Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ian Black to sign a 3 year contract tomorrow, subject to membership being granted.

Absolutely mental for all parties. Black could easily be playing SPL or Championship/League 1 football next season if he had some ambition. Sevco Rangers should be looking to run a tight ship financially, so spending SPL wages in the 3rd Division is excessive and unnecessary. And surely if they do want an SPL player as a "marquee" signing, they should sign someone more talented rather than a bog-standard holding midfielder?

Ian Black to sign a 3 year contract tomorrow, subject to membership being granted.

Absolutely mental for all parties. Black could easily be playing SPL or Championship/League 1 football next season if he had some ambition. Sevco Rangers should be looking to run a tight ship financially, so spending SPL wages in the 3rd Division is excessive and unnecessary. And surely if they do want an SPL player as a "marquee" signing, they should sign someone more talented rather than a bog-standard holding midfielder?

I thought that Beattie and Black training with sevco was just for some PR. For sevco, this is the players we can entice in the 3rd division all investors welcome. And you would think more clubs would be interested in the players if a shambles like sevco was in with a sniff.

Very strange.

Might have something to do with this, unless they're so desperate to get OF games again they're gambling on a team capable of getting to cup finals.. blink.gif

Former Sheffield United chairman McDonald, who employed Green as the club’s chief executive in the 90s, explained the pair’s plan would have seen money “loaned” to the club to help finance McCoist’s squad improvements.

He would then have been entitled to a personal cut of any future transfer fees if those players were sold on at a profit.

The money-making scheme was dashed last week when the SFA upheld its original decision to blackball Rangers from buying new players until summer 2013.

My link

Might have something to do with this, unless they're so desperate to get OF games again they're gambling on a team capable of getting to cup finals.. blink.gif

My link

But where's the sell on potential of Black, nobody want's him for free so they're hardly likely to pay any sort of fee in the future on the strength of having a blinder in the 3rd division.:blink:

Isn't it just? You have to wonder who is advising the players here, because that's a really strange career choice.

Or it could be as someone pointed out earlier in the thread,he needs an op for a recurring injury.He may not last 3 years playing for anyone.So this could be an easy choice for him knowing he wont be fit enough for an SPL club and Sevco are desperate for players.

Surely this is just PR so the fat orcs put their money where their pizza-stuffed mouths are? If Black signs he's a bigger moron that we all thought.

As i stated in my previous message...it was my local side.I chose long ago not to follow the OF.For your info if you actually came along and spoke to the fanbase you would be surprised that very few if any consider us to be the old club,so how is that a bit odd.

Ah right, so you weren't on the scene during their time as Airdrieonians? Maybe that makes a difference.

(I have spoken to a good number, I am along there from time to time.)

I thought that Beattie and Black training with sevco was just for some PR. For sevco, this is the players we can entice in the 3rd division all investors welcome. And you would think more clubs would be interested in the players if a shambles like sevco was in with a sniff.

Very strange.

STV quoted that Beattie said he was only using the training facilities to get his fitness level back up.He said that was all,and has had no negotiations for any contract.

Surely this is just PR so the fat orcs put their money where their pizza-stuffed mouths are? If Black signs he's a bigger moron that we all thought.

You'd hope so. I just don't see Sevco's requirement for him. They'd still walk the 3rd with much cheaper players.

He'll probably be closer to a Scotland call up at Sevco than he was with Hearts though.

Surely this is just PR so the fat orcs put their our money where their pizza-stuffed mouths are? If Black signs he's a bigger moron that we all thought.

Just to clarify dole money is our money ;)

As I posted on another thread, I am sure the DWP will be fielding a great deal of crisis loan applications to pay the OTT price for 3rd division season tickets.

You have to remember that even Gretna were able to attract SPL players like Stevie Tosh to play in front of just a few hundred on the promise of decent money and longer contracts than they were otherwise able to command.

Even now, Rangers can offer more in terms of status and crowds than Gretna ever could. I'd question it more from the club's point of view though. Unless they get serious investment, I struggle to see how they can possibly offer the kind of wages suggested here.