Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I certainly think it's a good thing.

In fact I think it's utterly hilarious that 'Rangers' are desperate for more cash so soon after the IPO :lol::lol::lol:

Even I understand why there's an element of humour in that - but, there's a giggle or two for us on this side of the shit-storms, too.

Why would the plastics be going apeshit about the thought of King returning? I thought his statement would have enraged the diddies because he denied their very existence as a matter of consideration. Seems the opposite has proven to be true.

Why would they? As the Spartan Chairman said..They would have absolutely no chance of competing with Rangers for election to the league. Why would they waste their money on such a futile campaign.

I cant understand why people like you would want these well run and hard working clubs to literally throw money down the drain.

Rangers have brought unprecedented coverage to the lower leagues. Boosted these clubs finances with the crowds we bring. These players are playing in front of full houses and have the chance of playing in front of 40,000+ at Ibrox. Do you think the Montrose player who scored the last minute wonder goal to earn his team a point will ever forget that moment? I have read many supporters say how great it was to see their own stadiums sold out and enjoyed the atmosphere that they rarely see these days. Given these clubs the chance of playing on national TV.

I would have thought teams like Annan and Stirling Albion might have seen a marked increase in their average crowds given the publicity the clubs got and the results they achieved against Rangers. TBH i don't think the casual supporter has been convinced into becoming a more regular supporter and that is a shame for these clubs as i know Stirling Albion for example are a well run family friendly club with a great wee stadium and very reasonably priced.

No club that could have applied alongside Rangers would have brought this to the lower leagues..So i ask you again. Why did you want them to throw money down the drain?

Then why didn't the authorities invite applications. As you are quite clearly putting it, the Rangers would've walked it. It would have made have given your NEW club a bit of credence!

Why 5 clubs would vote in a certain way as you well know.

This WKR lite stuff does you no favours at all.

Perhaps I'm being a bit thick here, but I genuinely don't get what you're on about. My club have already attempted to rationalise their decision in a way that was ably dismantled by me and others on the Queen of the South thread.

Seriously, could you explain what you mean please, because I'm not following?

The WRK life stuff is a bit daft by the way. He and I both dislike Rangers, but have different outlooks on several aspects of this story. Your wish to bracket us together in this way suggests that your reading of said story is not terribly sophisticated.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Not as Fucking funny as when Rangers got liquidated.

Now that was hilarious. :)

It takes the very easily entertained to sustain interest in the same joke over and over and over for this long.

But, the diddy interest I understand - I think the pish-ripping is all they have because there's an acceptance of the inevitability of where we will be very soon.

The plastics, conversely, have pinned their hopes on years and years of one horse races. There's a desperation borne of fear in their attempts to derail our return - because they strongly suspect they aren't going to get the free ride they so desperately want.

Look at the Hag's/Mac Goebbels bombast and its futile defence of wee jum so recently - not a single arrest, not a single fine resulted. The slightest whiff of a chance to harm Rangers and they are in about it - time and again it results in nothing at all.

This week it's Kings turn - pleasing.

:)

Then why didn't the authorities invite applications. As you are quite clearly putting it, the Rangers would've walked it. It would have made have given your NEW club a bit of credence!

Indeed.

Had the "authorities" just given chuckie an application form as they were a new club, And invited applications from anyone else interested, then sevco would have walked in anyway.

IF that had happened all this nonsense would've been put to bed there and then.

It's all the lies, deceit and downright corruption at the highest level that's hard to stomach for most of us.

The plastics, conversely, have pinned their hopes on years and years of one horse races. There's a desperation borne of fear in their attempts to derail our return - because they strongly suspect they aren't going to get the free ride they so desperately want.

This week it's Kings turn - pleasing.

How can someone return when they never left :blink:

If you think King or McColl is going to splash the cash to anywhere near the extent Minty did, then you're sadly mistaken. Years of mediocrity await you :thumsup2

Edited by Fotbawmad

Kings return is just to appease the rangers fans wanting change and to help raise more money as you are running out.

Considering he was part of the board that ran the old club into the ground he is welcome to his seat on the board. You guys will never learn.

Why would they? As the Spartan Chairman said..They would have absolutely no chance of competing with Rangers for election to the league. Why would they waste their money on such a futile campaign.

