Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Absolutely. You clearly have a different episode in mind so why not elaborate and let people make their own judgement.

You are taking small pieces of text in isolation and dropping the context in which they were written. It's a common enough approach when you've not got a sensible argument to make but people can see it for what it was - Rangers, Portsmouth, Leeds Utd - they are all the same to me. They spend far more than they are capable of spending largely to feed the egos of their supporters.

This is the source of much of your argument - look how great our supporters are - we've bought thousands of season tickets for a diddy league. Look how big our club is and look how insignificant everyone else is. It might make you feel better but it doesn't make any difference to the rest. Maybe if you'd paid your way in the first place you wouldn't need season tickets for the seaside leagues.

Do tell.

That's a belter of a tediously redundant question. As for the original question, what was the answer?

Bendarroch, you're trying hard but you have a poor hand to play. You can skim over the actions of your club (if it is a continuation of the 1872 version) and give us all the nonsense about 34000 season tickets and the diddies being ... well ... diddies. But you can't have it all your own way. Rangers were structured to be better than Celtic at any cost. The cost was so high that your club has twice been sold for a pound. You had to leave at least £50m in unpaid debt - possibly a lot more. Charles Green has got you all dancing to his tune even though he did the same thing that the American fellow was hounded for. How has he done it? Soundbites. Appeal to the Rangers fans sense of injustice and fly at anyone who has a different line. You're doing the same on here but it doesn't work. Rangers as a football club is a complete basket case. For most people who understand the club/company relationship the old Rangers is dead and gone. Green knows it and said it. You coming on here as part of a triumphant return of The Rangers doesn't mean anyone else outside The Rangers family is going to separate the "noble" gesture of the fans to buy season tickets for SFL3 from the behaviour that got them there. Most of us support smaller clubs who strive to get by and pay what they can afford. Your club outspent the rest of Scottish football (with the exception of Celtic) by a country mile. You are already doing so again. Green had the nerve to declare Rangers "debt free". What a model for us all to follow. I'm not that interested in whether you thing the SPL is a joke, St Mirren can't shift season tickets or any of the rest of that stuff you are coming away with to deflect from the actions of your own club. The SPL has been a joke for years and St Mirren have always struggled to shift many more season tickets so these things are the same as they were before. What's different about Scottish football is Rangers going tits up and costing other people millions in the process. Stroll on.

Here Bendarroch.

Fill yer boots ya fanny <----- poor writing :lol:

People wondering what JBB is up to, it looks like Brown is out to skim all the bluenoses up in Peterhead.

I wonder if he will be using the money to add to his takeover kitty.:D

post-40809-0-14446300-1345570577_thumb.j

The jakey basturt has pished all that money down his troosers. He now speaks pish professionally in order to get pished paraplegically.

The jakey basturt has pished all that money down his troosers. He now speaks pish professionally in order to get pished paraplegically.

I cannae mind if it was here, but at the time of the Ibrox texetys stuff, someone compared him to Enoch Powell by labelling it ''The Rivers of Pish'' speech :D

People wondering what JBB is up to, it looks like Brown is out to skim all the bluenoses up in Peterhead.

I wonder if he will be using the money to add to his takeover kitty.:D

post-40809-0-14446300-1345570577_thumb.j

Masonic Temple by any chance?

Charles Green has got you all dancing to his tune

It's clear that you have no real sense or understanding of what The Rangers support at large think of Green. You know nothing of the skepticism so many have for him - and, tellingly - appear more than willing to disregard why so many follow on no matter what the suits think or do.

It's our club, not theirs. Always has been and always will be, just as it is for every club of any importance. Including yours. It's the simplest of truths - no support equates to no club at all.

The suits come, the suits go as they have time and again before and will continue to do so, but still the support remain. Have you forgotten already the tawdry behaviour of suits in charge at the plastics? Baron Reid of Cardowan is a fine example, but far from the only one.

