Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The least and (to my mind) the most probable sanction is a one year ban from the Scottish Cup...that`s what they had the nerve to request for themselves. Alternatively they may well agree to the original penalty of a transfer embargo which would probably suit Green. I do.n`t think the SFA can promote or relegate.

So they get the same punishment that Dunfermline got a couple of seasons ago when they brought on as a sub a player who was suspended. Dunfermiline were winning 7-0 at the time. When it came out that the player was ineligible they were thrown out of the cup that year.

Yeh considering everything Rangers have done that seems a fair punishment for them. Not.

Then after Celtic it's Hearts and Hibs then every other team till St Mirren are the dominant team in Scotland and then you'll shut up because you have the largest supported team as well as continually winning the SPL every other year.Sounds like you just wanna be like the OF by your ranting and raving.

No - just Celtic.

He's wrong though. We are not determining Rangers / Sevco's fate at all.

All we are doing is to vocally fight against attempts by the grey suits running our game to bend the rules simply because this is Rangers / Sevco.

Different thing altogether Britney.

True, though I suppose fans + club officials opposing SPL continuation then SFL1 compromise has narrowed the alternatives.

According to Spencey's closing remarrks the apellate tribunal could be the key once it re-applies a suitable punishment from it's list. Suspension perhaps? Which would make all this kicking and screaming all very moot!

What'd that create, though... 11-team SPL for 1 season? 9-team SFL3?

So they get the same punishment that Dunfermline got a couple of seasons ago when they brought on as a sub a player who was suspended. Dunfermiline were winning 7-0 at the time. When it came out that the player was ineligible they were thrown out of the cup that year.

Firstly - being banned from entering the cup isn't the same as being removed from it having breached the rules during participation.

Secondly - Dunfermline weren't expelled, they were ordered to replay (and won).

Edited by HibeeJibee

From the Grauniad's on-line coverage of Andy Murray's game against Bagdhatis :-

7.05pm: Murray and Baghdatis arrive on court, and begin knocking up. There are a lot of Union Jacks being waved. It's a bit like Ibrox, only they're not playing Penny Arcade by Roy Orbison over the PA, and we know the place will still be here this time next year.

:rolleyes:

Should I be unduly worried at this text I received today? From someone in SFL1.

"It's the SFA who are driving it. Unfortunately some kind of realism has to kick in somewhere and the SFL are getting as many concessions as they can first".

"Sponsors at all SFL1 clubs are now rubbing their hands and wanting to increase sponsorship if R are in Div1. Clubs under pressure that way too."

Just sent this off:

Dear Mr Hutton

I have just had the pleasure of listening to your interview on BBC Sportsound. Although I am not a Raith Rovers fan, I am a fan of Scottish football, and I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your unequivocal stand in favour of Sporting integrity, decency and fairness.

I have been appalled to discover what has been going on over (at least) the past 20 years at the club formerly known as Rangers. I have been equally appalled to see the apologists in the SFA, SPL, SFL and the mainstream media somehow try to convince us fans, that we should put aside what is right and re admit this new club simply because they bring money into the Scottish game (although how this money benefits the vast majority of clubs is an unconvincing argument as far as I am concerned).

I wish you and your club the very best in the seasons to come.

Yours in football.

KFM

This would be the Morton who hold the record attendance for a Third Division match and would sell out SMP if the Renfrewshire derby returned in the league. Something, incidentally, that Celtic fail to do on a regular basis.

It's about time we took the remaining diddy team in the SPL down a peg or two.

And yet no appology over your feck up on methadol. Shock.............

Reduce your ground to 35 capacity and call it a sell out if you want.........

Thanks for posting. Just listened to this. The man's a legend. They'll be dancing in the streets of Raith tonight 8)

Just like those who live in St Mirren, St Johnstone, Queen of the South and other towns like that, though I wouldn't think the inhabitants of Rangers will be very happy. :lol:

And yet no appology over your feck up on methadol. Shock.............

What on earth are you slevvering about now?

You tried to claim the Captain had a 'methadol' habit, as opposed to methadone. because you are a thick bigoted fuckwit who has been drawn to the brink of complete breakdown by him. Unless someone can break this down into picture format then I'm unsure how much more we can do to help you grasp this.

Better idea: f**k off and stop spilling your fail all over this thread.

Edited by vikingTON

Didn't the SFA comment that Rangers 'crimes' were a baw' hair away from match fixing? If so, papping them out of the cup seems a slap on the wrist.

I swear, I've had just about enough whataboutery from the SFA and SPL. If cockwomble comes out one more time and says he is still seeking clarity, I might nip over to Hampden and boot his stones so hard they'll need to form a newco themselves.

Weasel words. St Mirren Park has the same capacity for both matches. St Mirren v Morton would unquestionably draw a larger crowd than St Mirren v Celtic.

Celtic = diddy team

True, though I suppose fans + club officials opposing SPL continuation then SFL1 compromise has narrowed the alternatives.

What'd that create, though... 11-team SPL for 1 season? 9-team SFL3?

Firstly - being banned from entering the cup isn't the same as being removed from it having breached the rules during participation.

Secondly - Dunfermline weren't expelled, they were ordered to replay (and won).

No they weren't. They were kicked out. I think it was Stenhousemuir who was involved and they were embarassed that they went through

Didn't the SFA comment that Rangers 'crimes' were a baw' hair away from match fixing? If so, papping them out of the cup seems a slap on the wrist.

I swear, I've had just about enough whataboutery from the SFA and SPL. If cockwomble comes out one more time and says he is still seeking clarity, I might nip over to Hampden and boot his stones so hard they'll need to form a newco themselves.

Not to mention that Yorkston is already on record saying that Dunfermline were kicked out the Cup for an 'admin error'. So how on earth can all the nasty fiendish crimes that Oldco/Sevco have committed be punished in the same manner? That would be ludicrous and totally unacceptable. The gravity of their crimes must be dealt with by the full force of the remaining punishments available, and that is either suspension or preferrably expulsion/ removal of membership.

No they weren't. They were kicked out. I think it was Stenhousemuir who was involved and they were embarassed that they went through

Little of column A, little of column B.

They were intially booted, then reinstated. THEN won the replay 2-1.

Link

Weasel words. St Mirren Park has the same capacity for both matches. St Mirren v Morton would unquestionably draw a larger crowd than St Mirren v Celtic.

Celtic = diddy team

Cappielow's record attendance 23,500 against Celtic :P.

I think the cap'n would prefer Celtic to be St Mirren's rival nowadays with the bile he has towards Celtic is on par with some of the orcs bile towards Celtic :blink:.

Yeh considering everything Rangers have done that seems a fair punishment for them. Not.

In total agreement but I`ve a feeling that in the current climate with all that`s going on at the moment this is one decision they`d rather not be having to take. To me it seems probable that they`ll take the easiest, least contentious option.

Of course, suspending their membership for a year would solve everyone`s problems and get Regan and probably Longmuir out of jail.