Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The following is a serious question - Does anybody know of a credible newspaper I could buy? Or maybe we could all get together and start our own.

Personally, I don't buy a newspaper anymore - complete waste of money. Best of them out there though, imo, is the Guardian.

Unlike some I don't think Sevco will go bust assuming, and it's a big assumption, that Charles Green is not obhut to asset strip them. Otherwise I think they're likely to get 15,000 - 20,000 at each home game and that will be enough to see them through division 3.

Of course there is going to have to be some reconciliation between Green and the fans, though people may opt to pay per game rather than advance him ST money.

One of the things he bought was the 'history'. If he does decide to asset strip I can just imagine him selling this to Bomber "No I won't sell you Ibrox, or Murray Park, or the players' contracts, but here Bomber what about 140 years of history for £100k. You can put 5 stars on your pyjamas.".

Nah even full houses twice a month wont cover costs certainly not at sfl three prices and frankly ill be amazed if they regularly break five thousand...first few games might attract decent attendances but the novelty of life in fourth tier will quickly fade.they'll have the same overheads they did when they had spl ticket prices Cl crowds spl prize and TV money and they were losing more than a million a month barring some players who are offski. Even that reduction wont be enough. Sfl three kills them off...tbf even sfl one probably would have to

Personally, I don't buy a newspaper anymore - complete waste of money. Best of them out there though, imo, is the Guardian.

The Guardian ? Yogurt knitter ! wink.giflaugh.gif

I think with any newspaper we have to read between the lines to get to the story and not the journalistic opinion.

Edited by sjc

I would advise people not to write off the De Stefano involvement. Here's a couple of thoughts,

1. He's in cahoots with Haudit & Daudit who can legitimately claim that any work they do in responding to his allegations bears directly on their work as administrators and is therefore chargeable.

2. He's not in cahoots with Haudit & Daudit but has uncovered some things they either would prefer not to be uncovered or will cause them problems/place them under further scrutiny; therefore will offer a payoff for him to disappear. Given the fact he has now, it would appear, purchased an interest in oldco they can't just ignore him.

3. He has taken the time and trouble to unravel some serious shit and will actually have grounds to raise a legal action against Haudit & Daudit. This will never see a court room of course but he will get about ten times more than he would under scenario 2 above.

Edited by Granny Danger

Maybe a daft question but that's never stopped me before ...di stefano bought shares in the rangers PLC??? Um I dont remember them being a plc? Thought. Whitey owned them? Di stefano did buy shares in the right company didn't he? Or did cw float them publicly? My head hurts now!!

listeningto sportsound nw. chick"defiant" young is a fud.

really gets himself worked up. were does rod stewart and his eating habbits got to do with sevco.

stuttering little balloon of a man.

Hopefully Chick will get home to find Rod Stewart at his table finishing off a lovely steak cooked by Chick's wife before being told "your on the couch tonight, Chick"

biggrin.gif

Lets see the wee c**t find room at his table for him in future after that !

I would advise people not to write off the De Stefano involvement. Here's a couple of thoughts,

1. He's in cahoots with Haudit & Daudit who can legitimately claim that any work they do in responding to his allegations bears directly on their work as administrators and is therefore chargeable.

2. He's not in cahoots with Haudit & Daudit but has uncovered some things they either would prefer not to be uncovered or will cause them problems/place them under further scrutiny; therefore will offer a payoff for him to disappear. Given the fact he has now, it would appear, purchased an interest in oldco they can't just ignore him.

3. He has taken the time and trouble to unravel some serious shit and will actually have grounds to raise a legal action against Haudit & Daudit. This will never see a court room of course but he will get about ten times more than he would under scenario 2 above.

hes been at them "special" cigarettes again tongue.gif

You'll be making excuses for the orcs behaviour next. Loony leftie forum for this pish. :lol:

Nah even full houses twice a month wont cover costs certainly not at sfl three prices and frankly ill be amazed if they regularly break five thousand...first few games might attract decent attendances but the novelty of life in fourth tier will quickly fade.they'll have the same overheads they did when they had spl ticket prices Cl crowds spl prize and TV money and they were losing more than a million a month barring some players who are offski. Even that reduction wont be enough. Sfl three kills them off...tbf even sfl one probably would have to

I totally agree. They may get high crowds at Ibrox for the first 9 home matches but after that the crowds will drop off to minus 10,000.

The upkeep/overheads (taxes, rates, wages to players and non playing staff, stewards/police, electrics, water, under-soil heating, etc) of a big stadium such as Ibrox is massive. They will be lucky if they actually finish the season due to lack of income.

Still to come:

1) The "Criminal Investigation" into the sale of the company (Murray to Whyte).

2) HMRC's "Forensic Investigation" into the mismanagement of the club during its last 25 years which led to its death.

3) BDO the company contracted by HMRC to Liquidate RFC (In Administration) may decide that the 300+ creditors, including HMRC wink.gif , who all together are owed a combined total of over £140 million with interest, have been ripped off by way of serious "fraud and deception" considering the way that Duff & Phelps conducted the administration and sale off all assets to Green for next to nothing.

4) The stripping of many titles and cups that RFC cheated to win using EBT'S - Dual-Contracts.

5) Much more - this story has a long way to go before it ends.

Edited by Itwiznaeme

So, you don't buy newspapers anymore but the best out of all the ones you don't buy is the Guardian ?

Ok !

Maybe a daft question but that's never stopped me before ...di stefano bought shares in the rangers PLC??? Um I dont remember them being a plc? Thought. Whitey owned them? Di stefano did buy shares in the right company didn't he? Or did cw float them publicly? My head hurts now!!

The Rangers FC is a plc... when Sir David Murray sold to Craig Whyte he sold 92,842,388 shares at 10p each, which was 85.3% of share capital. Trading was suspended after they failed to lodge their accounts (sparking that BBC documentary) so presumably di Stefano acquired a share privately.

If he's literally 1 share he's less than One One Hundred Millioneth of a stake.

The Guardian ? Yogurt knitter ! wink.giflaugh.gif

I think with any newspaper we have to read between the lines to get to the story and not the journalistic opinion.

I am a yoghurt knitter also.

However, the Guardian have barely reported on the Sevco fiasco., apart from some very poorly scribbled nonsense from H*n apologiist Ewan Murray early doors.

Yoghurt knitter? Eh? Go on, enlighten me.

Yoghurt Knitter11 up, 3 downn A mildly derogatory term for a tree hugging liberal. It combines yoghurt - the food of choice of hippies - with knitting - a reference to the arts and craft movement. It also carries slight overtones of being aw****r.

A yoghurt knitter is generally ineffectual. He impedes or tries to impede others rather than actually going out and doing something.The yoghurt knitters were at the meeting so naturally nothing got done.

I tried to build an extension on my house but the yoghurt knitters didn't like the design. They said it was too big or something.

I said, "Madam Chairman" but the yoghurt knitters said I had to call her "Chairperson".

PS - It was a joke btw

The Rangers FC is a plc... when Sir David Murray sold to Craig Whyte he sold 92,842,388 shares at 10p each, which was 85.3% of share capital. Trading was suspended after they failed to lodge their accounts (sparking that BBC documentary) so presumably di Stefano acquired a share privately.

If he's literally 1 share he's less than One One Hundred Millioneth of a stake.

So he stated. Iimr, the shares were listed on a secondary stock market, and all sales were 'effectively'' private anyways.