Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Also Item 5 the word "league" in this context is organisation that is the SFL so how can 31 clubs be divided into 3 divisions of 10??????

In regards to not having to be in a division, Go and read the Articles again and tell me where is allows for a member to not be in a division, specifically 2.3 where the objects explicitly state that the organisation exists to provide a League Competition. These are the objects of the entity, ie what they exist for and must be fulfilled.

It doesn't say the clubs will be divided into 3 divisions of 10. It says the league will be divided into 3 divisions, with 10 members in each. As I noted you don't even have to be a club to be a member - so how is that possible if everyone has to be a club playing in a division? And 2.3 doesn't imply that everyone has to play in a Division either.

Anyway, we know what's going to occur.

There is going to be a space as Dundee or Dunfermline are going to move-up, and there is going to be a vote over what to do about Rangers approach.

However if anyone in the 'No' camp adheres to your position, and it's correct, they can equally move to bring the whole process to a halt. I haven't seen suggestions anyone intends to, though.

I'm going to be a bit crazy here and suggest that Rangers fully expected that under no circumstance would Scottish football stand up to them and they were too big to die.

The EBT scam and the Whyte year were never supposed to get to this stage and the fact it did is the best compliment i can pay to people on here and other "keyboard warriors"

Their is no doubt in my mind that sevco would've kept their SPL place if it wasn't for the various emails and public outrage that were heard.

In addition to that, Doncaster surely didnt expect that Scottish Football, and by that I mean the club chairman AND the fans, would stand up to them. I am very confident that the fan pressure which led to Newco's rejection from the SPL ( and I agree that there would have been a majority vote in favour had there been an absence of fan pressure) will be replicated by the fans of the SFL clubs, even though it seems that a substantial proportion of the SFL chairman are already on board with rejection of the SFL1 proposal.

Unless HMRC find a route to resurrect it, the EBT scam is dead and buried IMO and it seems quite clear that they are going after Whyte and Murray rather than the entity which is and was RFC. The worst/best that is going to happen there is that Newco RFC will have 20 years of titles and trophies scrubbed from the record books as part of a token 'cleansing' process.

Its quite refreshing that Scottish football culture has moved so quickly to a state where turning a blind eye isnt an option anymore. Doncaster, Regan and, to a lesser extent, Longmuir, arent quite up to speed on that yet, but I'd imagine they will be after next Friday.

Bit off topic, but does this tweet about Murray reaching the Wimbers final demonstrate the difference between the OF glory hunting section and the diddies or is it just typical of the pessimistic view of Jocks generally?

Monty Hoops@junglenumber8@rangerstaxcase lets hold out on the congrats till he actually wins #letshopeitsnotanothergloriousfailure

In which I offer some thoughts on the likelihood of BDO, liquidators of Rangers Football Club PLC, seeking to “reduce” the sale of the assets and business of Rangers to Sevco and suggest that one of the Sevco Directors seems to have dug a large hole for his business by his statement this week.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/07/sevco-director-admits-rangers-assets-bought-at-undervalue-liquidator-should-take-assets-back/

I feel that it is likely that my club will vote for entry into the first. This is solely down to the threats announced by Doncaster and Reagan in relation to SPL 2 and the restrictive nature off the entry requirements. I feel depressed after hearing what was said at the SFL meeting and I spent a long time before deciding to still vote for them to join the third. I feel I will be in the minority and I don't blame our board, but leave my anger for the SPL, SFA SKY Sports and SPL Clubs.

In addition to that, Doncaster surely didnt expect that Scottish Football, and by that I mean the club chairman AND the fans, would stand up to them. I am very confident that the fan pressure which led to Newco's rejection from the SPL ( and I agree that there would have been a majority vote in favour had there been an absence of fan pressure) will be replicated by the fans of the SFL clubs, even though it seems that a substantial proportion of the SFL chairman are already on board with rejection of the SFL1 proposal.

Unless HMRC find a route to resurrect it, the EBT scam is dead and buried IMO and it seems quite clear that they are going after Whyte and Murray rather than the entity which is and was RFC. The worst/best that is going to happen there is that Newco RFC will have 20 years of titles and trophies scrubbed from the record books as part of a token 'cleansing' process.

Its quite refreshing that Scottish football culture has moved so quickly to a state where turning a blind eye isnt an option anymore. Doncaster, Regan and, to a lesser extent, Longmuir, arent quite up to speed on that yet, but I'd imagine they will be after next Friday.

Yep there's no doubt that fifteen yrs ago oldco would have got away with this Scot free as would the sfa spl and Indeed the MSM. Re media it feels like a tipping point as they have been left so far from the mood of real fans it's laughable. I get the impression that the BBC is waking up but the likes of Chico and traynor need to be left with the dying tabloids. Social media in general and this thread in particular have shown them up. Regan and doncaster must go asap...dunno if its just cos they are English and grew up only hearing about the of but their zeal to corrupt the sport here purely for newcos sake suggests they have no idea how strong Scottish football was prior to sdm. Either way they need to go and take Ogilvy with them. By no means are all the battles won but fan power has already made a massive difference in a very short time

Edited by Highland Dogma

Archie's use of the word PROE-DUCT is becoming ridiculous in quantum. Learn to talk properly hair piece!

It's annoying the feck out of me as well. Hairspray is a product, football is a game. Is it pre dementia he's got or just a complete lack of understanding

of words really mean. Buy him a dictionary for xmas. Too many jargon filled pus balls in the media.

But on a positive note it's pishing doon (possibly biblical proportions) for the walk. why do I feel like throwing a bar of soap as they pass by in the rain?