Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

STV & BBC would dive on a cut price TV deal if we lost the Sky deal IMO.

Bingo. I reckon ESPN might fancy a crack at it too since Sky are leaving them only the scraps of the English game. It wouldn't be anything like the current deals, but with a bit of cloth cutting, I don't think many teams will really notice the difference.

Regarding Ally's comments about 'who was on this panel? ' and the veiled threats. The SFA named them and their qualifications at the time they were appointed 21st feb. It took me 1 minute of googling to get that info and it is on the SFA website.

The good news is Stewart regan was on the committee along with lord nimmo, Prof Niall Logan (head of chartered accountants body) and Bob downes (head of the EPA.) some pretty heavy hitters in my eyes.

The fat oaf on Scotland Tonight last night, Mark Dingwall, is (or has been until recently) Press Secretary of the Scottish Unionist Party, the political wing of the Orange Order in Scotland. They're massively against any change to the Act of Settlement that would allow a Catholic to become Queen or King. Marky boy, or Grandmaster Suck as he likes to be known on Follow Follow, has found some quotes that expose the sheer perfidy of politicians from other parties:

The breath taking hypocrisy of those who are committed to ending the Union can be seen in statements such as: -

We are "concerned when any individual is told that the profession of his or her religion disbars them from anything" - (Mike Russell S.N.P.)

"We are all opposed to religious discrimination where ever it is found" (Annabel Goldie Conservative)

"Scottish Society must not disbar participation in any aspect of our National life on the grounds of religion" (Mike Rumbles Lib/Dem.)

Disgraceful. String em up I say! blink.gif

My link

Edited by welshbairn

Any club Chief Executive that doesn't have a plan B for Rangers not being in the SPL next season is not doing their job properly.

As a Hibs fan we have had approximately 19 different kick off times over the season. Oh for a 3pm on a Saturday.

I'm wondering how many Chief Executives have underestimated their own support?

I'm what would be considered a part time supporter - I generally only manage along to maybe 6 or 7 home games a season (not incl. cup games) - through various reasons (work commitments, nights out, other obligations, etc). I'd be quite happy to guarantee to Stewart Gilmour that if RFC are not in the SPL next season I'll buy a season ticket, even if it means I only get 6 games out of it.

Edited by Gaspode

"celtic face a wilderness of centering to the league every year".....just like you and rangers goram when you won 9iar eh?

celtic skint and in dire financial straits for years while rangers cleaned up.

die rangers

Instead of asking for the names of the judicial panel fat sally would advance the issue further by asking for names of those who were in receipt of EBT's.

Doon the tubes, caught bonny and still no sign of contrition, regret, ownership, responsibility. If this wisnae P&B we might be talking Anders Breivik?

Bingo. I reckon ESPN might fancy a crack at it too since Sky are leaving them only the scraps of the English game. It wouldn't be anything like the current deals, but with a bit of cloth cutting, I don't think many teams will really notice the difference.

What's the betting there will suddenly be a massive interest in televising Div 3 games from next season :blink:

Some Key Facts and Figures about Sky TV

Total customers: 10,471,000

TV customers: 10,253,000

Sky + HD customers: 4,063,000

Multiroom customers: 2,350,000

Sky Broadband customers: 3,651,000

Sky Talk customers: 3,407,000

Adjusted revenue: £6,597,000,000

Investment in programming: £2,188,000,000

Adjusted operating profit 1 : £1,073,000,000

http://corporate.sky.com/about_sky/key_facts_and_figures

To put that into perspective the whole SPL TV deal costs 0.24% of Sky's total revenue. Their subscriber base is bigger than Scotland and Northern Ireland put together. That's how important SPL led subscriptions are to sky's business.

Rangers fans are basically chucking pebbles at a Rhinocerous. If they do it very, very well then their target might actually notice that somebody is trying to piss them off but that's about it.

