Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Other that scaremongering by the media is there any proof that that Sky & Espn will or can pull out of the TV deal?

It's obvious it's liquidation now, do Dunfermline stay up or will Dundee be promoted.

With a TV Deal & Dundee in the league we (& Dundee Utd) will be better off. I'm sure we'll vote for what's best for us.

The TV deal has still to be signed and rattified by Both Sky & the SPL. ........ This wil not happen if Rangers under 19's are part of the product.

Personally i think that's a good thing. I woud rather there was no SPL on the box.

My club would have to cut it's cloth if Rangers are not a threat.good!

People wanting to watch games would have to get off their arse and go to one.great!

And we could get back to 3pm on a Saturday. Magic!

f**k the TV deal.

Yup, fair enjoyed reading that. Sadly he seems to be in the minority. This is quite unusual as we keep being told that where Rangers are concerned it's the vocal minority who make all the noise.

Don't understand this drivel about Rangers claiming they shouldn't be punished because Craig Whyte did bad. Does that mean they don't have to pay the tax bill from not paying PAYE etc because it was Whyte who decided not to do that? Idiots.

Most journalists are too scared to go on record and say what they think, its why we get the shit from Traynor and co dont want Rangers fans hounding them for the rest of their life, they are basically big pussies. I really respect Cosgrove and Leckie for saying what they think rather than what Rangers fans want them to hear, they will get shit from them, but its what all like minded fans are thinking.

Manager Ally McCoist warns that the Scottish FA's sanctions against Rangers could put the club out of business.

Right, then. So a judge that sentences a criminal to imprisonment could cost that person his job and that is the judges fault?

Actually, it is the conduct that led to the punishment that is to blame so if the net result is the (overdue) demise of Mordor FC, then so be it. As for the threats of boycotts, can all currants please just do that. An Orc-free Tannadice will be a much more pleasant place. While you are at it, can you persuade your green and white brethren to do the same, please. That would be peachy.

The TV deal has still to be signed and rattified by Both Sky & the SPL. ........ This wil not happen if Rangers under 19's are part of the product.

Personally i think that's a good thing. I woud rather there was no SPL on the box.

People wanting to watch games would have to get off their arse and go to one.great!

f**k the TV deal.

Any club Chief Executive that doesn't have a plan B for Rangers not being in the SPL next season is not doing their job properly.

As a Hibs fan we have had approximately 19 different kick off times over the season. Oh for a 3pm on a Saturday.

I've no doubt that Celtic, your club will punt off a couple of the 20k a week brigade (Hooper to Southampton?) to balance the books but that's just basic financial management, something that obviously escaped Rangers over the last 20 years.

Edited by AndyM

Just look at the whole Whyte situation. After he screws Rangers over and all the stuff about him being who he is becomes public knowledge they ride in and say he's not a fit and proper person to run a club. Yeah man do it now it's easy and he won't come back. Try doing it at the end of last season when the Rangers fans were loving him and he was the only person interested in buying Murray's tax scam club, then we would've seen uproar.

As mentioned there is a lot of re-writing of history going on, and the Rangers fans are no exception.

When the BBC broadcast their programme last October revealing that Whyte had been banned as a company director for seven years (plus his other shady dealings), there was a protest by Rangers fans outside Pacific Quay about how this was all part of a timmy conspiracy to do down their club.

Now they're telling us that it's always been blatantly obvious that Whyte is a chancer and the SFA should have clamped down on him the second he set foot in Ibrox.

Edited by qpsnapper

Today's Scotsman back page blares that McCoist = "open to drop into Third Division" (which on closer inspection turns-out to actually mean quitting/expulsion from SPL and application to SFL3). Aside from the moral arguments as to whether or not they should win such a ballot...

... if SFA are serious about sporting integrity and fairness, why would they approve the necessary transfer of SFA membership?

Shhhhush!! We're keeping this as a surprise for once they've liquidated. :ph34r:

Is this actually the case though? As far as I'm aware, the current TV deal has 2 more years to run, and Sky/ESPN had an option to terminate it early at the end of this season, which they didn't do. Instead they negotiated a bigger deal, but I presume that won't start until 2014.

f**k the TV deal.

We wouldn't be living in a TV-free vacuum - Sky Sports would still exist up here.