My message to you then (at least in part) is that we'll be taking no lessons in morality from anyone with plenty of their own skeletons in the closet.

I know who I blame for the criminal farce that engulfed our greatest of clubs, and if you think that Green will get an easy ride after all we have suffered then you know even less of us than I stated at the outset. If Green serves us properly, then well and good. If not?

He'll be gone.

PS: At least one of your acolytes claimed that you are going to 'shite and eat' me - whatever that means. Could you let me know when you intend to start?

Edited by Bendarroch

You don't see a lot if things .... take your head ott the f**** sand ... !!

Were you not the dhiddy who recently insisted the Professor at the Adam Smith business school didn't know what he was talking about after he reported the SPL is insolvent? And - repeatedly - insisting that we should listen to the likes of you instead?

laugh.gif

Back to licking HTG's arse for you, lhaddie smile.gif

It's clear that you have no real sense or understanding of what The Rangers support at large think of Green. You know nothing of the skepticism so many have for him - and, tellingly - appear more than willing to disregard why so many follow on no matter what the suits think or do.

It's our club, not theirs. Always has been and always will be, just as it is for every club of any importance. Including yours. It's the simplest of truths - no support equates to no club at all.

The suits come, the suits go as they have time and again before and will continue to do so, but still the support remain. Have you forgotten already the tawdry behaviour of suits in charge at the plastics? Baron Reid of Cardowan is a fine example, but far from the only one.

My message to you then (at least in part) is that we'll be taking no lessons in morality from anyone with plenty of their own skeletons in the closet.

I know who I blame for the criminal farce that engulfed our greatest of clubs, and if you think that Green will get an easy ride after all we have suffered then you know even less of us than I stated at the outset. If Green serves us properly, then well and good. If not?

He'll be gone.

PS: At least one of your acolytes claimed that you are going to 'shite and eat' me - whatever that means. Could you let me know when you intend to start?

That's it? That's it picked apart?

Deary fucking me. :lol:

Consumed and excreted. That better?

* Rangers FC no longer operates a football team and will be liquidated in due course - fact and true

which of them do you actually dispute??

I'll dispute the very first one for starters. smile.gif

Of course most reasonable people will already know that your claim is not a fact at all and therefore cannot be true - it is, in fact, your claim. Nothing more. I do hope your ego is suitably bruised.

We may well be liquidated, but then again there's a strong chance we will not be. I've noticed many on P&B claiming it's a done deal - when the fact is we don't even have a liquidator appointed at this time.

Diddy clubbers, plastics and facts, eh? Oil and water...

From the Guardian -

Wanted: a sense of humour for Rangers fans who have lost perspective

Complaints about the Falkirk announcer's ill-advised joke has prompted an investigation – but into what exactly?

Some supporters of Rangers complained to Falkirk about their stadium announcer's ill-advised joke. This is an urgent appeal: if any readers are in possession of a spare sense of humour, please send it to Glasgow, because it appears numerous Rangers supporters have lost theirs. There is no time to waste. The situation is critical. It is a code red.

This refers, of course, to the news that Falkirk have been moved to apologise to Rangers and suspend their PA announcer after he had a mild dig at the Glasgow club's current bedraggled state and called them "Sevco Franchise" when reading out the football scores over the Tannoy, Sevco being the name of a company used in the purchase of the business and assets of Rangers in the summer after the club was consigned to liquidation.

So far, so very harmless. Or so you would think. Instead, Rangers fans collectively channelled their inner Helen Lovejoy and found the time to make complaints to Falkirk, who promptly suspended the offender and then launched an investigation. Which begs the question: an investigation into what exactly? As far as can be made out, a bored employee did an ill-advised football joke about a football team. What are they looking into? His motives? Who he is really working for?

For once, The Man gets a free pass here, even if this is another blow for the Ban-tocracy Movement. In the current climate of working yourself up into a hot tizz over absolutely nothing, fans of certain clubs seem to be losing perspective at an alarming rate, to the extent where you cannot even make a classic liquidation-based gag without being hauled over the coals. There comes a point where it is not a football club, it is a cult. That is rarely a good look.

