Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

As The Rangers are all about the dignity. Let's get a game of spot the dignified statement.

A. There will be times when you want us to tackle or enemies and it will seem like we're somehow reluctant to do so or that we don't care. Sometimes you have to wait. We have chosen and we will continue to choose the right moment to strike. Please.please never believe that I or any other director don't know the names of these people who have tried to damage this club. We know all of them. We know what each one tried to do and I can assure you we will never, ever forget about that. - Some fly'by'night pocket filling rabble rousing CEO.

B. “We thank each and every creditor who voted for this outcome.

“We know that many have suffered greatly from the financial problems of the football club. We now pay tribute to them. This vote will allow Dunfermline Athletic to begin a rebuilding process under a wide spread of supporter ownership.” Pars United’s Bob Garmory

Answers on a big red show liquidation the red card postcard to the usual address

Edited by dirty dingus

That was one difference on the outcome yes, but another major difference was the way the respective supports handled themselves.

Don't remember boycotts, threats, intimidation, marches and ridiculous red card displays from the Pars?

Indeed not - so very few cared. Disinterest won the day for the fife losers, but they may yet go on to secure lower league mediocrity for decades to come. I do hope the rent extractions aren't too painful.

Meanwhile - those big, bad Rangers types will be horsing your mob of diddies all over again and winning titles before you know it.

As if nothing ever happened :lol:

Indeed not - so very few cared. Disinterest won the day for the fife losers, but they may yet go on to secure lower league mediocrity for decades to come. I do hope the rent extractions aren't too painful.

Meanwhile - those big, bad Rangers types will be horsing your mob of diddies all over again and winning titles before you know it.

So you actually approve of the way the rangers support handled their administration? Wow.

Maybe Dunfermline fans did care, they just managed to show it without waging a campaign of boycotts, threats and intimidation(oh and red card displays). That's not the only way to support your club you know? :1eye

No wonder the seethe runs so deep, you really are furious they saved their club.

I bet you had your vitriolic triumphalist post already written for them dying. Unlucky. :lol:

Without wanting to sound triumphalist about it, Celtic made almost enough money last year on player sales and European games to buy New Rangers outright - club, company, stadium, staff.

Even if Celtic arse up their European campaigns for the next five years, they're still going to out-earn you by maybe five times, annually. The financial gulf between the two will likely be even greater than the one that existed when Celtic were teetering on the verge of bankruptcy.

Given that this is the case, what is it that makes you think Rangers will be winning the title any time soon? Do you think some new sugar daddy is going to plough cash into the team, or is Jesus Himself going to step in with a miracle or two to help out?

You're genuinely struggling here, aren't you?

It's not my reasoning. I'm asking No8 if he's suggesting the officials deliberately got something wrong in order to go against Rangers. This sounds like a mental theory to me, but I'm asking him to clarify what he means.

You're just talking rubbish, while Bennett applauds from the side. It's laughable.

It's almost as if you're turning into another WKR, ditch the petted lip and get back to how you used to be. At one time you used to be fairly reasonable, open to debate and even enjoyed a bit of a laugh every so often.

Now i barely recognise you, what happened to you man?

Without wanting to sound triumphalist about it, Celtic made almost enough money last year on player sales and European games to buy New Rangers outright - club, company, stadium, staff.

Even if Celtic arse up their European campaigns for the next five years, they're still going to out-earn you by maybe five times, annually. The financial gulf between the two will likely be even greater than the one that existed when Celtic were teetering on the verge of bankruptcy.

Given that this is the case, what is it that makes you think Rangers will be winning the title any time soon? Do you think some new sugar daddy is going to plough cash into the team, or is Jesus Himself going to step in with a miracle or two to help out?

Sounds pretty good in theory doesn't it but last year Parkhead was half empty for a lot of league games as ST holders never turned up, will that change this year and the following year?

Celtic are downsizing bit by bit, players going and lesser players coming in, anyone can see that.

So you actually approve of the way the rangers support handled their administration? Wow.

Maybe Dunfermline fans did care, they just managed to show it without waging a campaign of boycotts, threats and intimidation(oh and red card displays). That's not the only way to support your club you know? :1eye

No wonder the seethe runs so deep, you really are furious they saved their club.

I bet you had your vitriolic triumphalist post already written for them dying. Unlucky. :lol:

Rangers handled administration brilliantly. We know it for a number of reasons - one particularly satisfying aspect has proved to be its annoyance factor for plastics and diddies alike. Have you seen the twist Rico gets his knickers into about hospitals for example?

Sweet. And nothing sweeter than the day Lord Nimmo sworded the very wettest dreams and announced our titles were going nowhere.

Tell us all again what the Rangers fans did from February 14th 2012 to the point where Charles Green saved your club/oversaw liquidation/started a whole new club *delete where applicable.

Dunfermline fans actually rallied, raised money and at the moment it looks like they have saved their club.

You won't win another Premier title before the 2022 World Cup. I doubt you'll see out the season without another major crisis.

Sounds pretty good in theory doesn't it but last year Parkhead was half empty for a lot of league games as ST holders never turned up, will that change this year and the following year?

Celtic are downsizing bit by bit, players going and lesser players coming in, anyone can see that.

While it's true that Celtic are downsizing (and have been for almost a decade), they're still coining it in, in far greater sums than Rangers will. They'll continue doing so for years and even if there won't be £20m cheques wafting in from Uefa every August, it's still going to look like the early 90s in reverse.

How exactly are your lot going to counter that, once you finally claw your way back to the top tier? Are you going to buy two Ian Blacks for every one that Celtic don't?

Rangers handled administration brilliantly. We know it for a number of reasons - one particularly satisfying aspect has proved to be its annoyance factor for plastics and diddies alike. Have you seen the twist Rico gets his knickers into about hospitals for example?

Sweet. And nothing sweeter than the day Lord Nimmo sworded the very wettest dreams and announced our titles were going nowhere.

I wonder what Rico will have to say about Dunfermlines creditors getting heehaw?

I'm sure that Rico won't be hypocritical over it, Rico is a man of ingetrity and he won't change his tune.

While it's true that Celtic are downsizing (and have been for almost a decade), they're still coining it in, in far greater sums than Rangers will. They'll continue doing so for years and even if there won't be £20m cheques wafting in from Uefa every August, it's still going to look like the early 90s in reverse.

How exactly are your lot going to counter that, once you finally claw your way back to the top tier? Are you going to buy two Ian Blacks for every one that Celtic don't?

Celtic have a history of not strengthening when in a position of power, just my opinion but i reckon that Celtic selling players to cover any shortfalls from fans staying away. The image of Lawwell and co swimming about in a duck tales style money bin is laughbale.

We will have to increase our squad with a few better SPL level players every season and i reckon we'll be sightly weaker than Celtic but we've been there before and won 3 in a row against megabucks FC.

Celtic have a history of not strengthening when in a position of power, just my opinion but i reckon that Celtic selling players to cover any shortfalls from fans staying away. The image of Lawwell and co swimming about in a duck tales style money bin is laughbale.

We will have to increase our squad with a few better SPL level players every season and i reckon we'll be sightly weaker than Celtic but we've been there before and won 3 in a row against megabucks FC.

Even assuming you're right about Celtic, are you aware that no bank will be willing to lend you anything like the gigantic fvckloads of cash that helped you win titles in the 00s?

Even if your club was a rock-solid investment, the climate has utterly changed from ten years ago. Even if Celtic suffer badly in transfers and European competition, they're not going to be *a wee bit* richer than you. They're going to be *a lot* richer than you.

This is before we consider the fact that we're presuming a straight head to head between the OF when the likelihood is that your setup will be closer to, say, Aberdeen than it will be to the one at Parkhead.

ETA: also worth mentioning that Celtic wouldn't say they "didn't strengthen when in a position of power" - they'd say that they spent within reasonable boundaries, based on the rewards and limitations at the time.

