Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-18706453

What a waste the Scottish Government did not do this months ago. We have had the shame of a major Scottish business and institutions dragged though the mire.

If we can't run businesses or national organisations, how can anyone be convinced we could run a country?

A missed opportunity Alex, one that will bite your bum over the next couple of years right up to referendum time.

But as there is still plenty to come out, maybe not too late to move in. Or do you want Westminister to have their enquiry and then take the moral high ground?

As far as I can see, the players have no legal obligation to TUPE to Sevco Rangers. Many of them chose not to.

The complication is the transfer of the football registrations, because Green tried to buy them for Sevco Rangers as assets. The dispute will be to determine whether Sevco Rangers have any right to hold on to the registrations of the new players.

As such, there should be no reason for the legal courts to be involved. The legal courts would favour the players/PFA/buying clubs.

I see it the same way you do - the trouble is that the SFA are withholding the registration of a player who wants to go to an English side. Sevco don't hold the registrations, the SFA do (and it looks like they want to keep them so that Sevco can have them). I'm assuming, of course, the player concerned took advantage of the TUPE regulations and did not transfer to Newco.

Indeed there should be no need for the courts, and hopefully FIFA tell the SFA to allow the English registration. If they don't (or if they don't know about TUPE), then I can see the courts as the only option (and they'd surely favour the players/PFA/buying club).

At present I'm seeing the situation as a player who has opted not to transfer to the Newco being told by the SFA that the only team he CAN sign for is Newco.

apologies if posted already

DUNDEE FOOTBALL CLUB STATEMENT

Dundee CEO Scot Gardiner today made the following statement on behalf of the Club.

"In order to try and bring some clarity to the situation for our fans and sponsors, I would like to outline some of the events of the last week or two in relation to Dundee FC and our position within the SFL.

When it became clear that the Clubs of the SFL were going to be called into Hampden on 3rd July to either take a vote or as it has been put, give a steer, in advance of a vote on Rangers Football Club being admitted into either Division 1 or Division 3, I immediately called the SFL.

The purpose of the call was to receive some guidance on whether Dundee FC would be conflicted in voting for either option as we would potentially be the direct beneficiaries of a yes vote in either case. I was very concerned that Dundee FC could be attacked or criticised for trying to influence the situation and or gain benefit for the Club by voting for either option.

The initial advice was that SFL rules clearly state that, save in extraordinary circumstances, ALL Members must vote and cannot abstain, such action would incur a heavy fine and there was an existing precedent.

Prior to the meeting however and following discussions with the SFL Office Bearers and their legal team, we were informed that these were extraordinary circumstances and there was indeed a clear conflict of interest and it would be against natural justice for us to vote. We could take part in the debate but not the vote. We were the only team in Division 1 told this as no other Club was conflicted.

Now that there is to be a formal vote on these matters at Hampden on the 12th July, our technical position is clear. We do not have to abstain as we cannot vote due to the stated potential conflict of interest which would be against natural justice. This is not our choice, it is however a fact that we cannot vote.

None of this means that we have been notified by the SPL, SFL or the SFA that our status as an SFL Club has changed or is due to change because we have not. We do hope however that this situation can be addressed as quickly as possible as it is clearly and obviously a tremendous distraction for all of us at Dundee FC with the season looming larger than ever."

Dundee FC - Heavy duty currants.

Thistle have not said no...

we have said we do not accept the current offer being made...

which is wholey different, and quite frankly sickening.

4 statements from our club, not once have we said no to newco.

mark my words, beattie and co are hanging out for a better offer and he will welcome Rangers into the 1st with pants round his ankles...

and i will walk away from Thistle.

If you read the statement it says they are against Newco in the 1st division, but would be interested in an SFA led league structure, not any SPL or SPL2 or SPL led division, but a completely new league incorporating all clubs.

Thats how I read it anyway.

