Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Well I'd also hope so but I think The SFA have got off lightly. The fact that their panel of incompetents is being quoted, to use the old saw, "Like a drunkard uses a lamp post for support, rather than for illumination" makes me think that people are forgetting how much of a f**k-up it was by the SFA.

That was never an argument used by me (unless I was on a drunken ramble one night). It doesn't even sound like the kind of argument I'd make. My tendency would be to argue to the contrary: a club's existence and SFA membership are not coterminous.

Or maybe even tonight...?

Seriously, Kincardine, that reads like one of BenTedArroch's finest. What punishment do you feel should be visited upon them for trying to resuscitate your thieving, cheating "institution"? Had it not been for the corruption in the governing bodies, your lot would have been consigned to limbo.

Dear God, are the very people who allowed Charlie's Players into the game now on the List?

Guest Kincardine

Seriously, Kincardine, that reads like one of BenTedArroch's finest. What punishment do you feel should be visited upon them for trying to resuscitate your thieving, cheating "institution"?

The punishment itself is not an issue nor have I shied away from our culpability.

The issue that I have is you quoting a tribunal who clearly knew neither its arse from its elbow nor its brief. Doesn't that give you a red neck?

Edited by Kincardine

Chuckie just assumed his new club would start life in the spl. Hence his deaperate attempts to convince everyone they would die without them. Also explains his massive huff since being refused entry.

Talk about rewriting history.

Guest Kincardine

Talk about rewriting history.

Agreed. My exact words. What makes it funnier is that we're cast as the deluded ones.

The last few posts on here makes me worried about the unhinged mind-set of the average diddy.

Aye it's such an eyesore that they chose to build the Commonwealth Arena and Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome exactly opposite it, with the Games Village close by also, rather than in Govan or Mount Vernon and chose to have the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games there also, rather than at Hampden or Ibrox.

Whose blue tinted bigotry is showing through now? I thought everyone was supposed to be OBSESSED by The Rangers? Clearly you have an equal obsession with your Cousins in the East End....:rolleyes:

So if someone states they don't like the design of a football stadium then they're a bigot,aye right you are. I don't like the design of the Millienium stadium,does that make me anti-Welsh? Away and give my head peace.

Your original text contained a little bit more than that Youngsy. tongue.gif

The breezeblock hovel (aka the piggery) is such a carbunkle on the landscape of Glasgow that instead of raising the profile it actually lowered the reputation of the East End of Glasgow. A virtually impossible thing to do and yet it was achieved by that monstrosity of a stadium.

Chuckie moaning again.

Is there a difference ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

“People have said that it won’t look good to have a televised game with an empty stadium. But I have made the gesture, give us all the tickets. Let’s have no Dundee United fans at the game and we’ll fill the stadium.” :lol: :lol: :lol:

"We are concerned that Dundee United won't know who they are selling tickets to and how will they know if they're genuine Rangers fans or potential troublemakers?

Those pesky Chelski fans again. He obviously doesn't know that at football matches where you pay at the gate that the troublemaker question has to be asked before allowing entry.

Agreed. My exact words. What makes it funnier is that we're cast as the deluded ones.

The last few posts on here makes me worried about the unhinged mind-set of the average diddy.

To base the mindset of the 'average diddy fan' on the last few posters is as unfair as judging the average Rangers-supporter mindset by Bendarroch, Carlito, and the few other Rangers supporters I have on ignore.

For once a half decent column from Hugh Jarse

http://www.dailyreco...n-needs-1502550

Celtic are reigning champions of their own country, last 16 in the Champions League – and have already made more money out of Europe this term than Rangers raised in their share issue.

Bridging the gap between Celtic and Rangers will take a lot more dough than the Ibrox owner has at the moment.

And Green has to build from a position of debatable strength.

Rangers are out of the Ramsdens Cup and the Scottish Communities League Cup without making an appreciable dent in either of those competitions.

Ally McCoist will need to be sure the promises of a multi-million pound transfer pot are nailed on.

The cost of making his side competitive on a domestic and European basis will be substantial.

But even in the west of Scotland's world of distorted values it has to be recognised that Rangers fans raising over £5m during a recession is a strong show of support.

Especially when they're still

reeling from the shock of watching an opportunist take the club to the brink before Green came in.

You wonder if football fans would rally in such a spectacular fashion if a local hospital or school desperately needed cash to survive.

But money appears to be no object when an ailing football club croaks loudly enough in public after failing to do their own sums correctly.

Green might have to return to that well of good faith one day before Celtic and Rangers are reunited in unholy matrimony. He'll know he's cracked it when Sir Alex Ferguson turns up to take part in a training session the way he did with Celtic at Lennoxtown.

smile.gif