I cant understand why people like you would want these well run and hard working clubs to literally throw money down the drain.

Rangers have brought unprecedented coverage to the lower leagues. Boosted these clubs finances with the crowds we bring. These players are playing in front of full houses and have the chance of playing in front of 40,000+ at Ibrox. Do you think the Montrose player who scored the last minute wonder goal to earn his team a point will ever forget that moment? I have read many supporters say how great it was to see their own stadiums sold out and enjoyed the atmosphere that they rarely see these days. Given these clubs the chance of playing on national TV.

I would have thought teams like Annan and Stirling Albion might have seen a marked increase in their average crowds given the publicity the clubs got and the results they achieved against Rangers. TBH i don't think the casual supporter has been convinced into becoming a more regular supporter and that is a shame for these clubs as i know Stirling Albion for example are a well run family friendly club with a great wee stadium and very reasonably priced.

No club that could have applied alongside Rangers would have brought this to the lower leagues..So i ask you again. Why did you want them to throw money down the drain?

I think that had there been other clubs involved, Rangers would indeed have been rightful winners of such a process. Despite the hilarious uncertainty since, there's no doubt that a new Rangers should have offered more chance of becoming a sustainable force than someone like Spartans could.

However, I believe that applications should have been invited in the wake of the old club's death. I believe this in the interests of that transparency stuff. It would have removed the charge that the re-birth was given favourable treatment.

This is not a return to the BRALT for me.

Just wanted to thank the Ps and Ds for providing the wonderful levels of seethe over The Kings imminent arrival at Ibrox.

The realisation that this destroys all hope for the permanent extinction of our great club alongside punching home the reality of the inevitable return to the top must be a real hammer blow, I feel for you I really do.

Have fun my dear BRALTER's

This level of naivety is quite cute really.

Nobody is going .. 'apeshit' (wrong set of supporters for starters) at his return.

He still has to pass SFA approval and no matter what Newco omits from his application ...

The SFA have a tough choice to make.

The campaigning has already begun, the bloggers are frothing at the mouth and the green yins are going apeshit as they tend to do.

Edited by bennett

Just wanted to thank the Ps and Ds for providing the wonderful levels of seethe over The Kings imminent arrival at Ibrox.

The realisation that this destroys all hope for the permanent extinction of our great club alongside punching home the reality of the inevitable return to the top must be a real hammer blow, I feel for you I really do.

^^^^ Returns in meltdown style

Welcome back Tedi :)

Never mind false dawn :lol:

Nobody is going .. 'apeshit' (wrong set of supporters for starters) at his return.

He still has to pass SFA approval and no matter what Newco omits from his application ...

The SFA have a tough choice to make.

Not going apeshit, but you're pinning your hopes in the SFA? Why is it a 'tough choice' for the SFA?

The plastics on twitter and elsewhere are fucking raging at the very thought of King coming back - not a single response as to why.

And spare me any morality tales - no one can accept them from your tainted club.

This is not a return to the  BRALT for me.

Just wanted to thank the Ps and Ds for providing the wonderful levels of seethe over The Kings imminent arrival at Ibrox.

Have fun my dear  BRALTER's

I'll think you'll find it is.

Superb stuff. :

:lol:

Not going apeshit, but you're pinning your hopes in the SFA? Why is it a 'tough choice' for the SFA?

The plastics on twitter and elsewhere are fucking raging at the very thought of King coming back - not a single response as to why.

And spare me any morality tales - no one can accept them from your tainted club.

King, Whyte, Green, Murray, Mather, Eaasdsle?

all the same to me but im genuinely intrigued as to why you are delighted at the prospect.

You think that's why there's the outrage at King's possible return? I think it's far from certain he'll be back at all and I'm inclined to think it wont happen more than it will.

I can only conclude they think that King might invest heavily and that's why the plastics are going apeshit - he even defined why it's required in his statement. To compete with our Glasgow neighbours - safe to say it's not fssl or Clyde on his mind.

Eh, convicted multi million tax dodger and he was on the board of the old club that when into liquidation owing millions in tax.

Apart from that, nothing at all. :rolleyes: