Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Tbf, it should be remembered that the Board isn't made-up of 8 clubs. It's made up of 9 people (including Longmuir) whose constituency of election was their belonging to a club.

They sit on the Board as individuals and, for example, it's not a case of the own committtee instructing them on how to vote. Although, of course, some may be influenced by their club's interest and their colleagues views.

The SFL board is made up of representatives from the clubs I named, which includes Longmuir, who is an employee of the SFL.

They may be individuals, but sit on their own clubs boards and sent to the SFL to represent their club. Therefore, they are accountable to their own club and must accept responsibility for their actions.

I hope as many people as possible can make it along to Stark's Park on Tuesday, to demonstrate support for Turnbull Hutton. We need to show that those with integrity will be rewarded financially.

http://www.raithrove...formation-5.htm

Come on, ICT central belters. Support Raith and watch County (hopefully) get a kicking at the same time. A bargain for £10.

Wish I could go but work does not permit. RRFC should set up some kind of ticket gifting scheme - I'd happily pay for a couple of tickets for local kids to attend.

What ires me slightly is that everyone seems to be getting uppety about the notion of Sevco being 'parachuted' into the 1st Division, yet are failing to acknowlege that a placement in the 3rd equally would represent a 'parachute' (into the SFL).

I remain of the view that Sevco should only be considered as an applicant for any vacancy which may arise, and their application considered on it's merits as against any others which come in.

Edited by Claymores

Rangers had run a tax scheme that HMRC regarded as evasion.

Rangers had a 'case to answer' that allied to this tax scheme the players had dual contracts.

Rangers, under Craig Whyte, deliberately withheld NHI and VAT payments over a period of many months

The Rangers manager contributed to SFA tribunal panel members being abused and threatened by calling for names to be made public. Names he either already had or could easily get access to.

Rangers, or at least their representatives, took the SFA to a civil court in an attempt to have a 'penalty' that had already been appealed overturned.

Charles Green, the chief executive of newco Rangers has still refused to name his financial backers.

The Scottish footballing authorities response to all this is to ignore the overwhelming view of Scottish football fans, to try to intimidate and bully SFL clubs, to ignore the standard procedures and to minimise the impact on a newco Rangers.

I don't think this is over for HMRC.

The sale of Rangers assets at a knockdown price could be construed as a means of denying creditors monies owed. (Of which, HMRC is owed millions). I reckon we can standby for (yet another) investigation into Rangers.

The SFL board is made up of representatives from the clubs I named, which includes Longmuir, who is an employee of the SFL.

They may be individuals, but sit on their own clubs boards and sent to the SFL to represent their club. Therefore, they are accountable to their own club and must accept responsibility for their actions.

The bold is the incorrect bit. They're representing - as individuals - the league's membership in order to advance and safeguard the league's objectives. It's a subtle difference but it's not 8 clubs voting it's 8 (theoretically) independent people.

When they go to AGMs etc. they're representing their club. On the Board they're not. It's not 30 clubs letting 8 clubs decide things - it's 8 people decide things.

Wish I could go but work does not permit. RRFC should set up some kind of ticket gifting scheme - I'd happily pay for a couple of tickets for local kids to attend.

Brilliant idea. I'd gift a couple for sure.

It's the least thing we could do to support Turnbull Hutton, and a sellout would send a very clear message.

I'm sure this must have been worked out by someone 6000 pages back, but does anyone know what Stenhousemuir would theoretically get from a giant orc invasion several times a season, as opposed to their share of the SPL payment they are being blackmailed with?

They wouldn't get sixty grand from two home games. The important point here is that they're budgeting for a situation which would be so flagrantly corrupt that FIFA wouldn't allow it (reneging on the settlement). They don't even have the excuse of petty self-preservation that Dumbarton have. (And by the way, f**k Dumbarton.)

Edited by Thumper

Reading through the postings here I am surprised that people themselves seem surprised that various footballing bodies would come up with a decent answer to fix Scottish football difficulties. It's been going on for decades that the people in charge of our game savour established traditions rather than trying to inject interest in football.

For example, a parliamentary report into the organisation of Scottish football once declared:

"It is obvious that vested interests are a major barrier inhibiting Scottish football re-structuring...The SFA/SPL/SFL are neither strong enough to drive through reform or weak enough to allow one to attempt radical change."

Christ, even a 1968 report into football organisation stated "The central direction and leadership of the game in Scotland is fragmented and weak".

Despite being surprising it is also refreshing that this overall scenario has led supporters to imagine alternative systems but for them to be implemented instead of fuelling dominance and greed I wouldn't hold my breath.

The bold is the incorrect bit. They're representing - as individuals - the league's membership in order to advance and safeguard the league's objectives. It's a subtle difference but it's not 8 clubs voting it's 8 (theoretically) independent people.

When they go to AGMs etc. they're representing their club. On the Board they're not. It's not 30 clubs letting 8 clubs decide things - it's 8 people decide things.

I would imagine you are technically correct, they are there as individuals and not representatives. They must take a decision based on a number of issues, one key issue being the views of paying supporters. It's not the only issue but, given we are talking about professional sport that is dependant upon paying fans, this must be a paramount consideration. There are various opinions on this matter but one think in indisputable, fans of Scottish football want newco in the third division at best ( there's a minority that don't want them at all).

The mainstream media have downplayed the overwhelming view of Scottish football fans; even the Sun who ran their own survey gave little prominence to the result. Every fan site, vote at 'consultative forums' on-line newspaper poll makes clear the fans' views. If the members of the SFL board don't know this they are not fit people to hold that position; if they no it and still choose to ignore it then he same applies.

Burley's masterpiece:

Burley is an idiot. Talking shite to the Old Firm's gloryhunting sofa fans on the telly is his limit.

I notice that the article is in the Daily Record, so you know the audience it's aimed at. The Record is like the Daily Mail, in that you think a little less of anyone you see reading it.

Edited by Scary Bear

I hope as many people as possible can make it along to Stark's Park on Tuesday, to demonstrate support for Turnbull Hutton. We need to show that those with integrity will be rewarded financially.

http://www.raithrove...formation-5.htm

Come on, ICT central belters. Support Raith and watch County (hopefully) get a kicking at the same time. A bargain for £10.

Has this got legs? Could the match be used as a focal point for our anger/dismay?

Sounds like a silly idea to me. Easier to "influence" 8 than 30.

But then again, maybe that was the original idea. I keep forgetting the machinations

that go on in clubs, societies, associations etc.

Lots of doublethink, which is often beyond me.

Anyone listen to the sportscotland podcast from yesterday? Steven Pressley was excellent and spoke a lot of sense - thank god not everyone has been taken in by this Doncaster/Regan/media scaremongering. He was spot on - the lack of leadership, seeking this an a opportunity for change not demise, the need to listen to supporters etc.

Meanwhile Traynor goes on about the good of the game nonsense. The mainstream media (tabloids, sky sports, talksport, Clyde 1 to name a few) has been so far removed from the general feeling amongst supporters. Hate this greater good notion that has taken its place alongside sporting integrity. There is no greater good in attempting to parachute a newco in div 1. It's corruption, it's greed, it's short termism, it's flawed.

Elvis made a great point - what if Rangers don't finish in the promotion places next year, are we just going to reconstruct again until they do? What is being proposed is something that is already predetermined...we CAN'T afford not to have Rangers newco away for 2 years.

Regan and Doncaster's positions within the SFA/SPL are untenable regardless of the outcome here.

They wouldn't get sixty grand from two home games. The important point here is that they're budgeting for a situation which would be so flagrantly corrupt that FIFA wouldn't allow it (reneging on the settlement). They don't even have the excuse of petty self-preservation that Dumbarton have. (And by the way, f**k Dumbarton.)

Cheers for that.

What is tragic is how small these numbers are in the outside football world. Maybe we could write to the EPL top earners and ask them to donate a week's wages once a year to sponsor a starving Scottish diddy team. Yaya Toure's weekly wage alone could pay for four diddy teams. :(

I do not read the Daily Mail and am therefore unfamiliar with Patrick Collins.

I've just looked up a couple of his pieces and, for an English based sports journalist,

he seems to be and knowledgeable and unbiased.

No doubt someone will disabuse me of this notion.

Patrick Collins is usually worth a read, although he has his own pet hates, chief among which is/was Terry Venables. Can't recall who his present bete noir is off hand.

ETA: I don't think he writes for the Daily Mail, just the Mail on Sunday

Edited by Jacksgranda

Sounds like a silly idea to me. Easier to "influence" 8 than 30.

But then again, maybe that was the original idea. I keep forgetting the machinations that go on in clubs, societies, associations etc.

Lots of doublethink, which is often beyond me.

Purpose of the Board is to conduct the business of the league in a more workable manner than collective meeting. It'd be a pretty unwieldy Board that had 30 people on it. It's like any company / group, with Executive/Board.

E.g. SFA = 7, SPL = 6

Didn't Burley's restaurant go bust costing loads of businesses money.

No doubt that was all the fault of the knuckle dragging idiots he had as customers though and the chip shop competition down the road that was 10 x smaller.