Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

IMO this "parachuting" into Div 1 would be even worse than them joining the SPL.

I dearly hope it is only shitty journalism.

If Thistle are part of this then I will not go back to Firhill.

They must be made to apply for the 3rd.

I can't believe people are still worried about this. The only way they could get into the first is to get into the SPL and suffere retrospective relegation in place of Dunfermilne. The clubs will vote no to SPL admission thereby cutting off this route.

Time for optomism and rejoicing. Only the media, desperate for readers/listeners/viewers have any interest in peddling this myth.

Keith Downie @STVkeith

Aberdeen Chariman Stewart Milne says that contracry to reports, Aberdeen have still to make a decision on Rangers newco in SPL.

Hey, Div. I think we need some steenking badges. How about getting button badges made and put in the shop, along the lines of "I survived the P&B RFC Admin thread" so we can spot our fellow contributors when we're at away games?

IMO this "parachuting" into Div 1 would be even worse than them joining the SPL.

I dearly hope it is only shitty journalism.

If Thistle are part of this then I will not go back to Firhill.

They must be made to apply for the 3rd.

Even the deluded Rangers bigots on RangersMhedia StonedSailor was talking about aren't even contemplating division one. The truth is, the next stage must be Rangers applying for entry to the third division. SFL chairmen can either elect them (likely and probably fair) or banish them to the Juniors (hilarious but hardly likely).

I'm hearing you 100%.

The problem is this was dropped on our lap only this week and I'd imagine 1st division teams have already sold 80% of their STs already so we can't blackmail them that way.

I trust Longmuir when he said they won't be a 1st division team anyway.

We will see what happens after July 4. Quite funny that nobody wants the team the press and ex orcs keep telling us we all need.

A letter threatening cancellation of ST will focus their attention, just remember, your team would be playing Whitburn and Blackburn next season if they'd done the same wrongs.

I'm simply wondering if the powers that be will pull any and all strings available to avoid dropping them into the bottom division.

The precedent getting set here is not good.

The authorities are bending over backwords and doing deals just for Rangers, the worst part Is they are not even bring subtle about it.

If they are so determined to put them in the 1st for the good of Scottish football, then can we write off a serious punishment when the appeal panel meets back up and the SPL asks them to explain themselves over duel contracts?

Also worth mentioning that the reshaping of the leagues and a playoff that they are bargaining with, how is that suddenly a good idea?

Either its a good idea or not going to work, if it's the 1st why now? If it's the 2nd what the f**k are you doing?

Edited by Gaz FFC

With that statement from Milne will people stop dancing on the grave for now? Can't let up with these fuckers until the vote.

This. Even with clubs coming forward, I will not allow myself to get carried away. I'll wait to reserve judgement on the 4th of July before I decide to go mental at either side of the spectrum.

Keith Downie @STVkeith

Aberdeen Chariman Stewart Milne says that contracry to reports, Aberdeen have still to make a decision on Rangers newco in SPL.

STV have been closing stable doors ever since the beginning of this saga. No reason to believe they've suddenly become The Scoopmeisters. I smell shite and anyway, Sir Spencey of Dens cannot possibly be wrong ! :)

This. Even with clubs coming forward, I will not allow myself to get carried away. I'll wait to reserve judgement on the 4th of July before I decide to go mental at either side of the spectrum.

The movement is there. Clubs are leaking their stance intentionally. I'm utterly convinced its going to be a unanimous no vote. These clubs are testing the waters.

Keith Downie @STVkeith

STV unhappy that Jim Spence broke it first and trying to piss on everyone's parade?

Don't know whether this rumour has surfaced before ( not got the time to trawl through 2057 pages!:rolleyes: ) but have heard stories relating to the EBT scheme that there is evidence to suggest a high ranking former Scottish football referee also had one of these....................................... if this is true then surely it adds another nail to the coffin the clue is in the picture below!!!

Anyone else heard this ?

Interesting to think that my own team Clydebank FC "died" as a Senior Football Team in early July 2002 when Jim Ballantyne did his dirty work . If you had told me then that almost 10 years to the day Bankies would be back playing ( albeit in a different guise and at a different level) and the "mighty" Rangers would have gone the way of the dodo people would have laughed

Well who's laughing now?.....................:lol: :lol: :lol:

dallas.gif

STV have been closing stable doors ever since the beginning of this saga. No reason to believe they've suddenly become The Scoopmeisters. I smell shite and anyway, Sir Spencey of Dens cannot possibly be wrong ! :)

Mightily suspicious it was a journo who revealed this and not an actual statement from the Dons board imo

News that Aberdeen plans to vote against a Rangers 'newco' being admitted to the SPL has proved to be premature.In a statement this morning, Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne said: "Contrary to reports, AFC has still to reach a final decision regarding the 4th July vote on the Rangers newco."

I don't see how they can say Yes after the reaction from the fans.