Though perhaps the debate is not whether football has broken its funny metatarsal, or whether it ever had one in the first place. This sort of thing has been going on for years, like the time Norwich City had to act all contrite because some eedjit flashed a message up on the scoreboard that read "Manchester United 1-0 Scum", Ipswich Town uneasily playing the role of "Scum".

The skill is to know your audience and pick your moment, which is what West Ham's pitch announcer Jeremy Nicholas singularly failed to do after an FA Cup quarter-final against Tottenham Hotspur in 2001. It was the year that Fabien Barthez had tried his taxi trick on Paolo Di Canio and West Ham felt their name was on the cup. Instead they were beaten 3-2 by their neighbours, but there was one final indignity for West Ham's supporters to endure as they filed out of the ground. "Good luck to Tottenham in the next round!" parped Nicholas, hopelessly misjudging the mood. Now that really was something to get annoyed about.

That's it? That's it picked apart?

That was one tiny slice - you think I'm going to bore myself to death ripping all of that pish to bits? And there is a lot of pish to be ripped from it, if someone felt suitably motivated. It is absolutely not worth the trouble. After all the pre-match hype on behalf of HTG I expected metter. Much better. Even though Bennet did try and warn me not to expect anything of substance at all. He was right.

I have more interesting things to do like watching the paint dry. Or crossing my fingers for my newest favourite Swedish team smile.gif

Also this found on Scotzine.com -

Says it all really. :rolleyes:

August 21, 2012 12:33 am

Has Scottish Football had a humour bypass of late?

Posted by Andy Muirhead

Since football was invented we have had songs and chants that are in good humour, those that take the mickey, those that have cut to the bone and those that have crossed the line, in Scotland we now have a government bill that targets those who sing offensive chants and songs. But does that mean Scottish football has had a humour bypass?

Sadly recent events seem to back up the stance that humour and banter has no place in Scottish football, as news broke that Falkirk had suspended their match day announcer, Dave McIntosh, following announcements he made at the Bairns’ home game with Raith Rovers at the weekend. During the half time break, McIntosh was reportedly to have included ‘the Sevco franchise 2, East Stirling 1′ followed later by ‘the final score from Castle Greyskull was Sevco franchise 5, East Stirling 1′.

Now what was illegal, bigoted, offensive about those statements? Well nothing from what I can see obviously but it seems that numerous Rangers fans had a problem with being labelled Sevco franchise rather than Rangers football club. Even the issue of Ibrox being labelled Castle Greyskull was deemed offensive and yet it was the fortress of cartoon character He-Man – the good character who fought the evil Skeletor. So being labelled good is now offensive? Would they prefer Mordor or Snake Mountain instead?

Of course the humour bypass is now in full swing, with Rangers fans on their forums discussing boycotting the games against Falkirk to hit them in the pocket both in the Ramsdens Cup tonight and the Scottish Communities League Cup tie at Ibrox at the end of the month.

So the decision to suspend McIntosh by the club could be seen as the club taking a stance to protect their financial gain rather than actually suspending an employee for a breach of disciplinary rules. I wonder if the decision was taken after the club took legal advice or if they just looked at the bank balance? The lawyer’s office will certainly be the first port of call for McIntosh if the club decide to turn his suspension into a sacking that is for sure.

The club published an official statement on their website from chairman Martin Ritchie, stating: “It has been brought to our attention that our PA announcer made some inappropriate comments about Rangers at half-time on Saturday. We have already apologised to Rangers and would now like to apologise to the many Rangers supporters that have been in contact with the club.

“Falkirk FC are treating this incident very seriously and the individual concerned has been suspended from his duties, pending a full investigation by the club.”

‘It has been brought to our attention….’ that is a very misleading comment from Mr Ritchie. Was he not at the game against Raith Rovers? Do the board members attend the games? So they had to rely on the emails from disgruntled and angry Rangers fans who weren’t even at the Falkirk game to take action against a club employee when they were at the game themselves and heard the announcements themselves.

