Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

First training session which ties in re TUPE I think...

Accepting wages could very well weaken their case, turning up for training less so. Source: employment law expert on BBC website a few days ago.

He's talking pish and hoping to scare them .. muddy the waters.

The players signed a contract with Rangers .. not SEVCO ...

Those contracts are worthless and any new contract has to be mutually agreed upon.

This 'club is not Rangers FC

About as much chance of Green taking action as Craig Whyte or D&P suing the BBC ... :D

???? thought it was the players/employees that had to agree, employers don't have a say as existing contacts take precidence unless players/employees disagree.

My link

Ally McCoist on players wanting to leave.

I really can't stand McCoist at all.

Edit: Ah just beaten to it by Jim Leighton.

I should've gone for the nutmeg.

Newco deserve all that’s coming to them

McCoist is a top man have met him a couple of times. Will have a joke and laugh with you also has respect for provincial clubs.

The Airdrie chairman is the SFL president.

And a Rangers supporter.

Yes,he is to both of these.....he has been moaning about crowds dwindling for a few seasons now,but if he shows favouritism to the sevco to get into the 1st because he is a Rangers fan he will finish the club altogether.I for one will turn my back on 30 years of following Airdrie,and i doubt i stand alone with it.So the Airdrie may find themselves in the shit once again.

I am in the process of putting an email together,reminding him of the fact that we originally went bust due to helping hands from SDM.Then the SFL stood by the rule book of not voting us back in.He should put aside his feelings of Rangers as a club,and show loyalty to the fans of the club he owns,and not just for us,but all clubs in the SFL.The rules should be abided by for all clubs that go into liquidation,whether they are an old Firm club or East Stirling.If he changes the rules or turns a blind eye to them then he will not only put his own clubs existence in jeopardy,but the whole of Scottish football.

Need the wifes help here though :unsure: as she is better at wording letters than me...and wont swear at him once ;)

Accepting wages could very well weaken their case, turning up for training less so. Source: employment law expert on BBC website a few days ago.

Turning up for training is fulfilling your contract of employment I think......

Spence saying that only 8 SFL clubs would be needed to vote against.

P&B just mentioned.:D

Only 8?

No chance i can see they getting into the SFL! unless some major and overdue league restructures were offered

I'm not disputing financial figures. Newco should not get in.

Allan Park / Rainbow Taxis Stadium doesn't have a seated stand for the paying public (what seats they have are behind glass and are for sponsors only - it is an executive box) and has terracing that is of a low standard. Cove are keen to move to a new stadium and I'd be surprised if they got SFL membership without it, or an interim groundshare at Pittodrie or Montrose. (edit - it seems the new stadium is now in doubt).

There are not 'plenty' of non league teams wanting to join the SFL. I've heard nothing to suggest Gala still want in as of 2012, they're mince on and off the park but the 4G might help matters, so it's over to Spartans, Edinburgh City and Preston.

I am obviously unfamiliar with the particular circumstances of each club. However whenever a vacant place in the SFL has arisen there has never been a shortage of candidates, i don't see how this time would be any different.

These candidates, whether they be Spartans or Preston, Deveronvale or Buckie or whoever, clearly have a better case for admission than The Rangers. The Rangers has no established fan base, no established accounting and administration procedure, nothing. All they have is a tenuous link to a now defunct football club and a big falling apart decrepit stadium which they may never half fill again.

Admission to the SFL should be based on what the applying clubs have achieved on and off the park in their history. The Rangers have achieved nothing, they have no case to present. They should not and must not be allowed in to the league.

Newco deserve all that's coming to them

I disagree. Newco deserve absolutely nothing. They are a new company, and deserve no punishment, but on that same ilk, deserve no preferential treatment. Therefore, 3 years of audited accounts, or GTF from the SFL too.

I had sympathy for Kevin Kyle there, even when he was trying himself to newco. After all he needs a job.

However the more he is talking the more he is making an arse of himself.

Why do they involve journalists who completely ignore the rules that exist at present and try to ignore them in their discussions.

Jim Spence, once again, the voice of the people AND the only one with his finger on the pulse.

Edited by Granny Danger

I disagree. Newco deserve absolutely nothing. They are a new company, and deserve no punishment, but on that same ilk, deserve no preferential treatment. Therefore, 3 years of audited accounts, or GTF from the SFL too.

I agree with this, We can't punish Sevco 5088 for the sins of Rangers, i've also heard the 3 years of audited accounts isnt something mandatory.

But if Sevco 5088 want to join the ranks of senior football, they should apply for it like everyone else, and if successful they can be admitted into the 3rd Division like anyone else.