Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't quite understand the annoyance people feel with Sky over this situation. From a business perspective (and Sky are a profiteering company, not a charity), they have paid comparatively little to the Scottish game and still ended up with a schedule filler every week. Why should they pay more than they have to?

Perhaps people's ire should be more directed to the BBC considering the disparity in money being paid to the EPL/SPL for highlights.

Yep there's no doubt that fifteen yrs ago oldco would have got away with this Scot free as would the sfa spl and Indeed the MSM. Re media it feels like a tipping point as they have been left so far from the mood of real fans it's laughable. I get the impression that the BBC is waking up but the likes of Chico and traynor need to be left with the dying tabloids. Social media in general and this thread in particular have shown them up. Regan and doncaster must go asap...dunno if its just cos they are English and grew up only hearing about the of but their zeal to corrupt the sport here purely for newcos sake suggests they have no idea how strong Scottish football was prior to sdm. Either way they need to go and take Ogilvy with them. By no means are all the battles won but fan power has already made a massive difference in a very short time

I'm not sure how much Doncaster and Regan's nationality has to do with their understanding of things. I just think they're shite at their jobs, and full of corporate-speak psycho-babble fcuking bollocks.

If I have to hear the cockwomble waffle one more time about delivering a quality product to achieve quantum returns in a customer-driven marketplace going forward.... I might not be responsible for my actions.

post-11339-0-57079300-1341667596_thumb.j

Thanks for that 6 month old story :lol:

(he didnt go!)

He doesn't do walking away.

I don't quite understand the annoyance people feel with Sky over this situation.

Quite. They paid the market rate. It's the fault of those in charge of negotiating to do better. The most important thing is that there has been absolutely no evidence outside of the Hampden backrooms and Traynor's shitey sources that they're planning on cancelling what they already have.

I'm not sure how much Doncaster and Regan's nationality has to do with their understanding of things. I just think they're shite at their jobs, and full of corporate-speak psycho-babble fcuking bollocks.

If I have to hear the cockwomble waffle one more time about delivering a quality product to achieve quantum returns in a customer-driven marketplace going forward.... I might not be responsible for my actions.

post-11339-0-57079300-1341667596_thumb.j

Whoever replaces Doncaster mustn't have been anywhere near an MBA course. Dickhead + MBA = Cockwomble.

‘In terms of getting the Scottish Premier League Chief Executive’s position, my previous football experience was undoubtedly relevant. In this job I need to –

think strategically and financially - there’s always pressure to increase the income available for the member clubs

stand up and speak publically and make regular appearances in the national media

negotiate skilfully – for example when renegotiating broadcasting deals with Sky, ESPN or the BBC and in relation to other commercial sponsorships.’

‘I raised the level of my game in all these skill areas when I was with Norwich City. For example, I was a frequent commentator in the national media on professional football policy, made appearances on Radio 4’s Today programme and wrote articles for several regional and national papers. As Chief Executive of Norwich City I had to think strategically, of course, and lead the club’s drive to improve its income.’

‘But whenever I reflect on why my application was successful, I think there was another factor too.’

‘In 2005 I was looking at what I might do by way of personal development, to maximise my performance at Norwich City and to take the next level up in my career if the chance arose. I looked at the part-time MBA at Norwich Business School. It made sense to me - the studies were spread over 27 months and lectures and seminars were cleverly clustered into regular blocks of time - I knew I could continue to be effective at Norwich City and study a masters degree at the same time. Besides, UEA was within easy reach for me and it did not take long to get to the University from the football club or the city centre.’

‘I started the Executive MBA a few months after making the decision to apply and I finished in 2008. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, worked hard and left UEA with a masters degree with distinction and the winner of the Business School Prize in that year.’

‘The business school’s MBA was a properly constructed and well-rounded course. As I went through the various modules, I felt as if I was stopping up any gaps in my knowledge and skills base. When I left UEA I thought of myself as someone who had spent two years raising the level of their performance in the areas where they had had less experience.’