The armchair fans would still get their fix via English, Spanish and other football.

http://www.thescotti...u-wish-for.html

Andy Gorman has another brilliant and insightful column.

Indeed. Here's some selected quotes:

As for the 12-month signing ban, there weren't going to be any marquee signings, anyway, so that's another empty gesture.

Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah - we were going to be sh*te anyways.

Immediately, SKY will tear up the big-money TV deal that stipulates there must be four Old Firm games a season.

Not sure that it actually states this in the contract - no-one seems sure. As for a new deal, there isn't one, remember - SKY wouldn't sign it. Losing it means cutting your cloth to suit, as long as it's a level playing field why should this be a significant problem. The TV deal will be smaller, no doubt, but any chairman worth his salt will already be planning for that.

Crowds will dwindle, interest will diminish.

Especially at Ibrox.

Who's going to buy advertising hoardings round the parks when TV's not there to show them?

Pretty sure that'll be part of the SKY TV deal Andy.

As for the SPL's colleagues at the SFA, they've simply done their best to kill the club. I thought they were supposed to be looking after their member clubs, not punishing them?

Andy could it be that the SFA are looking after all the other clubs? Protecting them from Rangers' unscrupulous business practices?

His demand for four seats in the directors' box for life was just nonsense. It would have meant four empty seats at every game.

It'll be many many more than that, trust me.

But what happened to the SFA doing due diligence?

That old chestnut? Tell you what Andy why not call for the SFA to start investigations into former director Paul Murray, after all he was there when Sir David was rampaging through the tax system and racking up unpayable debts. Why not also call for an investigation into Bill Miller, not much known about him? I'll tell you why because you want your cake and eat it...someone to save the club and someone to blame if it all goes tits up.

Edited by Dungolfin

They are committed but not really if it hurts too much.

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=217999

"Monday would be a good day for a co-ordinated closing of thousands of Sky TV subscriptions ensuring that the broadcaster was made aware that this is a sign of things to come should the Scottish Football Authorities continue their unfair, vindictive pursuit of Rangers FC<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Who is in?"

Might work...as long as you don't have to fill in a form or use big words.

The main thing Goram and the rest of these helmets spouting due diligence at the SPL, its not up to them to check out who's buying clubs, its up to the seller to make sure they are stand up guys.

as someone said about 50 pages back, a quick google would have shown that Whyte was a crook, but no one in Rangers or the media it seemed bothered to google his name.

loved this 1 on rangers media

"Canceled FOX Soccer here today. If there's a Bear anywhere with SKY/FOX can the fuckers and stream the other leagues online, then get your RangersTV. Costs less than what I was paying for this shit anyway. Maybe they can get all the Killie fans around the world to sign up in our place."

do they not realise that there will be no rangers tv soon.

post-33815-0-31347500-1335345149_thumb.j

Any club Chief Executive that doesn't have a plan B for Rangers not being in the SPL next season is not doing their job properly.

As a Hibs fan we have had approximately 19 different kick off times over the season. Oh for a 3pm on a Saturday.

I've no doubt that Celtic, your club will punt off a couple of the 20k a week brigade (Hooper to Southampton?) to balance the books but that's just basic financial management, something that obviously escaped Rangers over the last 20 years.

[/quote

Absolutely spot on! Lets not forget it's RFC that are at fault, no one else! They have NOBODY to blame but themselves, therefore there should be no sympathy whatsoever for their plight, regardless of the long term effect on Scottish Football. Come what may, the other clubs will adapt and cut cloth to suit, you never know a better product may emerge.

Back to the good old days of 3pm kick offs, all clubs playing on Saturday, listening to the radio, pacing the kitchen and Sportscene at 10.30pm on a Saturday night. I could hack that!

Mr McCoist should be asking his mentor and others before him, what the hell they were playing at! Not looking for scapegoats, which is quite frankly, worse than pathetic!

Walter Smith must have had an inkling of the extent of the problems, yet still spent £4 mill on Jelavic.

Ally...............sorry mate, but you are after the wrong people!

I can understand Ally becoming desperate, and displaying a seige mentality - but what is he on about with his "we are being punished for the actions of an individual" pish? I assume he means the stand-up guy. What about the previous incumbent Ally?

Meltdowns everywhere... It's getting messy.