Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Notice a Scottish retail site quote the following figures

There are 960,000 Rangers fans in Scotland, making it the biggest fan base of any club.

Research conducted by Sportswise a few years ago suggested more than 50% of the 40,000 fans going to a home match spent £10 or more in a pub pre-match while a further 70,000 fans watched the match from the pub.

So that's near 1 million just in Scotland, 100,000 watching in the ground or pub....probably double if you include home viewers

With groups travelling today from London & Blackpool etc and from the pictures a lot of complete families going along

......isn't 6-7000 fans turning up today ( not even close to 1% of fans ) a bit crap and not fitting of guys e-mailing that they are not able to be there but are weeping at the sight of such a massive protest ?

Only a few year ago 40,000 turned up to see Ian Durrant's reserve team comeback

6-7000 with probably only about 5000 from Glasgow (population 600,000) bothering to turn up

Just asking

You wait. This time next year, St Mirren, Hearts, Dundee, Partick Thistle, Kilmarnock, Ayr, Airdrie (with little appreciation of the irony), Irvine Meadow (ditto!), etc, etc. will be full of brand new faces that will swear on their bairn's lives have "always been fans of the club", deny thrice before cock crow ever being Rangers fans, and "wasn't it a laugh seeing those dirty cheating Ibrox bigots going bust!"

:whistle

Edited by WaffenThinMint

It was confirmed in the press that the penalty stays with the member share, so will remain if they transfer to a newco. the press may be incorrect but I don't think Rangers would be quite so angry if that were

the case.

My error. I'm thinking of a Newco in the Airdrie United mould which was a completely new club, rather than a find the lady style switcheroo.

Are Airdrie United not Clydebank with a new name?

Yes, because the Newco Airdrie United was refused entry to the league as an example that clubs couldn't go bust, start again under a different guise and pick up where they left off.

Rangers, if liquidated, should be forced down the same route. Refuse them entry to the SFL and watch as they buy up some defunct diddy club such as Clyde, before rebranding it and moving it to Glasgow.

Are Airdrie United not Clydebank with a new name?

Yes - they are Clydebank. Originally a group of businessman + other Airdrie-minded people formed a new club called Airdrie Utd - presumably this was viable for SFL in 2002 - but it lost the election to Gretna FC. Then they bought Clydebank.

You'd think they would have better things to worry about :lol:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=218464

Dont need anyone with that sort of attitude around Ibrox at the best of times let alone right now, No way should the club have allowed to send him on loan to PT with a tarrier in charge.

f**k the rest of scottish football, If we are going to send players out on loan, we should either send them to England or to a club with good Rangers / protestant connections. i.e Cowdenbeath etc..

There's a cringy picture doing the rounds on Facebook which has today's SPL attendances on a picture of the protest with some comment along the lines of "10k supporters that won't be at your ground next season".

Edited by lanky_ffc

Just read the Sandy Jardine statement again. Now, I know he's not the most intelligent of guys and the true significance of his words may have escaped him but surely he can be charged with incitement or something for such a blatantly offensive and inflammatory statement?

Notice a Scottish retail site quote the following figures

There are 960,000 Rangers fans in Scotland, making it the biggest fan base of any club.

So, not a huge sacrifice from each to pay the debt? Why haven't they?

My error. I'm thinking of a Newco in the Airdrie United mould which was a completely new club, rather than a find the lady style switcheroo.

Ahh gotcha :-) - yeah I see what you mean in that scenario.