Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Don't start Mr X. According to him relegating Rangers is a fair punishment as long as the other clubs decide. If Rangers decide to say 'f**k It SFL 3 it is' then it is no punishment at all.

Have i got that correct MrX ?

Who me? :unsure:

Of course it's all been a con, smith and mccoll waiting in the wings is no coincidence. Wouldn't surprise me if Murray is back as well, I mean who the hell sells something for a pound.

Someone who wants rid of £18m worth of debt and sees the possibility of a lot more heading his way?

Sales of companies for £1 are incredibly common

Which is it to be - some folk on here are saying Rangers are dead, they are no more, history is gone, they no longer exist and the newco is a completely new team. Then on the other hand there is outrage that the newco are not inheriting punishments that should be handed out to the 'old' Rangers. Going by the former, why the hell should a newco be punished for something which was carried out by a completely different entity when the newco never even existed!

FFS make up your mind!

As others have said, any transfer of SPL share and SFA membership should mean liability for any punishments too. I said this many, many pages ago when some were saying the newco couldnt inherit the club history.

I dont see the point of that BBC quote, to be honest.

I said in an earlier post that Rangers fans are being brainwashed......once again my friend you are proving to be the exception to that rule.You have proved undoubtedly that you are a true Rangers fan,but also proved that you are not at all happy with what these people are doing at the moment.I just wish there were more bears like you,ones that don't have the blinkers on.

I am fully expectant to see Robert Vaughn and his Hustle buddies taking notes from this ;),as even they couldn't come up with a better hustle like Watty and co are trying to pull off.

Greenie was supplied :D

Every Rangers supporter on P&B is a decent football fan. Maybe that is why we choose to post here and not Rangers Media

Today was the (extended) deadline for audited accounts to be submitted, right ? :unsure:

Good point and I have raised this a couple of times, if club and company are separate entities then the accounts of the club should be passed over to the new company along with the other assets. If the accounts are not transferable then the club itself is not transferable either.

TBF to @BBCchrismclaug, he's also qualified that: #SPL source: Part of newco application for membership could depend on them taking responsibility for possible past transgressions. #Rangers

Anyway, here's that peculiar graphic ("NOT FOOTBALL FANS") from the STV docudrama last evening:

2hfou50.jpg

According to that graphic 32% of Rangers supporters either have no opinion or, presumably, think there should be no penalty. But why don't they show that ?

That's the trade-off I reckon. SPL should = history but also possible punishment. No SPL = no history, no punishment. But they'll avoid the issue for as long as possible

If the ditch the history then they are a new club and need to apply along with Spartans for membership.

If they keep the history then they should be kicked out of Scottish football for cheating.

If they keep the history and are allowed into the SPL then the game's a bogey.

Good point and I have raised this a couple of times, if club and company are separate entities then the accounts of the club should be passed over to the new company along with the other assets. If the accounts are not transferable then the club itself is not transferable either.

Aye, and, just say, they huvnae submitted them within the agreed (entended) deadline.

What would be the penalty if such a scenario happened? :huh:

Which is it to be - some folk on here are saying Rangers are dead, they are no more, history is gone, they no longer exist and the newco is a completely new team. Then on the other hand there is outrage that the newco are not inheriting punishments that should be handed out to the 'old' Rangers. Going by the former, why the hell should a newco be punished for something which was carried out by a completely different entity when the newco never even existed!

FFS make up your mind!

My team: Other :lol:

Yep but if you think i am going back through a 1000 odd pages to find it.... ;)

Ah, I think I remember what you're on about

I believe what I said was that Rangers shouldnt be allowed to chose their own punishment. I dont recall saying that letting them chose was "no punishment at all" though. I dont think it was in relation to the SPL newco vote though. Were we not talking about the SFA punishments and/or the SPL dual contract investigation?

If the SPL clubs decide not to allow the share to transfer to the newco then that is simply a decision, it isnt a punishment. If the newco decides not to apply to transfer the SPL share then I wouldnt have any issue with that.

