Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Decent post and thanks.

I certainly wasn't offended I just thought that the analogy was wrong-headed. I can also see where the springboard for it was - but I just didn't think that equating deaths with people who didn't buy shares was right.

I made a point. You gave a good reply. Issue dealt with. Deal?

Out of interest, seeing as you're a neutral, how would you evaluate our IPO? Good or bad?

The IPO is just like sailing based on the quote "Racing a sail boat is like standing in a cold shower and tearing up £100 notes"

If you are happy to make a donation to the new Rangers, go ahead. You can't justify handing over cash otherwise.

Edited by thelegendthatis

Guest Kincardine

I'm glad that the fans kept their powder dry, i think you've been fleeced enough; seriously!

Some of us were posting about this last night and the view seemed to be that The IPO should have been held back, at least, until the summer - so I agree with you.

Guest Kincardine

The IPO is just like sailing based on the quote "Racing a sail boat is like standing in a cold shower and tearing up £100 pound notes"

If you are happy to make a donation to the new Rangers, go ahead. You can't justify handing over cash otherwise.

Aye but that's true of lots of sports and interests. Some bevvy and others gamble. I spend hundreds of pounds a month so that my elder daughter can ride.

Pissing money away for no obvious return doesn't make it wrong.

Some of us were posting about this last night and the view seemed to be that The IPO should have been held back, at least, until the summer - so I agree with you.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Green said it wasn't the ideal time but he promised the IPO would be this year and so had to forge ahead. I can't help but think most Rangers fans would have been happy for him to have "broken" that promise and left it until the new year.

Edited by ray_of_licht

So when do they go on the market? And is it 70p (from memory)? If it is, whats the guesses for the closing price on day one?

Mine is 29p.

I'll go against the grain here and say that they could rise a little bit to begin with, not necessarily on the first day though. The 500 quid minimum was a bit high for many and lots of people saw through the the RST community thing. I'd reckon that some bears with a few quid but not the full 500 will be trying to buy on the open market and push the price up a little for the first couple of weeks.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Green said it wasn't the ideal time but he promised the IPO would be this year and so had to forge ahead. I can't help but think most Rangers fans would have been happy for him to have "broken" that promise and left it until the new year.

His latest is to blame HMRC for the timing of the share issue. It's quite an insult to the audiences intelligence to do so IMO. Happily, I think most see it as being a terrible excuse and attempt at mis-direction.

Guest Kincardine

Ray, dead right. I'd have even said leave it until June/July.

Hard to reply without using cliches but I think Chuckles should have seen the football year out before asking for money.

That's the rangers way - good on you, ya loyal wee Orc. It must huv been thae Kaffliks! Everything else is their fault - them and their chonspirators - isn't it?

laugh.gif

The RC Church would have been as valid an excuse as any other to get the f**k away from you and your wedding.

Even though I think your tale of woe is an absolute invention - who could blame even an imaginary pal for running away from a day with you.

Couldn't possibly deny or confirm, either personally or on behalf of Hans N. Zitill, Rob D. Fance, Chee Tin Kuntz or any of my other "major international investor" friends.......

FFS - so, this is what the guys who take you seriously are called?

laugh.gif

Which one are you? Declan O'Fhended?

The share issue for me, in my opinion, wasn't really an issue for me. I am a student, so therefore I can afford the sum total of nothing, once I scrimp enough money over the year to afford my season ticket (which us being in SFL3 did actually help this year, every cloud). I can totally understand why some would invest, a family member of mine did, to say that you, in effect "own" a part of your club, which must feel nice. But I can see why people wouldn't, what with Green's track record, coming up to Christmas, genuinely just not having the money to or whatever, but both sides has valid points.

I think everyone really knew that the number of people who pledged to buy shares and who then actually done it was going to be different, how significantly is something that was always going to be up for debate.

Me personally, I'm still not sure about whether it was a good idea. I wouldn't have done it this year, but I suppose only time will tell whether or not it was even remotely worthwhile.

I've heard unconfirmed rumours that some of those pledges may have been naughty football fans having a laugh at rangers global international (2012) and their followers. Couldn't possibly deny or confirm, either personally or on behalf of Hans N. Zitill, Rob D. Fance, Chee Tin Kuntz or any of my other "major international investor" friends.......

You mean idiotic people that are educationally challenged. Seriously,i hope that you were not one of these clowns that did any of this bumping up pledges nonsense with stupid names. At the end of the day,whether people are willing to accept it or not,the share issue exceeded the targeted £20 million.

You mean idiotic people that are educationally challenged. Seriously,i hope that you were not one of these clowns that did any of this bumping up pledges nonsense with stupid names. At the end of the day,whether people are willing to accept it or not,the share issue exceeded the targeted £20 million.

:lol: :lol: :lol: