Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Its a case of journalism by numbers - what will i do for my column this week? Ill regurgitate old shit other people have said, ignoring more current information and spend the rest of the week at the bookies.

Gilmour backtracked on his comments, saying actually it wasnt as bad as it first looked (surprise surprise), so the column isnt even meaningful when the main basis for it is his quote.

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/ The daily ramblings of the mentally unstable blogger

Absolutely brilliant stuff - possibly his finest piece yet:

"My reading of the situation is that in the last week tensions have been growing between proven liar Charles Green and the supremely trustworthy, trusted and iconic Alistair McCoist...I also believe, had Charles Green ignored Alistair McCoist’s impassioned and public declarations, his almost Churchillian pronouncements about his determination to never surrender, there would have been a bitter battle between snake oil salesman Charles Green and Rangers legend, Alistair McCoist."

Sorry, but I now refuse to believe that anyone is writing this stuff and meaning it.

It reads like a comedy column in Private Eye. It's great work.

Out of all the articles I have read, that Davie Provan article is one of the worst. Its an absolute horror show of maladroit bile. A wanton and carefree gerrymandering of facts and a palpable and malign disregard for anything outside Celtic and Sevco got my gander up no end!

Internet Bolsheviks? - I think you mean "fans" Davie. You know, the guys who actually pay to see the games, unlike you free-loading humourless Old Firm quislings you seem happy to represent.

One more thing, there was no boycott threatened either Davie. I think you meant to type "an abandonment of the game altogether"

Moronic, misinformed, mendacious claptrap.....

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/ The daily ramblings of the mentally unstable blogger

'Alistair'. Jeezoh, Leggat swallows so much Ibrox cock he's probably learned to breathe through his ears. Is he shooting for a job or at the midden?

"His almost Churchillian pronouncements ..." Oh dear, an arse licker and a cocksucker. Still, to each their own.

Edited by Dr Koop

With Sevco's recent signings/signing targets, with wages way above lower SFL levels, is the ghost of Brooks Mileson part of Green's consortium? Is this the reason for the secrecy? Does this explain the "floating" charge? I'll get my llama wool coat.

Baby_Llama.JPG

Murray Park, yesterday.

The only thing Provan has proven is that he's a complete bell end. Crying into his Celtic scarf that it will be a long time til he sees Celtic v The Rangers. Dry yer eyes tosser.

Bet they get "drawn" together in both cups - assuming newco fc are still in them when the big boys enter.

Dumping Gers in Div 3 was fools' goal!

DAVIE PROVAN

SCOTTISH football history is littered with idiotic decisions but the men who voted Rangers into the Third Division have just won the gold medal for stupidity.

In their stampede for the moral high ground they've bankrupted top-flight football in this country. Take a bow gentlemen.

Are we to believe a sport that sees players routinely dive, cheat and con referees has discovered integrity? Have the internet revolutionaries become the moral guardians of the game? God help us.

It's difficult to know who to blame most. The cowardly owners of the SPL or that sanctimonious collection of SFL chairmen who sealed Rangers' fate.

What is certain is that the club's demotion will cripple our biggest teams for years.

One lower-league chairman wanted the resignations of Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster for attempting to parachute Gers into the First Division.

That pair were guilty all right. Guilty of having the brains to recognise the financial carnage we're about to witness.

Thompson ... United chief will soon regret pursuit of 'integrity'

Thompson ... United chief will soon regret pursuit of 'integrity'

PA

Their plan to put Rangers in Division One might have preserved broadcasting contracts, kept sponsors onside and slaked the thirst of those demanding blood from Ibrox.

Instead, we'll have a one-horse title race for at least three years, crowds will plummet and sponsors will run for cover.

In a year, the Clydesdale Bank's £10million sponsorship of the SPL expires. How is Doncaster expected to find another backer? Will the chocolate gladiators of cyberspace have a whip round?

In case you hadn't noticed, top-flight football in Scotland is hurting. Most SPL clubs have the bank on their case. How will they manage when Gers' demotion is predicted to suck an annual £20m from the game? They won't.

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour reckons half-a-dozen top-flight outfits could go bust.

Our full-time clubs have already shaved squad numbers, slashed wages, cut jobs and still struggle to meet interest payments.

Rangers' punishment will be the tipping point. Administration and part-time football is inevitable for some. Youth development will be the first casualty throughout the game, so excuse me if I don't raise a glass to sporting integrity.

Hibs' Rod Petrie was first on that moral bandwagon, telling us sporting integrity is beyond purchase.

Rich coming from the man who hosted a rebel squad meeting behind boss John Collins' back?

With internet Bolsheviks threatening boycotts, Petrie was soon joined by Stephen Thompson, Stewart Milne and Vladimir Romanov. Only Kilmarnock's Michael Johnston could find the balls to stand his ground.

This is just naked propaganda for Provan's other employers Sky. Murdoch really is a c**t. Straight off to Private Eye to see if this warrants an entry in their Street of Shame column.

Sorry, Bob, but the suggestion of Provan being a medium for the will of Murdoch doesn't stand up for me.

The truth is altogether more tragic than that. This is how our national media works.

You're probably right Fife Saint, but I've read Private Eye too long not to recognise editorial bias in favour of a bigger beneficiary, usually the Dirty Digger. By undervaluing the game like this it only serves to weaken the SFA/SFL/SPLs' position with regards TV rights and convinces mug punters that forums like this are full of worthless crackpots.

I got to about the middle of the second paragraph before I gave up.. I suspect there is little that can be done to save this character and those who buy into his ridiculous rants.

This stuff and most of what seems to be on the various orc media/websites seems to go way past what Traynor. Young etc always dismissed as paranoia. Haven't seen any refutations from the usual suspects at Daily Retard etc.

Out of all the articles I have read, that Davie Provan article is one of the worst. Its an absolute horror show of maladroit bile. A wanton and carefree gerrymandering of facts and a palpable and malign disregard for anything outside Celtic and Sevco got my gander up no end!

Internet Bolsheviks? - I think you mean "fans" Davie. You know, the guys who actually pay to see the games, unlike you free-loading humourless Old Firm quislings you seem happy to represent.

One more thing, there was no boycott threatened either Davie. I think you meant to type "an abandonment of the game altogether"

Moronic, misinformed, mendacious claptrap.....

boxes ticked.