Aye, and, just say, they huvnae submitted them within the agreed (entended) deadline.

What would be the penalty if such a scenario happened? :huh:

Seeing as how these things get made up as they go along probably nothing but if t'Rangers are ineligible to play in the SPL then either Dunfermline or Dundee could have a good case to go to the Court of Session for arbitration on the matter. Seeing as how making up rules to suit is frowned upon by those at Ibrox I would not think they are as hypocritical to challenge either of those team's claims. <_<

Ah, I think I remember what you're on about

I believe what I said was that Rangers shouldnt be allowed to chose their own punishment. I dont recall saying that letting them chose was "no punishment at all" though. I dont think it was in relation to the SPL newco vote though. Were we not talking about the SFA punishments and/or the SPL dual contract investigation?

If the SPL clubs decide not to allow the share to transfer to the newco then that is simply a decision, it isnt a punishment. If the newco decides not to apply to transfer the SPL share then I wouldnt have any issue with that.

It could have been about the dual contracts. I just remember you were going off on one about Rangers wanting to choose their own punishment.

Now they are a new company..in all respects a completely new club there is little chance that they will be punished. The SPL clubs shouldn't vote them back in to the SPL...Relegate them to division..at best. Then it is up to the SFL if they should start in SFL 3 or 1.

It's absolutely astonishing that the SPL should choose to delay the dual contracts investigation after their completely inept handling of the matter so far.

The evidence that is already in the public domain is damning.

I get the feeling that they're going to make sure nobody has an excuse to go to court this time. Belt n braces.

FFS make up your mind!

Do you not think that it is t'Rangers who need to make up their minds? Should they risk everything to hold on to the past when they have so many unknown variables in front of them?

If they hold on to the past they could be thrown out of the SFA for the disrepute charge, should they be found guilty on the two contracts issue they could be expelled from the SPL (if they get a share transfer) and they could be thrown out of the SFA for the same charge. If they get into the SPL you can be sure that they will face penalties at least as harsh as the ones which were turned down by the SPL chairmen as being the standard punishment for going newco.

If I was a t'Rangers fan I'd be bombarding the owners to deny the history so that I had a club to support in the future, holding on to five made up stars is just too big a gamble.

It could have been about the dual contracts. I just remember you were going off on one about Rangers wanting to choose their own punishment.

And rightly so. They absolutely shouldnt be allowed to chose their own punishment. As I said, though, that isnt the same as deciding not to apply to transfer the SPL share

Now they are a new company..in all respects a completely new club there is little chance that they will be punished. The SPL clubs shouldn't vote them back in to the SPL...Relegate them to division..at best. Then it is up to the SFL if they should start in SFL 3 or 1.

I disagree. If they are indeed a new club then there should be no application to transfer the SPL share or the SFA membership. If they genuinely are a new club then they should apply to division 3, like any other non-league club who wants to, and go through the same process as they have to.

Transfer of SPL share/SFA membership = continuation of footballing entity = liability for existing punishments

Its very, very simple

Only way they could end up in Div 1 would be if the SPL share transfer was allowed, and the Newco was deducted enough points from last season to see them relegated in place of Dunfermline. Then the SFL would hopefully relegate them to Div 3 just because they felt like it..

Am I reading this right?

Cockwomble has bottled out again and suspended the decision on EBTs until it is decided what The Ranjurs are (newco or oldco).

If its a completely new entity then it starts at the bottom and works its way up.

If it gets into the SPL as a continuation of Ranjurs FC then it must follow that they baggage (titles etc. Oh and penalties for being cheats) comes with them to the SPL.

It is not difficult is it Mr Cockwomble. Everyone on P&B can see it why can you not?

Oh yes, if you defer making a decision (ANY decision), for long enough the league will have started and you cannot expel them because of.......

'Sporting Integrity'. Total bollox.

Mr Cockwomble may just have lost Scottish football a large number of fans. Well done. Tosser.