Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Can I ask what might be a daft question ?

This £15.7m - is that the total 'value' of having the Old Firm in this league ? Is that all monies other than gate money ?

Cause if all the Old Firm is worth to us is £15.7m then I wish they'd f'cked off years ago - they probably take the thick end of that wedge anyhoo ?

Sounds like a great meeting with pioneering business people :lol:

John Brown..."lol" is all I can say

Yep...The Bomber, you couldnt possibly think of a better or more apt spokesman for NEWCO :lol:: :lol:

Edited by Sting777

Letter sent to my club:

Can we get the official position of the club regarding allowing Newco to bypass division 3 and division 2. I am hopeful that we are sticking by your original statement and voting Newco to SFL 3 or nothing. I am sure that you are aware that there are a number of people that are un-willing to support Scottish football if the integrity of the sport is disregarded, I am one of those people and await a response such that I can commit to this years season ticket or not.

I think that we should be ensuring that we are absolutely clear that we are not viewing this as a demotion of an SPL club but rather the automatic promotion of a new club and that all talk of parachuting should be replaced with rocket boosting! I would also ask what the SFL are voting for on Friday as there is currently no vacancy within the SFL for another member and changing this will require a 3/4 majority and not a simple majority as per the SFL regulation 60:

60. SUSPENSION OF RULES

Members shall havepower by resolution passed at a general meeting by notless than seventy fiveper cent (75%) of the Members to suspend any ofthese Rules for adefinite or indefinite period of time and may adopt by a similar majority for adefinite or indefinite period of time, temporary Rules in addition to or in lieu thereof.

Additionally, the following rules will need to be changed or suspended:

Rule No/Reason

5 Constitution of the league 3 x 10 teams

8 Payment of non-refundable application fee (unless this has already been done)

22.2 No audited financial statements are available

Finally there appears to be a misunderstanding on the legal standing of articles of association whereby the assumption that there is nothing in the articles that prevents the automatic promotion of a club to the highest division is incorrect. Articles determine what the organisation can legally do and therefore if something is not explicitly allowed by the articles then it not within the power of the organisation to do this without changing the rules and/or articles (requiring a 75% majority).

Edited by strichener

A representative from Denny then informed the panel that he had four reasons why we should go into Division 3. First he believed it would test Charles Green resolve; secondly he believed it would show the benefit of Auchenhowie and allow the management team to gain experience. Third, it would galvanise and unite the Rangers support, and lastly it would allow us to move on and concentrate on defeating the SNP's fight for independence.

lolwut

1341645350[/url]' post='6406759']

It was shelved because they're closed-minded idiots.

Since we're into worse case scenarios to get Newco as high up the structure as possible, how much could be generated through a Scottish football channel if we managed to get 2,000,000 subscribers worldwide?

That would be a game changing amount of cash coming into Scottish football, the 3 lower tiers could have enough cash to transform their clubs while the SPL have enough cash to stabilise every club.

Unfortunately we start from the "what if nobody subscribes position" in Scotland.

I actually strongly support the setup of a TV channel, though as posted earlier: Caledonia Sports TV

However, 2,000,000 subscribers is fantasy land numbers. It would be viable at around 10% of that, but I would see around 500,000 as about the upper limit across the UK.. And worldwide, I would imagine that support from ex-pats would be nowhere near enough to justify the outlay of trying to move into these markets. I assume your views are coloured by the claims of two so called "Global Brands".

If the sky deal was to get slashed to the £3M that is being quoted then if there was ever a time to investigate fully the viability of the idea it is now.

I'm glad Hutton is all over this.

If all the chairmen were like that gullible shitbag at Stenny then Newco would be already in the 1st.

But all the other chairmen are as bad, if just a bit more sleekit. They would surely have voted the Zombie Rangers straight back into the SPL - but the prospect of the bulk of their customers saying 'Do that and WE are walking away' forced them to cast ZR out - only to start coming on heavy to the SFL to slot them into division one and minimise the prospective loss. Integrity my arse.

edit - SFL not SLF. I wish someone would 'Listen'

No,Stiff Little Fingers to the SPL seems correct to me.

1341657538[/url]' post='6407102']

I actually strongly support the setup of a TV channel, though as posted earlier: Caledonia Sports TV

However, 2,000,000 subscribers is fantasy land numbers. It would be viable at around 10% of that, but I would see around 500,000 as about the upper limit across the UK.. And worldwide, I would imagine that support from ex-pats would be nowhere near enough to justify the outlay of trying to move into these markets. I assume your views are coloured by the claims of two so called "Global Brands".