Even Rangers club employee Andrew Dickson - one that is not free from controversy himself – hit out at McIntosh by stating on his twitter page on the 18th August:

“It’s one thing having cheap digs at people who aren’t there. I suspect he won’t be so bold to our faces three days from now #actingthebigman”

He then replied to Guardian journalist Ewan Murray by stating: “I thought it was a bit pathetic of him, yes. I’d hardly say I’m losing sleep over it.

“Just thought it was a cheap shot from a guy nobody has heard of….”

When Murray replied: “….he probably doesn’t know who you are either! icon_wink.gif

Dickson finished by saying: “Yeah, he probably doesn’t so I’m sure he’s not losing any sleep either. Difference being I’d say what I thought to his face.”

I guess Dickson forgot his #actingthebigman jibe earlier in his tweets as he acts the big man saying that he would have said something to McIntoshs’ face. I wonder what he would have said? I wonder if he has marked Mr McIntoshs’ cards also? Dickson has a history of doing that also and then commenting on his twitter feed so that his followers then target said individuals who he has an issue with or who do not brown nose. And all this from a Rangers employee – where is the dignity in that? Has he lost his pair of club-issued brown brogues and replaced them with a pair of trainers that neds sport on a night out and in court?

Also it is a bit rich that oor Andrew states that McIntosh is an unknown, given the fact that outwith those following oor Andrew or those at Rangers football club, how many actually know him? Dickson is certainly not famous nor is an individual that is well-known outwith certain circles. I would envisage many-an-SFL fan know Mr McIntosh than they do oor Andrew. But hey at least he doesn’t lose sleep over it, he just sends his angry followers to do his biding like good lil sheep.

Now I do have to state though there are some sensible Rangers fans who have seen the comments from McIntosh for what they are – jokes.

One poster on Follow Follow stated:

Oh, come on guys….seriously? Are we at this level? Fans will wind up other fans. That’s part of the game and if it’s done with some degree of humour it’s fine. The problem is when it is ‘impartial’ organisations like media outlets doing it. But if we can’t let opposition fans have a laugh at us at the game then we abdicate all freedom to do the same back. It should annoy us and we should retaliate with songs and chants, not by complaining to the authorities unless he says something genuinely offensive.

Before I get a lot of abuse, I’m not happy that he’s saying it and will happily join in any (good-natured) abuse of Falkirk. But I’m sure that the Sheep don’t like being called the Sheep; that Nakamura didn’t actually slice or dice many things in his wok; and that Dundonians don’t like being reminded that they live in Dundee.

Our support is unfairly targeted to prevent us singing normal football banter but doesn’t mean we should respond in kind to something as relatively innocuous as this.

While another stated:

A slap on the wrists is about right, hardly the crime of the century. People wanting him sacked need to lighten up a bit.

So while those at Sevco franchise, Sevco FC, THE Rangers Football Club or Rangers Football Club round on anyone who has a joke at their expense after losing their sense of humour at the same time as their credibility and dignity over liquidation, the rest of us can hopefully get on with singing those ditties, those chants that do not breach any laws in this country and are seen as jokes or banter between fans.

The same Rangers fans who complained about being labelled Sevco franchise supporters could invariably be the same fans who said that singing The Famine Song is okay because it’s just banter or those that wasted police time when making a complaint against Celtic manager Neil Lennon for racially abusing El Hadji Diouf – and then rounded on Diouf for actually telling the truth which cleared Lennon.

They can dish it out when they want too, but they certainly can’t take it. Time these Rangers fans check in at the Southern General and ask the surgeons to give them a bypass or at least remove the broom handle that is stuck up their orifice.

Hopefully Falkirk see some sense and reinstate Mr McIntosh, certainly he will get a lot of support up and down the country as well as from this site. #FreetheFalkirkOne