Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This is key.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current deal was drawn up after the collapse of the Setanta deal. Sky and ESPN joined together for a bid, and were essentially the only bidders.

That pretty much remains the position until next season, when BT are launching their own sport coverage. At that stage, you can have more of a bidding war and get a more realistic price for the coverage.

The big fault with the Sky deal is the length of the contract. It was a rescue package after Setanta. It should've only ever been for 6 months or a year.

Yep, basically:

* Setanta deal to 2008-09... £13.5M p/a

* Setanta replacement... £25M p/a (scrubbed)

* Sky-ESPN from 2009-10... £13M p/a

* Sky-ESPN from 2012-13... £16M p/a

However it should be remembered that Sky-ESPN's "5yr deal" is actually 3yrs with a 2yr option for SPL. This wasn't exercised and a new deal for £16M p/a was due to come in (it was again a "5yr deal" but quite possibly 3+2?).

No broadcaster would pay for only 6months, IMO, and insisting on only 1yr deals you'd probably get you a lower offer.

Pressley has went up in my estimation over recent years. I think he talked some utter bollocks while trying to keep Falkirk in the SPL, but following relegation, he certainly seems to have screwed the nut.

In short, we need more guys like Spence, Cosgrove, Pressley and Turnbull 'crusher' Hutton, and less of Traynor, Hateley, Burley and Keevins.

Traynor basically saying that the SFL is the body talking sense APART from Turnbull Hutton?! Get him to f**k!

A slight on Turnbull Hutton is a slight on us all. Social unrest?

Re: Traynor's comment on other Clubs going bust if Sevco fall. So be it. If other Clubs can't manage their finances then they too deserve to die. We carry on.

Statement on behalf of the Moonbeam household:

Following a meeting of the household on Saturday July 7th at 14:45, we have decided to boycott the BBC's 'Sportsound' programme until Jim Spence comes back aff his holiday.

We not taken this decision lightly, but our main consideration at all times is for our own mental well being and the need to minimise our blood pressure.

Statement ends.

Father Stone's doing a good job right now.

Edit: a superb job. And fair enough, Falkirk are a model for how to go about adjusting from TV whoredom to self-sufficiency right now.

Correct. We made a profit last season for the first time in many.

Doncaster hasn't even got Sky to sign the current shitty contract. He's had plenty time since the collapse of Setanta to talk with other partners, and to at least use the apparantly positive potential of an SPL TV to get an improved deal.

Wasn't that prettymuch what happened though? A year ago they commissioned the study into SPL TV... then Sky-ESPN came back with a new offer worth £16M p/a instead of £13M p/a... then the clubs agreed to it over SPL TV.

Any clause that says certain clubs must not be demoted is not acceptable, and I doubt if FIFA would countenance it if they were aware of it.

There's no such clause.

There seemingly is a clause enabling renegotiation/severance if certain clubs aren't participating.

It's presumably there as broadcasters specified it or paid more due to it.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Any clause that says certain clubs must not be demoted is not acceptable.

There's no such clause.

There seemingly is a clause enabling renegotiation/severance if certain clubs aren't participating.

It's presumably there as broadcasters specified it or paid more due to it.

What's the difference? blink.gif

Traynor really is all over the place. He can't finish a single coherent argument without veering off into silly rhetoric and ludicrous strawmen. Rob McLean is just as bad. Here's a tip, Rob, when your colleague is insulting the intelligence of your listeners it's a bad idea to agree with every comment he makes.

Having the audacity to pretend that they agree with Pressley when he contradicted every significant point. They've got some gall.

Edited by Pull My Strings

SFL Board: Let us choose...please...we're desperate

Aye shite should they be choosing. NewCo don't have a license to play. The decision lies with the board who are listening to the fans. The SFA failed in governance. The SPL failed in governance. Why the f**k would we let another governing body try to decide what league Rangers should be playing in. They're utter fools if they think we'll be content with what they choose. It isn't even subtle. NewCo are a new company, they should apply for the third with other teams.

Edited by rw89

Does anyone here still buy a newspaper? Only people I ever see buying them in shops are old duffers.

I'm an old duffer and I don't buy them.

I don't know who is worse. Traynor for talking out his dunger, no surprise there then, or McLean for practically rimming him.mad.gif

On a positive note, well done Elvis. Well said that man biggrin.gif