"celtic face a wilderness of centering to the league every year".....just like you and rangers goram when you won 9iar eh?

celtic skint and in dire financial straits for years while rangers cleaned up.

die rangers

I think the thing that doesnt really occur to these morons, whether its Celtic, or Rangers and Celtic, it makes no difference to the fans of the other clubs whether its a one horse race or a two horse race, its still far more interesting for the rest of us if we can fight out for a champions league spot or an extra european spot, its great for everyone else if they get pumped to division three.

On the plus side for Celtic, they could cut down on the megstars and rely more on youth as well without worry which would hopefully help the Scottish national side.

Breaking news!!!!!

Rangers now have a new bidder from china that says he will pay off ALL their debt, buy new players, refit the stadium and return rangers to their former glory.

Mr Nay Foo Kin Chans will meet with shareholders this week!

Any club Chief Executive that doesn't have a plan B for Rangers not being in the SPL next season is not doing their job properly.

As a Hibs fan we have had approximately 19 different kick off times over the season. Oh for a 3pm on a Saturday.

Most of them should have had at least a rough Plan for their own team not being in the SPL never mind being in an SPL shorn of Rangers.

Traynor:

Let's stop kicking Rangers to death

By jim Traynor on Apr 25, 12 08:13 AM in rangers

LET'S all be clear about this. It isn't just Rangers FC who stand on the precipice.

Scottish football is right there beside them. We are all staring down at the rocks of ruin below.

Since the dark cloud of administration started gathering over Ibrox last year, arguments have raged about the value of this stricken club to the game.

Many believe the game would survive just fine without a club some love to hate. Of course we'd play on but would we prosper?

All those who insist Rangers aren't needed are deluding themselves because this club is massive. Whether we like it or not, the Old Firm are our driving force.

They attract TV companies, who pay millions to screen matches, and other clubs can attract sponsors through appearances on the box.

SPL money trickles down into the lower leagues every season and when they're on the road Old Firm fans help pay the running costs of other clubs and boost the takings of local businesses.

Take half of them away and more than football will suffer.

It's basic economics but the latest raft of sanctions on Rangers will make it harder than ever to find a new owner.

The timing of the latest punishments couldn't have been worse and now the American, Bill Miller, and Paul Murray and his Blue Knights are asking themselves if it's worth trying to save Rangers.

Time has almost run out. Soon the club administrators will have to admit defeat and let Rangers go into liquidation.

What then for our game and what would it say about the mentality of the people who influence it? Indeed, what would it say about Scotland when so many seem desperate to witness the death of this club?

Yes they have a minority - sizeable but a minority nonetheless - of fans who have brought disgrace on all of us but Rangers mean too much to so many more civilised people. It makes no sense to push them over the cliff.

Yet that's exactly what the SPL and SFA appear hell bent on doing. Frankly, they're now taking turns to kick Rangers while they're down.

And Rangers' fans believe it is vindictive. They could be right and more than a few in high places, who have been whispering in corners of the corridors of power, need to set aside their own prejudices and vested interests.

Of course the chicanery of Craig Whyte and the willingness of Sir David Murray, below, who must accept a massive chunk of the blame for Rangers' sorry state, cannot be excused but it is madness to hold the club responsible.

Put aside the EBT case, which could land Rangers with a massive bill, and forget for a moment that Whyte didn't pay tax on the club's wages.

These issues are being dealt with but right now the biggest impediments to Rangers' survival are the SFA and SPL.

It is astonishing that at as time when crowds are dwindling and other clubs are in financial peril those responsible for the game's well-being are falling over themselves to help kill off one of its biggest attractions.

If Murray and Miller are scared off because of merciless governing bodies who could yet throw down further sanctions, liquidation will be Rangers' fate and one of Scotland's biggest institutions will cease to exist. And after that? Scottish football could also find itself on the road to ruin.

Please, stop the gloating. Stop trying to beat a club senseless before it really is too late.

0<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">