Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

From me to longmuir......

Sir,

I write to with my concerns regarding the teams playing in the SFL next season. The current uncertainty regarding the SPL vacancy created by the liquidation of rangers is damaging the pre-season preparations of clubs from the top to the very bottom of the SFL and beyond, to those who would normally wish to apply for mambership.

I was heartened to read your statement, earlier this week, which said the only way in which some reconstituted rump of the former SPL club could enter the SFL was to apply for a vacancy and enter Div. 3. Notwithstanding that many believe Spartans, Edinburgh City, Gala Fairydean, and Cove Rangers would have a better case, this could at a push be deemed acceptable. Over the last day or so, however, I hear of plans to allow a new club, with no history (sporting or financial) to be admitted to the First Division. This looks to me and many others to be a completely money-driven plan, with no regard for sporting integrity. It smacks, frankly, of the corruption which our game is becoming awash with.

Off the top of my head: Dundee, Airdrie United, Stranraer and possibly Dunfermline are in limbo regarding what kind of season to plan for. Is it to be a promotion-chasing squad or one to fight against relegation? Dropping another unknown side into SFL1 would spread this uncertainty throughout the Division. And for what?

Your website declares the SFL to be "The Home of Real Football". That football is followed by real fans. Fans who contribute to their clubs, who follow them through thick and thin, who live in a landscape unsullied to a large extent by SKY's influence. Do these fans deserve the uncertainty currently visited upon them due to the malfeasance of one corrupt club whose greed has brought them to extinction? There is no club or team called rangers any more. We should be moving on and improving our game, not prostituting every last value in order to line the pockets of criminals. Fans who are unsure may not renew Season Tickets. Clubs may not be able to survive. The SFL may find itself with many more than one vacancy by the end of this season. And for what?

This new club does not expect to be an SFL member for long. So, when clubs go to the wall, the blood money from SKY has been spent, and the redtops can tell themselves that business is back to normal with 4 OF games a season in the SPL, where will the SFL be? And will you, Mr Longmuir, be able to sleep at night knowing that your actions have killed innocent clubs to ensure that criminals survive to bully the Scottish game down the road to oblivion?

Your position gives you the opportunity to be one of the men who saved Scottish football from the abyss. I ask you to use that position and power for the force of good, not for thirty pieces of silver.

Yours Sincerely,

Hell, I know I'm pissing in the wind, but at least it's something....

Fat Sally is a complete tool. He sums up how stupid rangers fans are. Players have no club to be loyal to. Do you get this Ally.Rangers are dead you thick c**t. It is not the same club. its a new legal entity with NO history.

Sir,

I write to with my concerns regarding the teams playing in the SFL next season. The current uncertainty regarding the SPL vacancy created by the liquidation of rangers is damaging the pre-season preparations of clubs from the top to the very bottom of the SFL and beyond, to those who would normally wish to apply for mambership.

Yours Sincerely,

He'll never take you seriously if you don't put your real name ;)

Good letter, but to be honest, Longmuir seems to be the only guy who has produced the same statement every time. I sincerely he hope he hasn't produced the world's greatest ever bluff

"The players would be playing for the same club - Rangers - in front of the same fans"

Somebody should maybe enforce the bad news on poor Ally, he is in complete denial...

Shameful stuff indeed.

Veiled threats amongst acknowledging the players.

McCoist is being used to get those players to re-sign and then they all get sold off at the next available transfer window and by that time McCoist will have been replaced.

I'm spending too much time on here.

It's mud slinging at the players from McCoist so he looks good for the fans.

This is what Elbow had to say on Wednesday.

Seems Fatso has had his phone off.

"We've not spoken to anybody," the 34-year-old told Sky Sports News. "The boys are getting a little bit anxious that way. We've not had a phone call."I don't really blame the manager for having his phone off. He's probably thrown the phone away by now the amount of people trying to get hold of him.

"As far as I'm aware and have been told, any players can walk away. But that's if they want to walk away.

"But that's getting challenged. There are people telling us you can and people telling us you can't.

