Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

One point I have to concede - I have no idea how many members the rSC has in Sheffield.

I don't live within an hour's drive from Sheffield, so I certainly don't class it as close.

Where I live, there are about eighty houses within a mile radius - so human beings are thin on the ground, let alone football fans of any persuasion. There are a couple of massive pig farms round here, mind, so I can see where you might get confused.

It was you that claimed they were thin on the ground but you have a few in your circle of friends. I merely pointed out Sheffield and DISTRICT is one of the largest Rangers Supporters Club in England.

It was you that said you had quite a few Sheff Wednesday supporters in your circle of friends who all seem to go against the view of every other Sheff Wednesday supporter i have read online or spoken to in person.

You are either making up this circle of friends to try and add weight to your argument or are we to believe you just happen to associate with the few Rangers supporters who think Rangers are a new club...AND the only Sheff Wed. supporters who did not have a great time at a great game played in a great atmosphere.

It was you that claimed they were thin on the ground but you have a few in your circle of friends. I merely pointed out Sheffield and DISTRICT is one of the largest Rangers Supporters Club in England.

It was you that said you had quite a few Sheff Wednesday supporters in your circle of friends who all seem to go against the view of every other Sheff Wednesday supporter i have read online or spoken to in person.

You are either making up this circle of friends to try and add weight to your argument or are we to believe you just happen to associate with the few Rangers supporters who think Rangers are a new club...AND the only Sheff Wed. supporters who did not have a great time at a great game played in a great atmosphere.

I have three (count 'em) mates at work who followed rangers. One still thinks he does.

The club was origionally the idea in 1992 of half a dozen die hard fans who were fed up of paying extortionate prices on the train, so they got together and held their first meeting in a pub in Sheffield.

The hope, and feeling, was that maybe 40/50 people would turn up. On the day there was in excess of 150!!!

As so many had travelled from different areas the name Sheffield & Districts Loyal seemed most appropriate and was welcomed as the club name.

We became registered with Rangers and the WWA etc and since then have taken fans from mostly Notts and Yorkshire to games at Ibrox, away in Scotland and have had club trips to various European games.

Over the years membership dwindled until the club nearly closed due to a lack of interest in Sheffield itself.

The remaining committee members worked hard to keep the club going and moved the base to Mansfield where the majority of members were now from (though by no means all).

By recruiting two new Committee members who along with the remaining member put a lot of time and effort into getting the club back on its feet we are once more a stable and financially viable RSC with a hardcore membership of about 35 members, with about 10 season ticket holders.

New initiatives such as the Ltd Ed badges and the Polo shirts have helped the clubs finances and we still spend in excess of £1000 on our EOS party.

We are now able to run 3 full size coach trips a season to Ibrox and these are usually close to being full, and the hope is with time we can increase this number!!!

All in all we are moving forward and getting stronger, one of the few, as in today’s climate RSC’s, particularly south of the border seem to be struggling and closing quicker than new ones are opening.

(You'll forgive me if I take the Biggest and Bestest Supporters' Club In England's word rather than yours.)

Thanks to CB for the history of on of your lot's biggest clubs in England. Thirty-five members, but they're hard-core! And ten - ten! - ST holders. Based in Mansfield as well - not even in the same county, and 25 miles away from Sheffield. Hardly a district.

Lastly, I suggest you have a wee look at a map. Yorkshire isn't small, you know. Manchester, Blackburn, Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Stoke-on-Trent - all closer to Sheffield than I am. Would you count them as districts of Sheffield?

I'm sure if they ran a bus or three to every game, they wouldn't be shy about telling people.

I have three (count 'em) mates at work who followed rangers. One still thinks he does.

The club was origionally the idea in 1992 of half a dozen die hard fans who were fed up of paying extortionate prices on the train, so they got together and held their first meeting in a pub in Sheffield.

The hope, and feeling, was that maybe 40/50 people would turn up. On the day there was in excess of 150!!!

As so many had travelled from different areas the name Sheffield & Districts Loyal seemed most appropriate and was welcomed as the club name.

We became registered with Rangers and the WWA etc and since then have taken fans from mostly Notts and Yorkshire to games at Ibrox, away in Scotland and have had club trips to various European games.

Over the years membership dwindled until the club nearly closed due to a lack of interest in Sheffield itself.

The remaining committee members worked hard to keep the club going and moved the base to Mansfield where the majority of members were now from (though by no means all).

By recruiting two new Committee members who along with the remaining member put a lot of time and effort into getting the club back on its feet we are once more a stable and financially viable RSC with a hardcore membership of about 35 members, with about 10 season ticket holders.

New initiatives such as the Ltd Ed badges and the Polo shirts have helped the clubs finances and we still spend in excess of £1000 on our EOS party.

We are now able to run 3 full size coach trips a season to Ibrox and these are usually close to being full, and the hope is with time we can increase this number!!!

All in all we are moving forward and getting stronger, one of the few, as in todays climate RSCs, particularly south of the border seem to be struggling and closing quicker than new ones are opening.

(You'll forgive me if I take the Biggest and Bestest Supporters' Club In England's word rather than yours.)

Thanks to CB for the history of on of your lot's biggest clubs in England. Thirty-five members, but they're hard-core! And ten - ten! - ST holders. Based in Mansfield as well - not even in the same county, and 25 miles away from Sheffield. Hardly a district.