They'd also point out that this is why Celtic are in the top division winning titles and cups, while your lot... Aren't.

Edited by flyingrodent

This is before we consider the fact that we're presuming a straight head to head between the OF when the likelihood is that your setup will be closer to, say, Aberdeen than it will be to the one at Parkhead.

Even in allowing you the indulgence of your wildest fantasies, a line has to be drawn somewhere - and when Rangers return to the top league everyone knows that the very worst that will happen for us is second place.

Abhergreen FFS. Milne might still be busy licking liewells arse, but dolly's ambition died when Bosman ruined their every hope of anything beyond decades of mediocrity.

Even in allowing you the indulgence of your wildest fantasies, a line has to be drawn somewhere - and when Rangers return to the top league everyone knows that the very worst that will happen for us is second place.

Really? You'll be doing it with cash earned from the Championship, and likely with players picked off other SPL sides.

While I don't doubt Rangers will be able to buy some of the best players the SPL has to offer, I don't see how this translates into a guaranteed second place finish, even if we assume that it'll all be plain sailing for you between now and then.

I wonder what Rico will have to say about Dunfermlines creditors getting heehaw?

I'm sure that Rico won't be hypocritical over it, Rico is a man of ingetrity and he won't change his tune.

I'm convinced Rico is so distraught at that poor Masterton's losses that he can't speak at all for the time being. Hopefully Masterton can secure a fair and proper decent lucrative rental deal with the fife losers and Rico will be able to relax.

Really? You'll be doing it with cash earned from the Championship, and likely with players picked off other SPL sides.

While I don't doubt Rangers will be able to buy some of the best players the SPL has to offer, I don't see how this translates into a guaranteed second place finish, even if we assume that it'll all be plain sailing for you between now and then.

At least second. I'm expecting us to ruffle your feathers big time on our return. You should win the league again in our first year back (should) after that - we'll see.

And the diddy's? Even their glory days of battling to be least worst loser will have ended.

Aw fuckin' bless :lol:

Edit to add - I hope we never spend another penny in transfer fees in Scotland - why bother? Even on the lower leagues we can attract their best players on bosmans.

Edited by Bendarroch

At least second. I'm expecting us to ruffle your feathers big time on our return. You should win the league again in our first year back (should) after that - we'll see.

And the diddy's? Even their glory days of battling to be least worst loser will have ended.

Aw fuckin' bless :lol:

Edit to add - I hope we never spend another penny in transfer fees in Scotland - why bother? Even on the lower leagues we can attract their best players on bosmans.

Well, you'd better hope for some cracking Bosman deals then, because your player budget is going to look diddy in the extreme.

And I have to point out that even the best teams in the works have to deal with patches of bad form, unlucky runs of injuries, unrest in the dressing room and other unforeseeables.

Given that and the vast financial gulf there is and will be between us - probably the most extreme in Scottish football since Souness was your manager - I can't for the life of me see why you'd be confident of second place, far less of worrying us.

I am sure our last title was won on a budget of around £16M, did Celtic not spend £30M in the same season?.

The Rodent has every right to be confident his clubs wage bill was around £35M last year and they won the treble comfortably with a record points total.......oh wait.

Yes, I think we can all agree that only winning two trophies and making the last sixteen of the CL was pretty catastrophic for us.

I mean, you must be on the windup. Even a rough comparison of our 12/13 and yours leaves one team looking a good bit sillier than the other, especially if you insist on bringing "expensive squads" and "lack of record-breaking points hauls" into it.

I am sure our last title was won on a budget of around £16M, did Celtic not spend £30M in the same season?.

The Rodent has every right to be confident his clubs wage bill was around £35M last year and they won the treble comfortably with a record points total.......oh wait.

And while I'm at it, if your last title was won for £16m, even that level of spending didn't work out too well for you in the long run, and no sane banker is going to lend you anything like that much money for a long, long time. Edited by flyingrodent