"So I think we need some clarification on that as well.

Sir,

I was heartened to read your statement, earlier this week, which said the only way in which some reconstituted rump of the former SPL club could enter the SFL was to apply for a vacancy and enter Div. 3. Notwithstanding that many believe Spartans, Edinburgh City, Gala Fairydean, and Cove Rangers would have a better case, this could at a push be deemed acceptable. Over the last day or so, however, I hear of plans to allow a new club, with no history (sporting or financial) to be admitted to the First Division. This looks to me and many others to be a completely money-driven plan, with no regard for sporting integrity. It smacks, frankly, of the corruption which our game is becoming awash with.

Off the top of my head: Dundee, Airdrie United, Stranraer and possibly Dunfermline are in limbo regarding what kind of season to plan for. Is it to be a promotion-chasing squad or one to fight against relegation? Dropping another unknown side into SFL1 would spread this uncertainty throughout the Division. And for what?

Your website declares the SFL to be "The Home of Real Football". That football is followed by real fans. Fans who contribute to their clubs, who follow them through thick and thin, who live in a landscape unsullied to a large extent by SKY's influence. Do these fans deserve the uncertainty currently visited upon them due to the malfeasance of one corrupt club whose greed has brought them to extinction? There is no club or team called rangers any more. We should be moving on and improving our game, not prostituting every last value in order to line the pockets of criminals. Fans who are unsure may not renew Season Tickets. Clubs may not be able to survive. The SFL may find itself with many more than one vacancy by the end of this season. And for what?

This new club does not expect to be an SFL member for long. So, when clubs go to the wall, the blood money from SKY has been spent, and the redtops can tell themselves that business is back to normal with 4 OF games a season in the SPL, where will the SFL be? And will you, Mr Longmuir, be able to sleep at night knowing that your actions have killed innocent clubs to ensure that criminals survive to bully the Scottish game down the road to oblivion?

Your position gives you the opportunity to be one of the men who saved Scottish football from the abyss. I ask you to use that position and power for the force of good, not for thirty pieces of silver.

Yours Sincerely,

:thumsup2:

Edited by Sting777

So has Super Ally sold himself out to Greenco?

^^ This I don't 100% get. He ain't that dumb surely?

Green will get shot of the high earners. He is one. Time is running out for him to get a new gig and he isn't a big draw. Is he pinning his hopes on newcorpse with QoS a fallback?

-------Question of Sport afore Dumfies folk get their panties in a twist.

Does Green even have the cash to pay the players?

Davis alone is on like £20,000 a week FFS.

Or does Green want them to stay simply so he can punt them for money?

I don't know about the validity of this but-

Green says:

"We are meeting the PFA Scotland and their legal advisers on Monday with a view to allaying players' concerns about the transfer of contracts so the timing of these announcements by players is hard to understand.

"The transfer of contracts has already happened and the club's clear legal advice is that players' purported objection is ineffective.

"Rangers would like to make it abundantly clear to players, agents and the chairmen and managers of other football clubs that we will take whatever steps necessary to challenge what we regard as a breach of contract to protect the interests of our club."

edit- remove dodgy HTML pish.

Edited by P45

With all this chat about fans emailing their clubs' chairmen, Doncaster, Regan, Longmuir etc to voice their opinions, I'm wondering if someone might have already compiled a list of these people's email and Twitter addresses.

If this exists, then maybe it would be worthy of being a 'sticky' thread on this forum, as I think it's fair to say that the majority of the P&B community share a similar point of view on the need to get their points of view across to the decision makers regarding Zombie FC.

Having a clear list of contacts that is easy to find and is not absorbed in this mammoth thread might encourage more people to spend a few minutes popping off an email or tweet.

^^ This I don't 100% get. He ain't that dumb surely?

Green will get shot of the high earners. He is one. Time is running out for him to get a new gig and he isn't a big draw. Is he pinning his hopes on newcorpse with QoS a fallback?

-------Question of Sport afore Dumfies folk get their panties in a twist.

Phew.... :)