Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1341658051[/url]' post='6407123']

How much would these subscribers be expected to pay for a single product package?

Sky and ESPN are able to sell a their packages on the draw of the EPL, and pad it put with SPL, La Liga etc, and while the subs are primarily paying for the EPL deal, the rest adds value to the subscriber.

I subscribe to sky sports, partially out of habit, but don't subscribe to ESPN for the off chance my team is on, and they are only an extra £10 a month. sky currently cover most of my tv viewing football needs. Diluting to multiple suppliers each with their own pricing is not attractive.

If SPLTV was say £5, and you got 1/2 million subscribers, you're looking at only £2,500,000 a month, and have to pay all the associated taxes and costs to run it. Would that be enough? even then, £5 a month for a single product that only runs 10 months of the year is relatively steep.

If you had read my post, I'm not advocating a single product package, but a Scottish Sport TV channel.

The numbers were based on the subscribers of Setanta, before they got EPL on board and the main draw was the SPL.

£10 a month is what ESPN UK currently charge I believe, that would be the level at which this could be set.

I'm no business or TV expert, so there may well be glaring holes that are being missed!!!

1341658771[/url]' post='6407156']

If Newco rightly start in the 3rd division then who would be promoted from the various leagues? For the 1st division would it be Airdrie that are promoted or Ayr Utd not relegated?

Could the teams then take it to the CoS?

Maybe more reason Regan wants Newco in the 1st.

In the past (Gretna and Livingston as examples) it has been the losing play off finalist. Would be so again.

This whole saga has just been like an extended version of "Call my Bluff". Since the beginning, all we have had, has been a never-ending procession of people telling us that "We cant do that"

"We cant refuse the CVA"

"We cant let Rangers die"

"We cant have an SPL without Rangers/Newco"

"We cant survive without Rangers/Newco"

All these statements have been listened to, and rejected. So now we have another,

"We cant have Newco in the 3rd division"

It is now up to the chairmen of the SFL to continue "calling the bluff" of the doom-mongers, and say;

"We can, and we will"

I'm going to be a bit crazy here and suggest that Rangers fully expected that under no circumstance would Scottish football stand up to them and they were too big to die.

The EBT scam and the Whyte year were never supposed to get to this stage and the fact it did is the best compliment i can pay to people on here and other "keyboard warriors"

Their is no doubt in my mind that sevco would've kept their SPL place if it wasn't for the various emails and public outrage that were heard.

'He also looked at the possibility of buying Carlisle, but believes we cannot merge with an English club. We would have to start at the bottom of the conference if we were to go to England'.

I am sure the members of the 8 levels and numerous divisions below the Conference in the North of England will be surprised to learn that news. It seems not content with getting parachuted through 2 divisions in their own country, they now want to consider doing 4x worse in mine!!

For future reference Charlie Boy, this is how the English Pyramid works in my part of the world;

1-Premier League

2-Championship

3-League One

4-League Two

5-Conference

6-Conference North

7-Northern Premier League Premier Division (Unibond Premier)

8-Northern Premier League First Division (Unibond First Division)

9-Northern League Division One

10-Northern League Division Two

11-Northern Alliance Premier Division or Wearside League

12-Northern Alliance Division One

13-Northern Alliance Division Two

I have used the North East side of the country for the above example as its where I am and what I know best, but a similar tree exists on the North Western side and a lot of the most Northerly Cumbria based sides play in the North East anyway.

The Wearside League at level 11 is therefore the lowest that any new team can enter the pyramid and they are running at 22 teams next season and have no vacancies. Both the Wearside league and the Northern Alliance have additional feeder leagues but these are not within the pyramid and access to both leagues is by election by the member clubs. Both leagues are currently full. I would suggest a good starting point for Newco Rangers would be either the North Northumberland League (level 14) and gain acceptance into the Northern Alliance Division Two having proved their worth at the lower level. With unbroken success we could see them reaching the heights of the conference by 2022 at the earliest and the Premier League by 2026. They could be back playing in Europe through league position by 2027!!

Edited by Roker Rover

This whole saga has just been like an extended version of "Call my Bluff". Since the beginning, all we have had, has been a never-ending procession of people telling us that "We cant do that"

"We cant refuse the CVA"

"We cant let Rangers die"

"We cant have an SPL without Rangers/Newco"

"We cant survive without Rangers/Newco"

All these statements have been listened to, and rejected. So now we have another,

"We cant have Newco in the 3rd division"

It is now up to the chairmen of the SFL to continue "calling the bluff" of the doom-mongers, and say;

"We can, and we will"

Spot on. Every time the 'establishment' have been challenged on this issue they have buckled. May be it's time to adopt the Obama slogan.

Can we force newco into the 3rd division. YES WE CAN!!!!

It's not for me to decide who can post what - but really, have we learned nothing from this?

Daily Record articles should not be appearing on this thread as a credible news source.

However as an item of ridicule their fair game.

I'm glad Hutton is all over this.

If all the chairmen were like that gullible shitbag at Stenny then Newco would be already in the 1st.

I think I'll just support Raith next season, that's what I call leadership. Accies continue to be mealy mouthed and it looks like they are wanting an SPL2.

I think the oddest thing that's happened in this entire endeavour is that Off The Ball is now an essential piece of listening.

Yeah I know. lol

The only place in media where we hear pretty much what we all are saying.

In the past (Gretna and Livingston as examples) it has been the losing play off finalist. Would be so again.

How could you have the runners up of the Second and Third divisions going up after all this but the runner up of the First staying down? Get Dundee up. It's a simple decision.

I was just perusing the Tam cowan column in the daily R*kers wbesite, I thought Hmmm I wonder what the fat boy traytor is gobbing off about?

On clicking on his link, I received this message

404 object not found ph34r.gif

Has he walked or been pushed(with some effort!!)laugh.gif

I think the oddest thing that's happened in this entire endeavour is that Off The Ball is now an essential piece of listening.

Their both proper fans. I've seen Cosgrove at umpteen Saints games, always pays to get in and always sits with the rank and file. Absolutly no whiff of the superiority complex that literally drips off your usual media types.

Its no surprise to me him and Cowan are giving a balanced, objective and fan orientated appraisal of the situation. Its a welcome alternative to the Traynors, Chicos and Keevins off the west coast media.

Their both proper fans. I've seen Cosgrove at umpteen Saints games, always pays to get in and always sits with the rank and file. Absolutly no whiff of the superiority complex that literally drips off your usual media types.

Its no surprise to me him and Cowan are giving a balanced, objective and fan orientated appraisal of the situation. Its a welcome alternative to the Traynors, Chicos and Keevins off the west coast media.

If Traynor happens to get a Saturday afternoon off, is he ever seen at any ground which Airdrie are playing at??