Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Somebody in Govan is, as we speak, composing a song entitled The Light Blues Blues.

All suggestions for lyrics gratefully received.

I woke up this morning,

Had me a real luxuriant shite,

Then I went to my workshop,

Made a bomb and a fuse,

Launched it into the hole called Ibrox,

An' that was the end of The Light Blues.

Eyethangyoo.

In 1900 due to financial and other problems, Dumbarton FC ceased to be and their membership of the Scottish League lapsed.

In 1908 a completely new Dumbarton FC was formed and applied successfully for membership of the Scottish League. The new club had no business connection with the old one.

However they played at the same ground, used the same crest and colours and assumed the honours (including two league championships and a Scottish Cup win) and history of the old club.

People appear to have just kind of accepted that.

Not true.Dumbarton did drop out of the league but the club that came back in was the same one.The suggestion that ther was no connection is simply wrong. They didn't become a company until 1913 .

FAO Mr A McCoist.

Stop greeting about being being punished enough.

This is punishment.

$60 million fine.

All wins in the seasons 1998 - 2011 wiped from the records.

Banned from post season play-offs for 4 years (no cup finals)

Restricted scholarships (unable to entice top talent).

5 years probation.

STV quoted that Beattie said he was only using the training facilities to get his fitness level back up.He said that was all,and has had no negotiations for any contract.

I never saw the article but I wasn't expecting either to sign. Training with sevco seems like a good thing to do from the players perspective, if you're looking for some exposure there is only one circus in town.

Edited by Invalid Probe

Ah right, so you weren't on the scene during their time as Airdrieonians? Maybe that makes a difference.

(I have spoken to a good number, I am along there from time to time.)

Once more you are very good at assuming,but also very wrong again.

I followed Airdrieonians as well,same reason,my local side.Next time you are along introduce us to these good number of fans who see us as the same club,and i will introduce you to many,many more who know WE ARE NOT THE OLD CLUB ANY MORE.

I have followed an Airdrie side in one form or another for more years than i care to remember,both home and away,and i can assure you these so called people are very quiet,and if do as you say are very small in number.

We all KNOW that the holding company of "Rangers Football Club PLC " is going to die and that is that end off and consigned to history as dissolved dead as a dodo.

What has bothered me is the SFA members and associate members and licences talk !.

Is an SFA member a member in the professional leagues SPL,1st,2nd &3rd divisions and a an associate member a junior team who can play in the Scottish cup or any other cup run by the SFA ?.

Also the licence that "Rangers PLC" holds has a serial number that has passed at least 3 times through the oldco as a club then Ltd and PLC as the owners of the licence given out by the SFA !.

The trading company that holds the licence "Rangers PLC" is about to be liquidated DEAD as a DODO ! is the licence considered an asset here ?,and the licence is still a valid licence issued whenever the SFA gave it to the oldco.? so does by Green procuring said licence ensure the continuation of the SFA membership licence for a football club within the SFA itself ?.

1, The Rangers PLC trading company will be liquidated and dissolved,dead,defunct,killed and anything that says that it is DEAD.

2, The licence ! this is still alive,valid and still in the possession of the oldco and Green wants it.

3, If Green does not get the licence then the history that comes with obtaining the oldco's licence is lost forever COMPLETELY as the SFA will have expelled the club and annulled the licence as void and defunct.

4, If Green acquires the licence for his newco then has he obtained the oldco's history as a continuation of the current SFA licence that the oldco once owned and is now the valid owner but the trading company "Rangers PLC" that once owned it will die eventually.

5, Because the licence is a current valid licence within the SFA the licence itself has it history attached to it and can may be used by the new owners as the licence came with the previous owners titles cups and achievements ?.

6, If the licence gives Green the oldco's history then he certainly should accept any punitive measures and sanctions before obtaining the valid SFA licence as a continuation of the licence once held by "Rangers PLC".The licence is not the trading company it is the right to play football professionally issued by the SFA itself and will be on the SFA records that this licence is linked to any achievements to whomever owns it,not that green's team has ever won anything but the licence will always be connected to the trading company "Rangers PLC" as long as it is a valid licence to play football.