I see it the same way you do - the trouble is that the SFA are withholding the registration of a player who wants to go to an English side. Sevco don't hold the registrations, the SFA do (and it looks like they want to keep them so that Sevco can have them). I'm assuming, of course, the player concerned took advantage of the TUPE regulations and did not transfer to Newco.

Indeed there should be no need for the courts, and hopefully FIFA tell the SFA to allow the English registration. If they don't (or if they don't know about TUPE), then I can see the courts as the only option (and they'd surely favour the players/PFA/buying club).

At present I'm seeing the situation as a player who has opted not to transfer to the Newco being told by the SFA that the only team he CAN sign for is Newco.

That's why SFA are passing the buck to FIFA though. There would almost certainly be some form of legal action (either via law courts or CAS) if SFA withheld the registrations and said their decision was final, but by letting FIFA do it they can say "It wasn't our decision".

So as I said from the start, Celtic would vote no to the NewCo

They confirmed my prediction.

Hopefully now that will be the end of the conspiracy theory about us trying to get them back into the SPL

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-18706453

What a waste the Scottish Government did not do this months ago. We have had the shame of a major Scottish business and institutions dragged though the mire.

If we can't run businesses or national organisations, how can anyone be convinced we could run a country?

A missed opportunity Alex, one that will bite your bum over the next couple of years right up to referendum time.

But as there is still plenty to come out, maybe not too late to move in. Or do you want Westminister to have their enquiry and then take the moral high ground?

Westminster can f**k off.

Struggling to get excited about today happenings. Rangers getting into the 1st division is a real possibility and I'm fully expecting the next week being unbearable (pun not intended). The only thing acceptable in this farce is if Rangers are offered the option of apply for the 3rd divison or if the SFA just tell them to get tae. Anything less will destroy Scottish Football.

That's why SFA are passing the buck to FIFA though. There would almost certainly be some form of legal action (either via law courts or CAS) if SFA withheld the registrations and said their decision was final, but by letting FIFA do it they can say "It wasn't our decision".

Statement from Celtic Football Club

By: Newsroom Staff on 04 Jul, 2012 17:57

CELTIC Football Club today confirmed that it opposed re-admission to the Scottish Premier League by Rangers newco.

Today´s decision to refuse access into the SPL was an overwhelming one and demonstrates the depth of feeling amongst everyone involved in Scottish football.

Fundamentally, the Celtic Board has also been very mindful of the need to take what it believes to be the correct course of action in protecting the integrity of the game in Scotland

The matter is now within the jurisdiction of the Scottish Football Association and it will be for the SFA to decide on the future of Rangers newco.

Throughout the whole sequence of events leading up to today’s decision the Celtic Board has been of the singular view that the integrity of the game in Scotland is of paramount importance. Our only other consideration has been to protect the interests and right of the Club and our supporters.

Whilst the financial implications of today’s vote for Celtic and for the Scottish game as a whole will be very significant, we have already stated that Celtic has a business plan and strategy independent of any other club.

Our supporters can rest assured that we will continue to fight to protect Celtic’s best interests within the Scottish game.

In addition, we will be working with our other fellow SPL clubs in the days and weeks ahead to take all possible steps to maximise commercial returns, which remain crucial in these economically-challenging circumstances. We will also play an active role in mapping the future of Scottish football.

The fans are the lifeblood of the game and we know how strongly our supporters, and those of other clubs, felt about this issue.

We are confident that Celtic’s fans, together with the supporters of all the SPL clubs, will now play a major role in rallying behind their clubs to ensure that Scottish football emerges stronger from this episode.

During Celtic’s long and illustrious 125-year history, there have been periods of difficulty. At these times, our supporters have always stood shoulder to shoulder with the Club. We need our supporters to be with us now, more than ever.

We know our own supporters will be acutely aware of the significant challenges that lie ahead. We enter next season as Champions of Scotland and look ahead to retaining our title and to making an impact in a European context. We know how difficult this will be and we call on our supporters to join us in tackling these challenges, to take their place at Celtic Park, to invest in the Club and to continue to give us the kind of support for which they are renowned.