Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

When this is allover and done with - I mean the football side, obviously, as the legal shenanigans will make Jarndyce Vs. Jarndyce look like a fast-track case - we should invite Thomo, Jim Spence, Cosgrove and Cowan, and Mark Daly to visit every ground in order that we, the REAL fans of Scottish football, can show our appreciation and pay homage. None of these men should ever have to pay for a Killie Pie ever again (although knowing MJ, he'll mibbes offer a multibuy discount :angry:)

All shall hail that rare breed - the True Journalists. We owe these guys a massive debt.

Christ, don't offer Cowan free pies, you'll go bust for sure.

When this is allover and done with - I mean the football side, obviously, as the legal shenanigans will make Jarndyce Vs. Jarndyce look like a fast-track case - we should invite Thomo, Jim Spence, Cosgrove and Cowan, and Mark Daly to visit every ground in order that we, the REAL fans of Scottish football, can show our appreciation and pay homage. None of these men should ever have to pay for a Killie Pie ever again (although knowing MJ, he'll mibbes offer a multibuy discount :angry:)

All shall hail that rare breed - the True Journalists. We owe these guys a massive debt.

Many years ago I worked on the Daily Retard football forums. The ones that visited most of the clubs in Scotland at some point and had illustrious and unbiased panellists like Traynor, Derek Johnston, Murdo McLeaod etc. Sometimes they even had someone relevant to the club that we actually had the forum at......

Best one ever was Gordon Dalziel at Ayr. He turned up pished and just basically told everyone to GTF, didn't care what the fans thought etc etc. Once a ***, always a *** as they say.......so.......I have a completely sincere suggestion for once, honest.

Would a new football forum doing a tour of Scottish clubs, with the panelists like Daly et al be a real refreshing change and something P&B'ers would be interested in, if we could convince the aforementioned journos to tour the diddy teams stadiums/supporters clubs and lay the whole fiasco bare?

I have a trumpet that I'm about to play......

I could easily organise the means and ways to facilitate this through my, let's just call it 'experience, if the panelists were up for it. Answers on a postcard or if this is something Div would be happy to do under the P&B banner? Please let him/me know and if there a groundswell of opinion I'd be happy to discuss this with you Div?

P.S. for once, I'm being absolutely sincere and genuine, just in case anyone wondered. Dundee Hibernian will be able to vouch for me in terms of ability to deliver on this offer, just in case anyone require a second onion......tongue.gif

PPS. Cant be arced correcting the spelling typos. Onion was deliberate - i.e. - bad taste in the mouth.

Edited by chrismcarab

I know the general consensus amongst football supporters, including the then Rangers supporters, is that Duff & Phelps are clowns. However all the professionals I have seen, heard or read have said they have carried out their task properly.

Why then did they not forward the EBT papers to the SPL until the end of May? I can understand Whyte's people not handing them over but Duff & Phelps were in charge of the club from 14 February or thereby. Surely part of their role in terms of good corporate governance would be to cooperate fully with the Scottish footballing authorities.

I know the general consensus amongst football supporters, including the then Rangers supporters, is that Duff & Phelps are clowns. However all the professionals I have seen, heard or read have said they have carried out their task properly.

Why then did they not forward the EBT papers to the SPL until the end of May? I can understand Whyte's people not handing them over but Duff & Phelps were in charge of the club from 14 February or thereby. Surely part of their role in terms of good corporate governance would be to cooperate fully with the Scottish footballing authorities.

No, that would conflict with finding a buyer for the corpse.

Here, D+P could be now known as B+H , Burke + Hare 8)

Edited by wunfellaff

Genuine question here that I got asked by a Rangers supporter:

"How can Rangers be guilty of using EBTs without telling the SPL when the EBT payments were declared in the club annual accounts?"

It kind of stumped me a bit tbh, anyone give me some answers so I can own him with crushing superiority?

I don't think EBT's are dodgy its just if you promise a payment as part of a salary and don't ask for it back, in the real world we call that wages ! If the players had applied for the sums of money as loans and paid them back or paid tax on them, when they accepted them as a taxable benifit, at the tax rate in their country or when they retired I think that would have been ok.

PS. I am not an expert just my opinion.

Tell your Rangers supporter that the EBT,s wern't dodgy it was his club that was dodgy !

Edited by steelman65

No, that would conflict with fiding a buyer for the corpse.

Here, D+P could be now known as B+H , Burke + Hare 8)

Don't know if you're kidding but I don't think their governing body or an independent enquiry into their activities would see it like that. Yes they have to do what's best for the business/creditors but not to the exclusion of not providing relevant information is asked for. That, I think would be classed as dodgy.

Anyone hear Dave Kings comments on STV News just there. Something along the lines of 'Green wants to run Rangers as a business and at a profit. That will not give us the Rangers we all want. Rangers needs investment and to be subsidised to compete'

Have these c***s not learned? Liquidated and they still have no interest in running a sustainable club. Unbelievable

No, because they've been subsidised for at least the last ten years.......by the taxpayer. Leopards (and leeches) don't change their spots. They are The Queens Club, The Peepul, They are speshul....

Don't know if you're kidding but I don't think their governing body or an independent enquiry into their activities would see it like that. Yes they have to do what's best for the business/creditors but not to the exclusion of not providing relevant information is asked for. That, I think would be classed as dodgy.

Not kidding, and yes 'dodgy'.

The 'professionals' who you said praised them, will be 'dodgy' as well. It is what they need to be in order to be 'professional'.

Not kidding, and yes 'dodgy'.

The 'professionals' who you said praised them, will be 'dodgy' as well. It is what they need to be in order to be 'professional'.

That's pish. Not further to say to you on this.