7' Green could have easily obtained a new licence and the SFA would have bent over faster than a piece of wet toilet paper in a high wind to issue him one regardless of 3 years accounts.But this would made certain that the Rangers PLC that held the SFA licence he wanted was completely dead and the licence would then be voided and his team would be issued a different licence number to the one the oldco once owned making Green's Rangers a completely new football team.

8, If Green wants the history of the licence to be a continuation of the licence and it's benefits of previous owners attached achievements so he can say "WE ARE STILL THE RANGERS" then his company should accept any wrong doing from the previous owner Rangers PLC and take it up the erse without lube all the punishments and sanctions and fines and loss of cups/titles and mandatory requirements before getting the licence.Then they can truly say we have been duly punished and we are still the Rangers as we have the SFA licence that we have always had and is the same licence the oldco won titles cups.

9, We will always remember that the club at Ibrox calling themselves Rangers were cheating tax dodging EBT using b@stards and forever will no matter who owns them.

FAO Mr A McCoist.

This is punishment.

$60 million fine.

5 years probation.

And they feel they got off lightly, considering the 'death penalty' was an option.

Don't know if this has been answered before, but if the The Rangers game is postponed on Saturday, do Brechin City get a walkover?

It looks like the SFL would have to decide between a postponement or a walkover if the SFA don't grant membership in time. If they refuse membership before Saturday, then either it would be postponed to give time for another club to be invited in to the SFL, or Brechin would get a by.

FAO Mr A McCoist.

This is punishment.

$60 million fine.

5 years probation.

I would venture that prolonged child abuse being covered up by the club is a bit worse than financial doping.

Severe penalties nevertheless and more than a few people are going to get their jotters! I would also imagine that Penn State will lose a fair few students as well. College football in the US is ridiculously popular.

Because Hearts are up to their necks drowning in debt due not living within their means financially, The Cheating b*****ds / The Sevconians are living within their means financially and have no debt. The fact that Hearts cannot afford them is their own doing due to them having too much debt! wink.gifph34r.gif

Awwwww, lets get this right even though its wildly off topic.

We did not sign Beattie because he refused an element of pay as you play. Beattie will NEVER manage more than 15 games a season for whoever he ends up at because his leg muscles are shot to threads. Beattie's sole contribution of note for Hearts was to beat a goalkeeper unopposed from 12 yards in a key game. Most of his time at Tynecastle was spent on the treatment table. We honestly wont miss him in his current state of fitness.

We did not sign Black. Not because of issues not related to his performance or wage demands. In fact we didnt make him an offer of any kind because the owner, rightly or wrongly, wanted him out of the club and that had been decided months before the end of the season.Black will be a loss because he grew as a player last year but he's been a bit of a naughty boy.

We have at least 4 players on more than Black was on and we've moved on 6 players on more than Black was on. The money wasnt an issue in Blacks case and Beattie wanted way more than he was worth fitness wise.

We've made an operating profit in the last two years and reduced the debt by £12 million. Yes we are cutting back and yes we needed to cut back, but we have the 2nd highest player budget in the SPL, have retained most of our cup winning squad, and we're in no danger whatsoever of going into administration or liquidation whilst Vladimir Romanov is the major shareholder

Edited by Only A Game !

And they feel they got off lightly, considering the 'death penalty' was an option.

Right, I'm displaying my profound ignorance again and perhaps risking some sort of whooshing incident, but did some American Team receive the sanctions listed?

FAO Mr A McCoist.

This is punishment.

$60 million fine.

5 years probation.

But at least Penn State don't have to go to Peterhead,

Right, I'm displaying my profound ignorance again and perhaps risking some sort of whooshing incident, but did some American Team receive the sanctions listed?

Penn State got them but kicking them out of the sport for a minimum of a year was an option too.

Here

Edited to add............you owe me a greenie for not quoting your other post :D

Edited by Torfason