If the sky deal was to get slashed to the £3M that is being quoted then if there was ever a time to investigate fully the viability of the idea it is now.

How much would these subscribers be expected to pay for a single product package?

Sky and ESPN are able to sell a their packages on the draw of the EPL, and pad it put with SPL, La Liga etc, and while the subs are primarily paying for the EPL deal, the rest adds value to the subscriber.

I subscribe to sky sports, partially out of habit, but don't subscribe to ESPN for the off chance my team is on, and they are only an extra £10 a month. sky currently cover most of my tv viewing football needs. Diluting to multiple suppliers each with their own pricing is not attractive.

If SPLTV was say £5, and you got 1/2 million subscribers, you're looking at only £2,500,000 a month, and have to pay all the associated taxes and costs to run it. Would that be enough? even then, £5 a month for a single product that only runs 10 months of the year is relatively steep.

Anyone notice that the number of " guests " watching the topic is way down on the usual number?

I wonder if this is because the big orange walk is on in Glasgow today?

Pleasing to see that it's absolutely pissin down here. I hope those bowler hats are permeable and that the orange sashes are not colourfast :ph34r:

I used the 2,000,000 figure as the best case scenario in the same way we're bombarded by worst case scenarios constantly, I've no idea what the upper limit will be, but I do know that in play gambling will drive up any worldwide audience figures, I'm open-minded, and I honestly feel our game could come out the other side a better game if done properly and with a big pair of balls.

If it's ok for multi million £ organisations to talk down figures to the gutter it's ok for me to aim for the clouds.

This whole saga has just been like an extended version of "Call my Bluff". Since the beginning, all we have had, has been a never-ending procession of people telling us that "We cant do that"

"We cant refuse the CVA"

"We cant let Rangers die"

"We cant have an SPL without Rangers/Newco"

"We cant survive without Rangers/Newco"

All these statements have been listened to, and rejected. So now we have another,

"We cant have Newco in the 3rd division"

It is now up to the chairmen of the SFL to continue "calling the bluff" of the doom-mongers, and say;

"We can, and we will"

Not necessarily, if rules and regulations are to be followed, the new club can easily be denied access to the Third Division. dry.giflaugh.gif

Anyone notice that the number of " guests " watching the topic is way down on the usual number?

I wonder if this is because the big orange walk is on in Glasgow today?

Pleasing to see that it's absolutely pissin down here. I hope those bowler hats are permeable and that the orange sashes are not colourfast :ph34r:

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Frankie Boyle@frankieboyleImagine being on an Orange Walk in the rain when you could be licking out someone with a borderline personality disorder in a tent#TITP

Expand

How much would these subscribers be expected to pay for a single product package?

Sky and ESPN are able to sell a their packages on the draw of the EPL, and pad it put with SPL, La Liga etc, and while the subs are primarily paying for the EPL deal, the rest adds value to the subscriber.

I subscribe to sky sports, partially out of habit, but don't subscribe to ESPN for the off chance my team is on, and they are only an extra £10 a month. sky currently cover most of my tv viewing football needs. Diluting to multiple suppliers each with their own pricing is not attractive.

If SPLTV was say £5, and you got 1/2 million subscribers, you're looking at only £2,500,000 a month, and have to pay all the associated taxes and costs to run it. Would that be enough? even then, £5 a month for a single product that only runs 10 months of the year is relatively steep.

Your team wouldn't be on at all.

This whole saga has just been like an extended version of "Call my Bluff". Since the beginning, all we have had, has been a never-ending procession of people telling us that "We cant do that"

"We cant refuse the CVA"

"We cant let Rangers die"

"We cant have an SPL without Rangers/Newco"

"We cant survive without Rangers/Newco"

All these statements have been listened to, and rejected. So now we have another,

"We cant have Newco in the 3rd division"

It is now up to the chairmen of the SFL to continue "calling the bluff" of the doom-mongers, and say;

"We can, and we will"

Spoiled by the ending. No, thanks. Would rather not be associated with the inevitable consequences, not least their "insolvency event".

If Newco rightly start in the 3rd division then who would be promoted from the various leagues? For the 1st division would it be Airdrie that are promoted or Ayr Utd not relegated?

Could the teams then take it to the CoS?

Maybe more reason Regan wants Newco in the 1st.