Lastly, I suggest you have a wee look at a map. Yorkshire isn't small, you know. Manchester, Blackburn, Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Stoke-on-Trent - all closer to Sheffield than I am. Would you count them as districts of Sheffield?

I'm sure if they ran a bus or three to every game, they wouldn't be shy about telling people.

It is quite obviously an outdated history of the club. Look at the website and you will see they run buses to EVERY game home and away.

Instead of thanking little fergus you should have actually read the WHOLE of the site not just the outdated history.

You should read about Queen Street True Blues. They didn't even have a bus when they started but were friends who met in Queen Street and got together to help them get aeay tickets. Now it is one of the biggest in Scotland.

Nice to know wee Fergus is still following me about trying to catch me out on any little thing. Poor effort...1/10

It is quite obviously an outdated history of the club. Look at the website and you will see they run buses to EVERY game home and away.

Instead of thanking little fergus you should have actually read the WHOLE of the site not just the outdated history.

You should read about Queen Street True Blues. They didn't even have a bus when they started but were friends who met in Queen Street and got together to help them get aeay tickets. Now it is one of the biggest in Scotland.

Nice to know wee Fergus is still following me about trying to catch me out on any little thing. Poor effort...1/10

Big Bus Days

HomeBig Bus Days

The Club intends to run the following trips for the 2013/14 season, numbers permitting. Please note the Book by date!!

sadlcoach.png

Saturday November 16th 2013, HOME v Forfar Athleic. Big Bus Day, book with Carl on or before Sunday 29th September 2013.

Saturday January 25th 2014, HOME v Arbroath. Big Bus. book with Carl on or before Sunday December 08th 2013.

Saturday February 15th 2014, AWAY v Ayr United. Club Away trip, book with Carl on or before Sunday 05th January 2014.

Saturday April 27th 2014, HOME v Stranraer. Club Overnight Exec Trip - Book with Carl ASAP. Only 36 places avialable.

Aye, OK....

ETA: A pretty vibrant wee sleuth down there, mind. Their blog has five entries in it for the season just gone. Yep, five.

Oh, I bet you're glad you opened this wee can of worms, No.8!

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Wait a minute.

Are we seriously arguing about how many Rangers fans in Yorkshire attend games as if that's something that in any way matters?

Nah, just trying to show No. 8 that it's just possible I may not have bumped into one of the Horde who apparently infest the People's Republic* like an embarrassing rash.

*South Yorkshire, that is. The county next door to where the Sheffield loyal hang out. :rolleyes:

I remember the cries of Rangers should show some contrition for using EBT's, the false accusations of cheating.....

Maybe people like Norman should show a little humility themselves for the hate filled rubbish that they've been spouting for the last few years.

Rangers were wrongly lambasted for doing nothing wrong.

Apart from breaking spl rules.

You certainly are.

I take it you failed to read the whole site or were you just hoping everybody else would?

I've just read the entire site, apart from the massive blog. Proper cheered me up, that has. :lol:

If you're going to hold this lot up as one of the largest supporters' clubs in the country next door, I reckon a wee re-assessment of the size of the "Global Rangers Family" might be in order.

Better get on there quick, folks - they're selling a limited number of second-hand rangers tops for charity. Isn't that nice of them?

Hang on a minute. rangers? Charity? Why are there bells ringing? :lol::lol::lol:

Clear the diaries on Sat 21st June. End of season party with Derek Johnstone and Alex Rae, flute band and loyalist DJ.

Hope Radio Clyde are quite happy their regular pundit is moonlighting in the close season.

Looks like both No.8's are going, then. ;)

Oh, that's impressive. A rangers supporters club in Glasgow is one of the biggest in Scotland. Hoodathunkit?

Apologies to the rest of you, but I just keep finding more chucklesome titbits in No.8's rants today. He really is priceless.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to see if they've got any of those S&Dloyal Red Paw badges left. Got enough in my PayPal account, anyroad...

Nope, no "no surrender" badge. I do, however, appear to have booked a clown for my daughter's birthday. :lol:

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6976-club-statement

“Representatives of Rangers have met with a number of supporter groups over the past few days and discussed a wide range of topics. We again made it clear during these meetings that the club will not grant security over Ibrox to any organisation and therefore the 'Ibrox 1972' scheme can never achieve its objectives. In addition the club will not accept season ticket applications from third parties such as 'Ibrox 1972' on behalf of supporters.
“In some of our discussions with fans, it was indicated that there was a wish for the Board to confirm that our statement of intention not to grant security over Ibrox could become a commitment that would last for 12 months. This has subsequently been discussed by the Board and the Board confirms that it will not be seeking to effect a sale and leaseback or grant security over Ibrox during that period of time.
“The Board is rebuilding the Club by ensuring its financial stability and the integrity of its assets.
“Whilst the Board is reported to have offered legally binding undertakings during a fan group discussion in relation to Ibrox and Murray Park, this is not the case. The Board is committed to high standards of corporate governance and is comfortable that it has at all times been very clear in providing consistent and unequivocal public comments on this subject.
"Season ticket sales have continued at a good pace over the last few days and we appreciate the continued support shown by our loyal fans.
"We trust that any supporters who may have been in any doubt about the Board's previous statements regarding Ibrox now have an additional level of comfort and any who may have made, or were considering making, a pledge of their season ticket money to 'Ibrox 1972' are clear that there is no prospect of that group achieving its aims."

will not be seeking to effect a sale and leaseback or grant security over Ibrox during that period of time.

sherlockzk0.gif

Edited by Bing (2)