you a lot of stick,some more than others as well :lol: but you have taken it all on the chin.I appreciate you will be angry and upset,it's not easy watching the club you love and have followed die,i should know as i watched mine do this also.

Difference with you is that you are not taking it out on everyone else,blaming them for the mess your club has got itself into.You know your club is too blame...i correct myself...you know the people who ran your club are too blame,and the only people who are actually suffering are the genuine fans like you.

Edited by Forever Diamond

Aw naw, no more "Craig Conway will set up loads of goals for David Goodwillie at Rangers next season". How will we cope without the oracle?:lol:

Goram will be fine, soup kitchens don't turn you away, no matter how much of a fud you are.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'd imagine he would just put off the other customers.

Airdrie United *is* the continuation of the old Clydebank - a renaming of an existing company. There's nothing unclear about that and Airdrie United's history (as far as the SFA goes) reflects the fact

NewCo *Isn't* the continuation of the old Rangers. Old Rangers are being lowered into the coffin and soon will not exist. The history is an intangible asset and the jury is out on whether it will be transferred under these entirely different conditions

But you could form a new company to take over and restructure your club without an insolvency event taking place. The company that owns the club is irrelevant as far as history goes, what matters is what honours are lodged against what SFA member. As long as the SFA membership is the same the club is the same, simples.