Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Not sure of the date but it was when the SPL , your club included, tried to bully the SFL into forcing them to accept Rangers in SFL 1.

I believe there were 30 clubs involved.

MT will give you a better indication than me on how the voting went but rightfully the vast majority of the SFL clubs refused to be bullied by your club and the rest of the SPL. When they came to voting for Rangers being put into SFL 3 i think all 30 were in favour.

HTH

A vote was held, but it wasn't a re-election process. It was on the 13th July 2012.

Of the thirty clubs who voted, I believe five despicably saw SFL 1 as the appropriate place for them. The identity of one of the five still angers me.

One mystery club voted not to admit Rangers to the SFL structure at all.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

A vote was held, but it wasn't a re-election process. It was on the 13th July 2012.

Of the thirty clubs who voted, I believe five despicably saw SFL 1 as the appropriate place for them. The identity of one of the five still angers me.

One mystery club voted not to admit Rangers to the SFL structure at all.

One wee point, i'm sure you've previously agreed with me that Rangers have an unfair advantage when it comes to promotions in the lower leagues. Which means that teams who normally would have been promoted may not be....

One wee point, i'm sure you've previously agreed with me that Rangers have an unfair advantage when it comes to promotions in the lower leagues. Which means that teams who normally would have been promoted may not be....

Of course I'd agree.

Seriously, what point are you making here?

Nothing new there. The new club continues the old clubs mantra. Due to a decade of systematic cheating the old dead team prevented other teams from winning trophies which they might normally have won. Edited by Burma

Are there any other clubs in Scottish Football with two convicted tax criminals in appointed positions?

Im pretty sure it would be a first in British Football. Not sure that any other national association on would have went to such extraordinary lengths to ignore such an event.

Edited by Burma

T'internets storm over the possible return of King to Ibrox is seriously fucking funny.

You would be forgiven for thinking the applepiners are not inclined to view it as a good thing. I wonder why...

:)

Why would anyone including rangers fans see it as a good thing?

T'internets storm over the possible return of King to Ibrox is seriously fucking funny.

You would be forgiven for thinking the applepiners are not inclined to view it as a good thing. I wonder why...

Perhaps you can explain why you think its a good thing.

Not as Fucking funny as when Rangers got liquidated.

Now that was hilarious. :)

And what other Clubs applied for Election into the Scottish League ?

Why would they? As the Spartan Chairman said..They would have absolutely no chance of competing with Rangers for election to the league. Why would they waste their money on such a futile campaign.

I cant understand why people like you would want these well run and hard working clubs to literally throw money down the drain.

Rangers have brought unprecedented coverage to the lower leagues. Boosted these clubs finances with the crowds we bring. These players are playing in front of full houses and have the chance of playing in front of 40,000+ at Ibrox. Do you think the Montrose player who scored the last minute wonder goal to earn his team a point will ever forget that moment? I have read many supporters say how great it was to see their own stadiums sold out and enjoyed the atmosphere that they rarely see these days. Given these clubs the chance of playing on national TV.

I would have thought teams like Annan and Stirling Albion might have seen a marked increase in their average crowds given the publicity the clubs got and the results they achieved against Rangers. TBH i don't think the casual supporter has been convinced into becoming a more regular supporter and that is a shame for these clubs as i know Stirling Albion for example are a well run family friendly club with a great wee stadium and very reasonably priced.

No club that could have applied alongside Rangers would have brought this to the lower leagues..So i ask you again. Why did you want them to throw money down the drain?