Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

A couple of things annoying me still (more than a couple but I'll stick with these two)

1) SFA/SFL attempts to force RangersLite into Div 1 - as I understand it, Scottish football will be on its uppers if Newco aren't in the top league post haste. Looking at everything that's going on at Ibrox - what guarantee is there that Newco will be anywhere near the top come April next year? - does that mean we're now looking at 2nd/3rd and 4th all involved in playoffs with 2nd bottom of SPL? Do all these teams have to lie down to Newco during the playoffs? - what if they (Newco) are outside the top 4? - any refereeing decision "they" get throughout the season is going to come under even more scrutiny than usual (as if the refs' job isn't hard enough) Just don't see how any of the SFL 1 teams can vote for Newco entry on the basis of future sponsor money into the game and still be seen as impartial when playing Newco.

SFA have cunning plan - Newco finish first then no reconstruction, all the way up to a first division of 22 teams if they finish 10th in Division 1. Therefore no pressure on the refs etc.

07/07/2012 12:05

Alex Thomson, Archie McPherson and Stephen Craigan take part on this Saturday's OTB show.

It's quite a mad lineup, I think Craigan's lack of pace may be exploited,

and Archie might just give out a few of the Secrets Man Was Not Meant To Know, that he just can't be arsed

keeping under his bunnet any more.

Craigan and McPherson - Newcunto F.C. cocksuckers

Craigan and McPherson - Newcunto F.C. cocksuckers

it could be a petty tawdry bit of radio, those two will turn on Thomson, given the chance.

Archie's regarded as a national treasure, but he comes across as an out of touch old firm kiss arse. had his day. he can 'woaff' off for all i care.

If your club acted like the walking dead oldco did would you be in a hurry to go back and support them especially if they continued spouting shite and trying to con their fans in their newco guise? Just wondering.......

Archie McPherson? Really? When are we going to drag our national game into the 21st century I wonder.

Archie (why say 1 word when a thousand will do) McPhersonsad.gif

That dinosaur would give a packet of paracetamol a sair head.

If your club acted like the walking dead oldco did would you be in a hurry to go back and support them especially if they continued spouting shite and trying to con their fans in their newco guise? Just wondering.......

Most fans would be too embarrassed to even be seen in your clubs colours, but for sevco fans they're used to their club being a fucking embarrassment. Hell even the fans are a pretty shameful bunch. An extremely well matched couple.

it could be a petty tawdry bit of radio, those two will turn on Thomson, given the chance.

Archie's regarded as a national treasure, but he comes across as an out of touch old firm kiss arse. had his day. he can 'woaff' off for all i care.

Two semi-literate arsekissers won't prove much of an obstacle for old Thommo.

:lol:

Thomson will likely rip them new arseholes given half a chance, those 2 will play the Sevco apologist role down to a T.

Surely there's better people out there to be debating the facts or are these two being set up as patsies.:ph34r:

Will try this for the third time (due to today's system gremlins) and I just know it's not going to be worth it!!

A couple of things annoying me still (more than a couple but I'll stick with these two)

1) SFA/SFL attempts to force RangersLite into Div 1 - as I understand it, Scottish football will be on its uppers if Newco aren't in the top league post haste. Looking at everything that's going on at Ibrox - what guarantee is there that Newco will be anywhere near the top come April next year? - does that mean we're now looking at 2nd/3rd and 4th all involved in playoffs with 2nd bottom of SPL? Do all these teams have to lie down to Newco during the playoffs? - what if they (Newco) are outside the top 4? - any refereeing decision "they" get throughout the season is going to come under even more scrutiny than usual (as if the refs' job isn't hard enough) Just don't see how any of the SFL 1 teams can vote for Newco entry on the basis of future sponsor money into the game and still be seen as impartial when playing Newco.

2) John Yorkston - happy to jump on the league re-structure badwagon for the last few years - looking to give more opportunities to those clubs in the SFL to get into the top league...until now! Come on John - it would appear that you may get a chance to agree to last season's runner up in SFL1 getting up into the top league (for probably no more than a season) and you start spouting about "no precedent" and how your own team should stay in the SPL - 1st chance and you go back to the closed shop approach - brilliant!

Finally - just wanted to commend this thread - I've been away from P&B for while due to the "banter" aka abuse that seemed to infect every thread. It's nice to see the humour return. More power to you P&B .

Wow, you've just posted a load o' pish. No wonder it was rejected twice.

Out of all the apologists for NewCo, Craigan is the newest of the bandwagon hoping to make a tidy wee living. In the first few month he's up against one of channel 4's top investigative journalists who has interviewed people from the most conflicted parts of the world. Traynor and Young would have been absolutely slaughtered had they made an appearance. I remember Traynor sneering away earlier that he was just some war correspondent looking for a story or such, back in the early administration days, where they assumed everything would work out fine. Instead Craigan, who lets be honest, has no journalistic experience, will be slaughtered putting forth daft questions to Thomson.

Is it actually taken as read that the Old Rangers fans will switch to this new team that Chicky Green is making up when it has no history attached to the old club.

Being absolutley serious for one moment, Rangers FC will no longer exist, The team, club and all that went with it will die when it liquidates.

Why does everyone believe they will just follow on and support this new team that's being put together, It's no more Rangers than Livingston are Meadowbank.

Are there any Rangers fans who see it this way or am I just being daft. If the new was in any way a continuation of the old I wouldn't ask the question, but it's not, they'll just be playing at the old Rangers ground, and that's an assumption that the new owner can afford to keep the old girl going as I think we all know Ibrox is hardly brand new and runs at a minimal cost.

It obvious follows on as to why anyone from outside the immediate area of Ibrox would even consider supporting this new venture, but that's a question for tomorrow.

Were Brechin ever actually fined?

In March 2009 they were fined £30k "should they fail to comply within 3 years".

http://news.bbc.co.u...ity/7940071.stm

This was later suspended in March 2010 after they performed some works.

http://www.scotsman....ts_sfa_1_798310

Then the licensing system was changed in December anyway, and they now meet Entry + Bronze level dimensions.

You don't have to hold a license... it'd be farcical at Sunday league or schoolboy level... and SFL rules don't require clubs to have a license. You're not reading either's rules right or in the correct context.

Membership and Licensing are two different things. Sevco will be applying for SFA membership. The licensing bit can be done any time if they survive that long. What is the membership criteria is a better question to ask.

:lol:

Thomson will likely rip them new arseholes given half a chance, those 2 will play the Sevco apologist role down to a T.

Surely there's better people out there to be debating the facts or are these two being set up as patsies.:ph34r:

Thomson is intelligent/literate. Feel sorry for Craigan/McPherson.....Chick Young or Traynor would have been far better.

Does anyone remember any Rangers fans all worried about the money they paid for Tore Andre Flo? Some thick *** I know is claiming everyone was raging at the amount they paid for him and not excited about a desperate attempt to catch Celtic.

Does anyone remember any Rangers fans all worried about the money they paid for Tore Andre Flo? Some thick *** I know is claiming everyone was raging at the amount they paid for him and not excited about a desperate attempt to catch Celtic.

he was a hero until the start of his 2nd season when they realised he was a pile of pish