Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sure the SFA could have appealed. I really wish that they did. They may well have won. Call it a 50/50 chance?

What is sinister, though, is why they didn't appeal. Had they appealed they'd have faced FIFA's wrath for using 'the civil courts'. Don't you think that is utterly crap? Why can't Scotland's FA and one of Scotland's football clubs use Scotland's legal resources to decide on a procedural disagreement?

They had no need to occupy the time of courts which could be dealing with more critical matters.

When your club signed up, it agreed to abide by the decisions of the governing body.

Thus far in this sorry mess, they have done their best to wipe their arse on the rulebook.

I hope they get battered finally into their grave with it :)

So when Rangers go to the 3rd division, where's the money going to come from to maintain Ibrox and Murray Park? Can't imagine that season ticket sales will be able to cover it all at SFL prices.

don't forget that the miniscule travelling support of the diddy Div 3 clubs will mean that most of the "away corner" can be signed over to all the new Rangers ST holders who will be showing solidarity with the club and not walking away in their time of crisis - that'll easily make up for the shortfall - there's big money to be made from 50,000 gates against East Stirling, midweek, in February....

Guest Kincardine

The company wasn't restrained in anyway. They were still able to sign new players to work as footballers - they just weren't allowed to register them with the SFA.

The SFA didn't impose the punishment - it was impose and then upheld by two independent panels, each of which contained a judge.

The only thing the legal case proved was that one judge disagreed with the other two.

Then the SFA should have appealed Lord Glennie's decision. Oh wait it can't because that would have incurred FIFA's wrath for being too reasonable.

Serious question - do you think that we were wrong on going to The Court of Session? Do you think it undermines footballing authority?

Im a nurse and a mother.. And find this site full of paedophiles.. Not all.. But definitely some.. I'm a female.. And you have your head in the sand

:lol:

^^^^^^^^^ Tarrier IMO ^^^^^^^^^ :P

HAW HAW you are unbelievably shit at trolling :lol:

Is there any chance you will ever have an alias account that isn't called 'something' bear? :P

Exactly.

P.S. Interesting that Blanco saw the word "Rangers" and his immediate Pavlovian response was to type "f**k Off". Do they learn this shit in the womb ?

I've got my greenies back! Have a Hughie for a pisspoor, antediluvian gag delivered in impeccable style with superb timing.

BTW, Pavlov's dogs? Terriers Tarriers!

1339626833[/url]' post='6333458']

Then the SFA should have appealed Lord Glennie's decision. Oh wait it can't because that would have incurred FIFA's wrath for being too reasonable.

Serious question - do you think that we were wrong on going to The Court of Session? Do you think it undermines footballing authority?

Yes and yes. Whether intentional or not, it came across as two fingers to the rest of Scottish football and a continuation of the 'We arra peepul' attitude. And at a time when your club could have done with all the sympathy and allies it could muster. It shot itself in the foot. Just watch Gilmour's interview after the SPL meeting. I'd imagine that summed up a lot of fan's opinion.

Guest Kincardine

Rangers entered that private club in full knowledge that their contract forbade them from pursuing internal matters of compliance through the courts. It's not like they just ticked a license box on a website to get in. That said, there is no fixed penalty for pursuing matters outside of court, and that is presumably precisely because it is occasionally the right thing to do. On this occasion it was outright counterproductive given the strong indication from the tribunal that the transfer ban was a novel attempt to come up with a severe punishment that fell short of yanking Rangers' membership entirely.

I agree that it looks like being counterproductive.

Don't you think, though, that this 'ma baw ma game' attitude is shite?

As The Hibs fan said earlier, "the SFA rules ostensibly say you can't appeal the tribunal itself, and thus both CAS + CoS were debarred... which in cases where it's SFA itself imposing a punishment means it's not possible to get a hearing off a 3rd party. That, in turn, isn't really very just."

£134mil debt is only 446,666667 irn bru glass cheques, if 40,000 fans took their share of it each then its only 11167 bottles per person or 306 bottles a day each for a year............................................not a lot of folk knew that

Edited by Bloomogganners

To be honest dont give a monkeys.. But anyone on your thread who gets excited by 11 year olds giving birth should be hung.. Its obscene

not really - it's childbirth - entirely natural; you could argue, in this instance, that the act of conception was a bit dubious, mind...

Speaking of getting battered into their grave with the rulebook,

I think Green may just have blown off their other foot with the second barrel:

PFA Scotland chief executive Fraser Wishart said:

“The European Court of Justice ruling in the case of Bosman is authority for the view that professional footballers are workers like anyone else and are entitled to exercise their right to freedom of movement when out of contract. Our legal team considers that legal remedies are open to a player in the event of registration being withheld, including the right to petition the Court of Session for a fast track Judicial Review Hearing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9329513/Rangers-in-crisis-SFA-asks-Fifa-to-rule-on-status-of-newco-players.html

Looks like you'll be using Scotland's legal resources to decide on a procedural disagreement there then 8)

There is a thread on Follow Follow where a poster thinks we should show some humility...3 pages of the usual abuse with this one being my favourite..

'humility ???open yer eyes to whats happening to our club,, those bastids want us dead,, its your fckn attitude thats got us into this fckn mess,, i wouldnt give ANY of them the steam off my shit after this season,,, and im not appologising for anything,,, i want to watch every last one go under one by one. fck that'

Nothing like proving the OPs point :rolleyes: