Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23905082/

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I've just read it.

If this is the case then it is an absolute disgrace that the SFL clubs are being held to ransom like this. mad.gif

The club chairman should be already speaking with each other and forming a collective in which they can take legal proceedings against any proposals that are out with the rules.

It is obvious that the SFL/SFA have an agenda which is geared to protect the SPL/Newco, so before any decisions are taken then the whole thing needs to be witnessed by an independent body.

Why do people insist on inventing this nonsense?

It doesn't even say in SFL rules that every member has to be in a division, it just says there has to be 3 divisions with 10 members in each. (You don't even have to be a football club - associations can in theory join SFL). In practical terms Dundee or Dunfermline are going to be leaving anyway.

They'll presumably have made an application.

And it doesn't require audited accounts. It's clear under 22.2 that Green can have until 1st June 2013 to submit his return, and/or can submit "financial statements" as "reported on" by an "independent accountant". That's significantly more relaxed.

Your "misunderstanding on the legal standing of articles of association" is evidently contrary to the interpretation of SFL's lawyers... and Rule 9 makes it clear that clubs can admit members under any conditions or terms as they like and without mention of a requirement to enter the Third Division (which is a stupid loophole but nonetheless an extant one).

I've seen this mentioned before, however I'm sure there are an infinite number of other scenarios that are not included in the rules, and would the legal position not be that anything which wasn't specifically included, be deemed excluded?

For example, I'm sure there's no rule which states that any new member is awarded a 4 goal start for each of their first three seasons of participation. I'd say that if they wanted to make such a ruling they'd need the higher majority rather than the straight 50/50.

No reasonable person would read the 'omission' of the entry position being the lowest league as an indication that entry at any level was possible.

I think it would be very dangerous legally for them to assume this can be done on a 50/50 vote if that's the rationale they're using.

Why do people insist on inventing this nonsense?

It doesn't even say in SFL rules that every member has to be in a division, it just says there has to be 3 divisions with 10 members in each. (You don't even have to be a football club - associations can in theory join SFL). In practical terms Dundee or Dunfermline are going to be leaving anyway.

They'll presumably have made an application.

And it doesn't require audited accounts. It's clear under 22.2 that Green can have until 1st June 2013 to submit his return, and/or can submit "financial statements" as "reported on" by an "independent accountant". That's significantly more relaxed.

Your "misunderstanding on the legal standing of articles of association" is evidently contrary to the interpretation of SFL's lawyers... and Rule 9 makes it clear that clubs can admit members under any conditions or terms as they like and without mention of a requirement to enter the Third Division (which is a stupid loophole but nonetheless an extant one).

The fact that you have a difference of opinion does not make my interpretation of this any less valid. I assume that you have legal experience and have run a company. If so you will know how articles restrict what can be performed by the officers of the company.

Also Item 5 the word "league" in this context is organisation that is the SFL so how can 31 clubs be divided into 3 divisions of 10??????

In regards to not having to be in a division, Go and read the Articles again and tell me where is allows for a member to not be in a division, specifically 2.3 where the objects explicitly state that the organisation exists to provide

a League Competition. These are the objects of the entity, ie what they exist for and must be fulfilled.

I have never seen him and I am there nearly every week. He also did not put any effort in to saving Airdrionians but seems to be trying his best to help another club!!

Tam Cowan put more effort into saving Airdrionians than that fat turd!

I'm disappointed Alex Thomson is being subjected to stupid questions rather than being given the opportunity to give his analysis on what has happened and what is still happening.

I'm disappointed Alex Thomson is being subjected to stupid questions rather than being given the opportunity to give his analysis on what has happened and what is still happening.

Probably should be on Sportsound instead of off the ball. It is the most petty and ill informed football show afterall! :D

I think he said everything required in the first 10 seconds, he's used to reporting under fire.

Great point from the Dons fan who sent in

"Whats the difference between kids in Glasgow wearing Man City strips and kids in Brechin wearing Sevco strips?"

Archie's response to that shows he's not at the races anymore, didn't understand the point at all.

Edited by Macshimmy