Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Traynor is a fud. This must the Sportsound show reserved for fuds.

Traynor loves the fact that people hate him as long as they listen to him.

Talking shit and winding people up is his angle.

Re the sky deal - there's only so much negotiating you can do when there's only one deal on the table

This is key.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current deal was drawn up after the collapse of the Setanta deal. Sky and ESPN joined together for a bid, and were essentially the only bidders.

That pretty much remains the position until next season, when BT are launching their own sport coverage. At that stage, you can have more of a bidding war and get a more realistic price for the coverage.

The big fault with the Sky deal is the length of the contract. It was a rescue package after Setanta. It should've only ever been for 6 months or a year.

I'm not sure how much Doncaster and Regan's nationality has to do with their understanding of things. I just think they're shite at their jobs, and full of corporate-speak psycho-babble fcuking bollocks.

If I have to hear the cockwomble waffle one more time about delivering a quality product to achieve quantum returns in a customer-driven marketplace going forward.... I might not be responsible for my actions.

post-11339-0-57079300-1341667596_thumb.j

No doubt they are inept but having spent a decade down south from nineties to 2001 the only media coverage of Scottish footy there is the of....which may explain the ease with which they swallow the of is Scottish football pish. I imagine they'd both be shocked to learn Aberdeen has won more European trophies than Celtic or oldco. The next people on don't have to be Scottish but they must have in depth knowledge of the game hee outwith of propaganda

Father Stone's doing a good job right now.

Edit: a superb job. And fair enough, Falkirk are a model for how to go about adjusting from TV whoredom to self-sufficiency right now.

Edited by Thumper

This would indicate his negotiation skills have also been lamentable.. http://saintinasia.w...pare-to-europe/

If you base your assessment on comparing apples with pears.

As has been noted we suffer from a lack of national broadcasters competing over the product, and we also generate more ££ per game than many of those countries... if we could put every game on TV spread over Friday eve, Saturday am+eve, Sunday aft+eve, Monday eve I'm sure we'd get more money.

We'd also get outrage from fans - and likely impact on attendances.

It's from January. Please to be checking the date of articles before posting them.

Apologies. Too excited.

Why is he still here then?

Edit Thumper, I only found the date after a bit of searching on the page.

I will be more careful in future. Promise.

Post now deleted 1984 style.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Turned on SportsSound, heard Traynor tell me to put my hatred of Rangers behind me (which i dont have) then turned it off.

I'll listen when something happens but not going to waste 2 hours of life listening to a man who wants them in the SPL, SFL1 and SFL3 dependant on any given moment. I'll waste that on listening to a rain report from Silverstone.

Cant even be bothered writing what Traynor is anymore, we all know, but then again we are ill-informed, biased, prejudiced, deluded morons who are hellbent on ruining scottish football :lol: .

If Traynor didn't agree with Hutton's comments, why did he not properly challenge him at the time when they were both live on the radio? Complete shitebag of a man.

Re the sky deal - there's only so much negotiating you can do when there's only one deal on the table

Come the end of the current deal we dont know how many parties may be interested but negotiations will be much easier if the head of the sfa doesn't keeping telling lies to talk the brand down and attempting to corrupt the league thus making the brand toxic.

This is key.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current deal was drawn up after the collapse of the Setanta deal. Sky and ESPN joined together for a bid, and were essentially the only bidders.

That pretty much remains the position until next season, when BT are launching their own sport coverage. At that stage, you can have more of a bidding war and get a more realistic price for the coverage.

The big fault with the Sky deal is the length of the contract. It was a rescue package after Setanta. It should've only ever been for 6 months or a year.

Doncaster hasn't even got Sky to sign the current shitty contract. He's had plenty time since the collapse of Setanta to talk with other partners, and to at least use the apparantly positive potential of an SPL TV to get an improved deal. Any clause that says certain clubs must not be demoted is not acceptable, and I doubt if FIFA would countenance it if they were aware of it.