Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Again you are ignoring your own point and decided to focus on the 'tits up' element as you find this self gratifying, the fact is Hearts left that debt behind them, the fact is that somewhere along that the process real people were left out of pocket through not fault of their own and purely down to the over ambition of a football club.

'another club which went spectacularly tits up leaving even half as much debt behind them.'

It really does not surprise me that you choose to ignore this, your prejudices go way beyond anything that has happened in the past few years, this is simply a façade you cling to justify your warped thought process which is borne out of your much troubled past.

It seems you are genuinely stuck with your prejudices fuelled by a lifetime of hate, honestly I really do pity you.

Again, you are ignoring the elephant in the room - Hearts still exist. Get that through your thick skull, and the rest follows quite logically.

ETA: The debtors stranded by rangers would not have suffered as much had rangers acted in an honourable and non-criminal fashion. There would perhaps have been an agreed CVA had HMRC not been such a major factor.

One might almost suggest that the club would not have died had they stuck to the rules instead of trying to find highly suspect means of avoiding their tax liabilities.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Pulls out the token "know a couple myself" card...............just admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Strangely enough, they're a wee bit thin on the ground down here...

FWIW, the lads I know gladly accept my attitude towards both their clubs, and don't actually define themselves overwhelmingly by the team they choose to follow. Like I say, whether they're representative or not is someone else's call, but it's certainly a far cry from the attitude you see online.

So the fact they 'still exist' your explanation 'Got through a CVA are were not forced to go down a newco route' my explanation makes it perfectly ok to leave that massive pile of debt behind.

:lol:

As I said it is a façade and an extremely flimsy one at that.

You're word-salading again, Tedi. Maybe proof-read your posts before you commit yourself.

You do know that rangers still exist, don't you? Or at least they were still in liquidation last time I looked. You, of course, are too happy with your new mob to care, but that's the case.

Ain't reality a bitch sometimes?

More deflection...it is the WKR way.

No deflection on my part, Tedi. You're the one who's taken two and a half hours (so far) avoiding the issue. One club's name - that's all I asked for.

You've spent the time between your normal "WKR" patter trying to draw similarities between your old club and Hearts, while completely ignoring the glaring differences between the two situations.

Not unexpected - you would dearly love to find a club somewhere out there that is a combination of Hearts/Fiorentina/Leeds/Middlesborough/Dundee, wouldn't you? Shame you're stuck with rangers. Except you're obviously not, following as you do another club while the one you claim to love lies on the slab.

You appear to share more than matchday experiences with Tedi.

Of course fans of Dunfermline, Hearts and others celebrated when their clubs managed to survive. Now,

1. Which of these clubs stole from the Treasury in order to survive? and,

2. Do you feel that rangers fans did anything constructive in order to avoid the club's death?

You show me any other club which stooped to criminality in order to survive, and I'll castigate them just the same.

And just to clarify your revisionism:

1. No-one was relegated to D3. A new club was admitted.

2. Your old club was not "financially cheating". They were stealing. From the Queen, at that.

Revisionism? Try actually reading what has been posted and not what you wish had been posted to suit your argument

I never said they were relegated...I said they deserved to be relegated. I said this 2 days after administration.

By witholding the PAYE/NI they were cheating...This is why they had should have faced far stiffer penalties than they did at the time.

Did Dunfermline not owe HMRC? You have me at a disadvantage here WKR...You see i do not follow the day to day events at other clubs that closely. I wish them well and then get on with my life. I don't think i have more than a handful posts on threads regarding Hearts , Dunfermline , Dundee,Motherwell,Livis or even Gretnas fall from grace. I am suppose it is fair to assume at least one or more owed monies to HMRC

Fixed that for you.

You fixed nothing...This is hard work...big letters for you...MY POST WAS LONG BEFORE LIQUIDATION! I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE PUNISHMENT FOR CHEATING AND ADMINISTRATION JUST DID NOT FIT THE CRIME AND RANGERS , IMO, SHOULD HAVE BEEN HIT A HELLUVA LOT HARDER THAN A 10 POINT PENALTY.

Hope you have that now. Of course later the company went into liquidation which changed everything

I'd say that Rangers' fraud and death had more in common with Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina than it did with, say, Hearts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Italian_football_scandal

Although admittedly, e.g. Juventus are still the same club.

I have to be honest, rodent - there is a major difference to the old Calciopoli malarkey. The clubs involved - five in all, if I recall (Milan, as well?) were cheating. No doubt about it.

The difference? Well, scumbags though these Italians were (and I wonder how many bets they lost me :(), what rangers did went outside of the game. They stole from the taxpayer/the country/the Queen. Totally different ball of wax, right there.

Rules of the Game vs.Law of the Land. I know which one I would say is the bigger offence.

One might almost suggest that the club would not have died had they stuck to the rules instead of trying to find highly suspect means of avoiding their tax liabilities.

Are you talking about the perfectly legal EBT scheme?

I am sure Chelsea and Arsenal both used that scheme and legally avoided sums far in excess of anything Rangers legally avoided

FWIW, the lads I know gladly accept my attitude towards both their clubs, and don't actually define themselves overwhelmingly by the team they choose to follow. Like I say, whether they're representative or not is someone else's call, but it's certainly a far cry from the attitude you see online.

Just like all those pesky Sheff Wednesday fans you know that didn't welcome us and were not happy with our behaviour :lol:

Even though i was there and had a great day / night. I was on Sheff Wednesday fans forum before and after the game and EVERY one of them praised us. Well all but two and it later turned out one was a Hearts fan the other a celtic fan..which one were you? Now we know you have no affiliation with Hearts

It is Sheffield you stay and work in? The Sheffield and District is one of the larger RSCs in England so that would suggest they are not so thin on the ground at all.

You are having a fucking nightmare.

Are you talking about the perfectly legal EBT scheme?

I am sure Chelsea and Arsenal both used that scheme and legally avoided sums far in excess of anything Rangers legally avoided

I remember the cries of Rangers should show some contrition for using EBT's, the false accusations of cheating.....

Maybe people like Norman should show a little humility themselves for the hate filled rubbish that they've been spouting for the last few years.

Rangers were wrongly lambasted for doing nothing wrong.

It is Sheffield you stay and work in? The Sheffield and District is one of the larger RSCs in England so that would suggest they are not so thin on the ground at all.

You are having a fucking nightmare.

No it isn't.

Feel free to make suppositions though, they'll soon become accepted fact among you and your fellow berrz.

Wow

I am perfectly calm and my post above made perfect sense.

I also tried to have a normal conversation without digs or references to your intelligence, this is obviously beyond you, backed into a corner and unable or unwilling to address your own points your true personality shines through, you really are an absolute mentalist.

At least I tried.

A normal conversation is impossible with someone like Norman, he will just keep on repeating the same old tired cliches in the hope that everyone else will get bored and leave him to it. Then he'll smuggly claim a victory and pat himself on the back.

I remember the cries of Rangers should show some contrition for using EBT's, the false accusations of cheating.....

Maybe people like Norman should show a little humility themselves for the hate filled rubbish that they've been spouting for the last few years.

:1eye

Edit to add:

6841498_std.jpg

Edited by flyingrodent

:lol:

Fucking Hell.

Thats the beauty of it, we all know it was wages but the FTTT saw it our way and the green and greys can only whine about how unjust it all is online.

Cheers kid.

Maybe you should remember what that "F" stands for.