‘As a result, when I came to apply for the post of Chief Executive of the Scottish Premier League, I had a strong sense of self-belief; I knew I could do that job. I knew that I was a resourceful and multitalented manager, capable of working at the highest level, in all areas of the role from finance to handling the media. And thanks to the MBA coursework, I felt as if there wasn’t really any major chink in my armour - there wasn’t any area of business in which I hadn’t had some relevant experience.’

‘I don’t think I was successful in getting my Scottish Premier League Chief Exec’s job solely because of my MBA, but the learning process and varied nature of the experience undoubtedly helped.’

http://business.uea.ac.uk/our-alumni-where-are-they-now/neil-doncaster

You've got to admire one thing about Traynor, which is that he's the fucking slipperiest lizard on the face of the earth. A chameleon with a cloaking field. If there werne't evidence to the contrary documented in staggering detail in places like this thread, you'd think he'd been a populist in favour of referm throughout this entire debacle from listening to him now.

Had to give up on Sportsound , Traynor and Robertson along with Rob McLean have no interest apart from saving ZombieRangers. The games fucked with these aresholes giving opinions

Yeah. Its not fit to lace Off the Ball's boots. Kind of sad that the Beeb see it as their "serious analysis" program.

It's seriously dreadful. Traynor just said Turnbull Hutton's statement was "basically bilge"

on_off.jpg

Traynor's self-interest will dictate the direction of Sportsound and they don't have anyone on there to keep him in check.

Leggo said Traynor was well informed. That's an indication of his level of drivel.

It's a strange old world - Neil Doncaster has an MBA (with Distinction!!) and won the School Prize of the Year, and though it's probably hundreds of pages back, weren't Duff & Phelps named Corporate Advisors of the Year just last month :lol:?

(Tbf, I suppose Doncaster's financial performance has probably been perfectly admirable in his employer's eyes. It's been his poor handling of PR which has batterred him).

This would indicate his negotiation skills have also been lamentable.. http://saintinasia.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/the-sfaspl-tv-myth-how-we-compare-to-europe/

This thread really is ready to go the way of its subject. It should be locked and pinned as an example of change for the better in Scottish football.

Like many have said on here, 10 years ago Sevco would still have been in the SPL. Of course the red tops, radio stations and 'official' media would never admit it

the power of this site has been shown. Not by any political or subversive leanings, purely by being a great centralisation of information regarding the whole Rangers fiasco.

Like many i would have just got my information from the papers and news stations which have been shown up to be slanted and oblivious to the general consensus of scottish

football fans. Even each clubs own fansites have certain 'agendas' which would be shot down in here in a second. Long before administration threads about the Whyte takeover and TBTC blog were available. Once administration started further blogs where posted so you could get a wide spectrum of views and 'truths' that where being whitewashed by the mainstream media.

The pure volume of interest and strong feeling towards what had been happening over the last decade and further back had a place to blossom as fans from all clubs could gauge others feelings on the matter.

Long may the fans actually have a voice again, and it is hilarious watching some of the journos backtracking and will be even funnier in the next couple of years as there predictions of and end of scottish football are proved wrong. Vive la revolution. biggrin.gif

To Traynor. No I shall NOT stop the petty bickering. No I shall NOT forget about Rangers ripping off HMRC and cheating Scottish Football for years. And no, Sevco to Div 1 is NOT a solution as you say. Traynor you are a fud. I never thought you'd sink lower in my estimation but you've certainly done that. You are a fud fud fud. :angry::angry:

Edited by GunnerBairn

Just f**k off Traynor :angry:

Starting to go about these phantom 'punishments' without mentioning that it is all self-inflicted and not actually punishments. John Robertson is being infected by Traynor's buffoonery.

As for calling King Turbull's statement as 'bilge' - I wish Sammy would 'fix' the brakes on his car :angry:

Traynor's self-interest will dictate the direction of Sportsound and they don't have anyone on there to keep him in check.

Traynor is a fud. This must be the Sportsound show reserved for fuds.

Edited by GunnerBairn